Chapter Seven: Humiliation & Honor

Chapter 07: Humiliation and Honor

The next morning, I was woken up by Eva, around six-thirty in the morning. She said my parents arrived and they wanted to see me.

I finished my morning business and changed for school. Walking down the corridor, I noticed plastic cups here and there on the floor. I wondered why they hadn't cleaned it up before Laura and Stefan came back. I also noticed a few broken plants while passing by the garden.

Those poor babies didn't deserve this kind of cruelty.

When I finally reached the living room, which felt like decades later, I noticed the gloomy vibe everywhere.

"Good morning?" I tried to break the awkwardness of the atmosphere. Last time I faced this type of situation was when I was informed about my adoption.

Which was something like two weeks ago by the way.

Well, let's just hope they aren't gonna say that they also had adopted you when you were born and your parents died in an accident which occurred by them by the way, this time.

Stefan cleared his throat when he noticed me and looked away. He picked up Cloe, grabbed Rick by his arm, and walked past me. Len also looked away, Scott didn't even bother to look up from his phone. Only a satisfied face was carried by Jenn.

"Stella you want to tell me something?" Laura asked.

"That the school mailed me last Saturday and they want me to skip a year to the junior year?" I asked back.

It's true. There was this test I had taken and kind of passed pretty well. So they suggested that I skip a year. They said Scott also skipped fourth grade and he's a junior too. I wasn't sure if I could cope with this jump or not but they insisted on doing so. Thus I agreed. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to ask for my parent's permission or not. It wasn't like they paid any attention to our school and stuff. And I thought they already talked to them before making the final decision.

Jenn snorted. By then Scott also made his way out of the room.

"I thought I could trust you with them," Laura shook her head. "But it turns out you're nothing less than them."

The hell?

"What are you talking about?" I was lowly.

"The party last night," she continued. "It was thrown for you, right? You insisted them to throw the party."

I blinked. Twice. When I processed what she said, anger started boiling my veins.

"What do you mean by I insisted? I didn't even stay down here for long." I spoke the truth. My eyes moved on Jenn who was still smirking and then Len. He did what he's best at, kept his head low.

I was on the verge of tears. Why would I do that? I don't even like crowds. Yet the blame is on me.

"You're so much more spoiled than I thought. Should've taught you some manners before bringing here." Laura stood up and was about to leave when I finally spoke.

"You think you know so much about me?" I asked. "Guess what? It's not me or any of your children here. It's you who's the bitch here."

She turned around, her face furious and red. But I didn't let her speak "I never wanted to come here in the first place, yet you forced me. Do you find me complaining? Or did I mention how fucked up all of you are? You shouldn't have let someone stay in our house before having the least idea about them."