Chapter Five: Trauma & After-warmth

Chapter 05: Trauma & After-warmth

When I opened my eyes I could not see anything clearly at first. With gray mist all around, I could not get any glimpse of my surroundings.

"Hello?" I called.

The mist around me slowly started clearing. I blinked my eyes a few times to adjust them with the light. When my vision was clear I saw a huge copper statue in front of me.

I furrowed my brows and took a step to remember what it was. Someone bumped into me.

"Ouch!" I groaned and turned around. My eyes widened when I saw a reflection of eleven years old instead of sixteen in the wall mirror.

What the fudge!

I slowly walked closer to it and touched the mirror to see if it was real. My fear rose when I found it was my reflection.

"Stella, what are you doing?" My body stiffened at the sound of the voice.

No, no! It could not be! It can not be her! She- she-

I turned around and saw her standing a few feet away from me, wearing that blue dress she was wearing when I saw her last time. The only difference, it was good as new instead of ripped in the edges and covered with dirt.

She came up where I was standing. I wanted to step back but she gripped my hands.

I couldn't be afraid of her even if I wanted to. It was Luna after all. I trusted her more than I trusted myself ever.

So when she pulled me I didn't stop her. I was still shocked by seeing her.

She is here! She is alive! But how?

I mean I still remember attending her funeral. "Stop," I told her.

She turned around. "Stella this is not the best time to stop."

Before she could pull me again, I stopped her. "Is it really you Luna?"

She gave me a confused look. "What are you talking about? We don't have time for it. He is looking for us."

"Who?" I asked.

Before she could answer, we saw a shadow in the corner. A man appeared out of nowhere.

I looked at his face. His eyes darkened when he spotted us. Luna screamed and ran away.

What?! This can not be happening. She never left me behind.

But that was not the time to think about it.

The look of his eyes, filled with something that eleven years old I couldn't understand.

"Where will you run now?" He said and took a step towards me.

I heard someone screaming. It took a moment to realize that someone was me.
Before I could turn around and run, he caught me. I screamed. This can't be happening!

"Stella, wake up!"

It's not his voice. But I could care less. I tried to free myself from the grip.

I screamed again.

"Stella please wake up!" Someone shook my body constantly.

And I sit up wide awake.