Chapter Twenty Four: History & Repetition

Chapter 24: History & Repetition

It was Christmas morning finally. Because that means my grans, grandma Jane and grandpa Joseph will be leaving tomorrow. Or that's what I hope for.

That old lady seriously made me cook. Or at least tried. They had to remove me from the kitchen for the sake of the future of our civilization. Scott made me promise not to get near the kitchen ever again.

As if I was the one who got hurt making coffee. Not that I have any problem with the arrangement.

Granlady ( I nicknamed her) was forced to give up on the attempt, saying girls like me don't need to learn to cook. I still don't get what she meant by girls like me but whatever, who cared what she said.

Actually Jenn did. She actually ended up cooking dinner before yesterday (with the help of our housekeeper, but she did most of the work). It was insane of her.

But I get her point. She doesn't want them to see her as garbage, she wanted to prove her worth. Too bad she didn't know that whatever she does, she can't change the devil's mind.

Anyway, after the little scene I created in the kitchen, I was dismissed by my grandmother and thus how I energized myself laying on the bed now, having nothing to do.

Most of my friends were out of the city, Phoebe went to Canada to visit her sister. Which means her whole family went there too.

I didn't know she had another sister but I was sure she was mentioned somewhere before.

Having nothing to do since morning I FaceTime Alexa, wished mamma and papa Christmas. But the conversation had to cut short as they were going out.

Everyone was enjoying Christmas except me. I groaned in frustration just the moment there was a knock on the door. Laura opened the door and smiled at me.

"Stella, I hope I'm not at the wrong moment."

"No," I muttered, "You can come in."

She closed the door behind her and sat down on the other side of the bed. "Are you fine?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Everyone's in the living room to open their Christmas presents but you weren't there so I came to check up on you."

I almost forgot about my presents. "I forgot. That's why I was wondering what I'm missing here."

She laughed lightly. That reminded me what Len and dad told me about her and dad. You can't totally blame her. She had every reason to doubt.

I got a cardigan from the closet and together we went to the living room.

We could hear my grandmother screaming from the lawn. Laura sighed. "My parents, they are not-"

"You don't have to explain yourself, I know mom."

Laura stopped walking and that made me realize what I've said. Then I started walking like I haven't said anything.

Okay, this might sound a little bit much childish of me to hold up on something that nobody had nothing to do, and any person in my place would've been thrilled to find their own family. The fact my life was all of lies made me more than a little disappointed, still, it has nothing to do with me admitting her as my mother.

"Did I say your grandparents are coming?" She asked.

"They are already here?"

"No, not them, I'm talking about your dad's."