Chapter 14: Teens and Phases

"Someone please kill me," I scream while making way through the crowd. "That bald physics man will be the death of me!"

"Can't believe we're agreeing on two things at one time," Caleb responded, following me behind.

You and me both.

I opened my locker and threw my books inside. It was a great mess. I might need to clean it. Someday.

But today's not that day, I thought and closed the locker taking my physics copy.

It was my fourth or fifth week here, and I already made a pretty list of hated and loved things here. Though the latter one isn't much to see.

Okay, let's be honest with this. Physics and Computers are my favorite subjects of all time. I try to add mathematics in the list every now and then, but let's just say angles and I don't go along.

Since I was enrolled here, most of the teachers were nice to me. Mrs. Rosalyn from Arts gave me assignments to cover my missing classes, Ms. Bellemore from Chemistry gave two tests. Mr. Kumar from Computer was easy to handle too. Math was going fine. But I might need Aaron's help at some point, I skipped a year after all.

But then comes Physics, my favorite subject since forever. I wasn't great with angles, but when it comes to calculations, I was pretty much great. So I was really excited to start Physics. But the problem arose when Mr. Paul turned out like nothing I was told. If he's actually the best in Physics as they said, I didn't see any sign of that in four weeks.

He made me take exams every week, not to mention the current exams. He even suggested that I drop the class at some point.

But I wasn't the one to give up. If he wants to be- you-know-what, he can be for all I care.

I lost Caleb on the way to Physics. Maybe hooking up with some random chick or whatever.

Alison already saved a seat for me and Aaron was in the front. Tyler doesn't take physics, and my twinny has physics with Mr. Akito.

Lucky them.

Somehow Caleb was in the class before it started and sat behind us.

"Psst Stella," Alison whispered. I glanced at Mr. Bulldog aka Paul, then replied, "What?"

"There's a party this weekend."

"Great," I focused back on the lecture.

"Some of the seniors are hosting." I pretended not to guess what was coming next. "You're coming, aren't you? All of us are invited."

"Um..."

I have the briefest idea of what happens at a high school party. So I would even finish my Romeo and Juliet assignment from English lit all by myself instead of partying.

"Please....don't say no!" She pleaded before I could answer.

"My grandparents are coming this weekend," I half lied. It's the last week of school before the Christmas holidays. Laura said her parents are coming to spend the holidays with us.

"Miss Finch and Miss De Morgan, would you share your chat with us? " Bulldog asked. We looked at each other and shook our heads.

"Thought so," he said. "Now Miss Finch, would you like to tell me which of these have the lowest Kinetic Energy?" He pointed at the board.

I calculated them mentally as they weren't much difficult and answered. "The third one Mr. Paul."

He turned around from the board.