Chapter Fifty Four: Apologies & Home

Chapter 54: Apologies and Finding Home

We went to my foster's apartment the next morning and stayed there for another three days. None of us had rushed in going back.

Before leaving Maveland, I visited Luna's cemetery one last time. Ryan was with me this time. I introduced her to him. I hoped she could see us.

Caleb was still missing, the police were giving up hopes. His parents were informed about it. They said they would be coming soon.

After three days, we were going back to Seattle.

Mamma and papa came to see us off. Alexa couldn't come because she had soccer practice with her team. They had a match after school opened.

"Okay, we have to go now or we'll be late for work," Mamma said after dropping us to the airport.

"Thanks for having us," Ryan told them. "And we're extremely sorry for all the troubles."

Papa grunted something under his breath but mamma grinned. "No problem my boy. You can visit us whenever you want."

I rolled my eyes. Ryan and his charms.

When they drove away we turned around and walked to the airport. "Is it anytime soon we'll tell your papa about us?" Ryan asked me.

I looked at him in disbelief. "If you love your life even the least," I told him, "You would pray he never finds out about us."

That's when I saw her. Teresa saw us at the same time and walked over to us.

"Hi Teresa," I said. I couldn't believe she approached me herself.

"I was waiting for you, I've gone to Marie's house, she told me you're leaving today."

"Yes we are," I said.

She looked at Ryan then at me. "I'm sorry Stella for everything. I've called you things I shouldn't have. But it's not about that. I know it was not just sightseeing."

"What're you saying?"

"Don't pretend you don't know. Jordan works for his father, Daniel. And they were after a file which had access to the chamber of the cesium fission."

I gasped. "But do you-"

"How do I know about it?" She completed it. I nodded my head.

She hesitated but then spoke, "My grandfather was one of the investors. He had a business emperor. When the fission business idea turned to a failure and was canceled, he continued his previous business. But let's just say he and my grandma failed to raise their children. My father and his brothers couldn't even keep the business together. So after a few losses of a good number of fortunes, they decided to sell the company and moved back to their homeland. They weren't better people after coming here. They wasted all their money lavishly. That's why no one remembered our family. But my ancestors were a part of the business too."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I didn't know about your parents till recently and also their connection with our family. Then I put two and two together. I think it's a part of my ancestor's fault what happened to Luna. Maybe it's all just Karma. I'm sorry I blamed you," she said. "And that's my I want to give you this."

She brought out a pendant. "It's made of those metals. My grandma gave me this. I wanted to give it to Luna. But she's not here anymore. So I want you to have this."

Ryan whistled beside me. The chain was made of gold, and the stone in the middle, I had no words to express, it was stunning.

"Wow, it's beautiful," I said.