Chapter Nine: Distress & Fun

Chapter 08: Distress and Fun

"It's not fair only you guys can go there," Len whined when all of us gathered around the table.

"You're sounding as if it was our fault," Scott sat down beside me. I take a bite of my pizza.

Yeah pizza, the perk of the adults missing for the dinner. Laura said she would be late and Stefan hardly comes home before dinner.

So Len and Cloe somehow bribed the cook and convinced him to order pizza. It's not pizza, it's less of a dinner.

"I cannot go either Len," Rick said.

He glared at the nine years old. "No one's asking for your opinion. And what is with at British accent?" Rick's cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Stop humiliating him," Jenn scolded Len. It was great to see how protective she is over Rick. Only person she liked in the world maybe.

Len pouted and two slices of pizza were on his plate. "Nobody likes me."

I grinned. "It took you eighteen years to figure?"

He slumped back to his chair and shed his fake tears.

"Just one more year Scott," Scott murmured from beside me. "You have seen worse of him, you can do this."

"He can be worse than what we have been suffering for the past two days?" I asked him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "You have no idea."

I nodded my head, taking the warning seriously as it's coming from Mr. I-am-so-Serious aka my twin.

"Have to talk to them after coming here?" Scott asked after a while.

"Who?"

"You know the family that raised you?" Oh he was talking about them.

"Yes I have yesterday," I told him. I know I should've called long ago but mamma said she didn't mind.

"So you had a sister back there?" He asked. When I stared at him instead of answering.

"What?"

"You wanna talk? Specially purposeless talk?" He scowled.

And here I was surprised to see his interest. "Yeah, her name's Alexa, I mostly called her Alex." I thought about my days back there, mainly in the last few years. I'm not very fond of the memories before then.

This brings back my memories of old days. The time we spent together.

I saw a flash in front of my eyes. Then that girl again. The girl who used to worn the prettiest smile I've ever seen. The girl who exists no more.

I shook my head. That's all past now. I should not think of them anymore.

Thinking of them will do nothing but brought back soreness.

"You miss them a lot, your foster family, don't you?" He asked after a while. "I mean you should. Who wouldn't? It is not easy to let go of everything you had all your life."

I thought about the memories that I wanted to erase from my life. "You can not be that sure," I said quietly. "But yeah, it is not easy to let go." I smiled tightly. He nodded. "But thanks for asking. You are the very first one who asked about my feelings about the situation." He nodded again, but the smile in the corner of his face didn't go unnoticed by me.

****

Well the whole thing did not end up like Laura mentioned. Rick had a piano rehearsal in his school on Saturday because of some functions on Wednesday. Stefan had some work in Portland so he could not stay, so Laura had to stay. And Cloe was torn between going and staying, as Laura didn't trust any of us with her, which was ridiculous. Only Len and Jenn's weekend punishment went unchanged.