Chapter Thirty Seven: Come & Have

Chapter 37: Come and Have

Alison: Are you sure you have to go? It's not too late to ditch the plan and join us

I read the message and replied carefully,

Stella: Oh no, I really wish I could, but they haven't seen me almost two years now and they want to visit them this weekend

It's a half-lie, I mean the not-seeing part was true but I'm not visiting them. The great Valentine's day ball is tonight, and I have no intention of going there. It's just another crappy dance wrapped in red and white, and well, you can't call it exactly a ball, more like go with a cute date and take as many selfies and photos you can, then bust the social media with them.

I better stay at home with my movies and pizza. There was a forty percent discount on pizza this afternoon and you can guess the rest.

Phoebe: Choke on your plans, ur foster cousins are more important to you than us? Than the ball

You have no idea. They're my life.
Well not literally.

Stella: It's a bit too late to change the plan, maybe fall dance next year?

Since you're not allowed to prom unless you have a senior date, which means only Alison can go, well if they're relationship lasts that long. I still can't believe my brother's serious about her.

Alison: Are you leaving?

Stella: yeah in an hour.

"It's not nice to lie to your friends Lil sis." I glanced up and saw Len reading our group chat. I hide my phone almost immediately.

"It's not nice invading others privacy," I said.

He tilted his head, then moved away.

"You're my sister, Alison is my girlfriend and I know Phoebe since I was in the hospital so she's also like a sister to me. So it's only fair if I keep an eye out on the people I care about."

People I care about. Someone, please check his mental condition because it doesn't sound like the guy I met two and a half months ago, making out on the couch.

"You're making me sound like a complete jackass and I'm not," he said, fixing his tie.

"I didn't say it out loud."

"You don't have to, face says a lot."

"Wow since when you're so deep. Don't tell me since a certain girl came to your life and you fall for her." I said.

Len chuckled before ruffling my hair. I swatted his hand away.

"No since I realized how much of a jackass I was becoming ."

"So not the girl you fell in love?"

"No since a sister and old best friend made me realize before they started hitting shamelessly anytime anywhere." He stopped me before I could protest.

"And don't try to deny. I'm a lot less stupid than people like to think."

Was there a hidden meaning behind it.

Before I could ask, he looked at his watch and cursed.

"It's five-thirty already, I should leave, or else I'll be late." Whipped.

"Have a nice time!" I said.

"No, I have no idea," he said shamelessly.

I rolled my eyes and gawked. I unlocked my phone and it was swimming with curse words from my dear lovely friends.