Chapter Twenty Eight: Moon & Star

Chapter 28: Moon & Stars

Andrew Anderson, cousin of Ryan Anderson, who happens to be one of the boys who forced me into this mess, undoubtedly knew all the ways of entertaining his guests at the party. Or at least the young ones. All the preparation to keep his crowd satisfied was taken.

Only an inch or two shorter than Ryan, Andrew shares the same shade of hair and eyes of his cousin, as if it were them who were twins, minus the glasses. Once upon a time, they went to the same grade before Ryan fell to the accident and lost a year.

Earlier in the morning we flew to San Diego with my parents. Cloe and Monica were both fine, or at least physically. None of them seemed scared but in shock. Despite my will, I couldn't go back home with them. The kids need someone sensible with them. At least grandma Leslie was there. Even mom thinks I should go with Ryan and Caleb.

So after their plane left (which was the same private jet) Ryan's car arrived from his uncle's place. He actually not only owned that Mercedes back at home but this piece or Honda CRV 2018 too.

After we reached here, in his uncle's place, who was away in Canada with the rest of the other family, I got to know about this party his cousin Andrew threw who left behind here for finishing some important preparation for his final SAT. Even Caleb thought it wasn't wise of us to waste our time here, but then Ryan explained that our prey had a connection with some college boys here, so it was very likely that he would be joining this party.

And thus I end up here, squeezed between Ryan and the arm of the sofa.

Soon the party was in full swing and it was almost ten when I finally gave up on any hope I had.

"This isn't taking us anywhere Ryan," I told the grumpy next to me.

He ran a hand through his hair which I noticed him doing often. "He will be here."

"And how are you so sure?" I challenged him. "Did he call you?"

"I just know," he gritted his teeth.

"Oh yeah. And look! It's only ten and a half still no sign of him," I said. "How can you be so confident? I know it'll hurt your pride a little but let's be real. We're not sure if we can find him here."

"But I know. He texted Charlie."

"Who?"

Finally Ryan looked at me, directly in my eyes. "You see the guys by the window? Don't point out at them or look at them for too long."

I glanced and indeed, there was a group of boys smoking there. "The third boy from right," Ryan continued, "He's Charlie Young. He's Andrew's neighbor. Jordan, the guy we're looking for, texted him that he'll come."

"But," I said. "How do you of all people know? Is he your friend too?"

"You wish." Ryan scoffed. Then he asked, "Why do you think we keep Caleb with us? Other than getting into trouble?"

"I don't get you into trouble. Trouble follows where I go." Drunk Caleb shouted from the other sofa where he was playing cards with Andrew and his friends.

"Can you be like more louder? I don't think people from the Middle East heard you." Ryan hissed only to get a wink and a next time from our dear friend.

He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "So as I was saying, no matter how worse this guy's in everything, there's one thing he's good at."

"Theft? Hacking?" I added from my side.

"He prefers the term cracking down systems."

I gasped. "You mean he's like a black hatter or something?"