Chapter 4

I went to bed and woke up and saw that my story got 20 reads!!!!! Thank you!!

-2nd person-

It was now 3 pm, sitting at your office desk you were finalising a report for submission when you got a phone call from your white-haired partner.

"Yes Satoru, everything okay?" you said while answering.

"Hhh, yeah... Why wouldn't they be?... Um, I'm running. Like away from the park... " he said while panting.

"W-what, where are the kids?"

"They're still at the par- EXCUSE ME, COMING THROUGH. They're still at the park."

"You can't leave three 3-year-olds at a park alone!" you found yourself yelling into the phone.

"Yeah... That's why I called. Can you go supervise the kids? I won't be back till later, I think I saw an old friend of mine, I already sent you their location. Bye!" he exclaimed ending the call in your face.

He ditched the kids for an old friend, does he have no morals?!

You thought to yourself while grabbing a jacket and sprinting out into the elevator leading to the building's garage. Curse these slow elevators. You thought since you lived on one of the top floors. You finally made it to your floor and went straight to your car. Within a few moments, you were speeding out to get the kids.

Finally arriving you ran straight to the playground across some grassy lawns. You stopped and surveyed the playground of every child, yet your search was interrupted by an aggressive tap on the shoulder. You turned and spotted an angry-looking woman holding your three kids, all with pretty distraught expressions.

"Are these your kids?!" the woman said in an ugly manner.

"Y-yes thank you very much mam," you said in a collected tone gathering your kids.

"Hmph, I've never seen such misbehaved kids. They were raised terribly. And the man who accompanied them is a complete wacko. How shameful."

Your eye twitched at the sudden insult. You were about to return it passively when you were interpreted by quiet sobs.

"Mommy, she was yelling at us the whole time. We didn't even get to play." Yuji said while tugging on your pants, eyes drowned in tears.

"And he made fun of my Pikachu hat." the young girl said pointing at a boy behind the woman's legs.

You were fuming with anger. But if it weren't already enough, Megumi added the small anecdote of his time with her.

"She also tugged at my collar, and it hurt."

Something snapped in your brain, and you were ready to kick this woman across the province but it wasn't the right place or time. You reassured your kids, wiping their tears and caressing their faces to calm their sobs.

"Wait here for mommy okay" your voice pillowing their discomfort.

You walked over to the woman sedately, your impenetrable eyes and inscrutable countenance gave little way for the woman to breathe. You inched close to her face so that your next few words weren't heard by others.

"If you ever so much as lay a finger on my or any other parent's children, I will make it a personal obligation to drain your pockets with a lawsuit. Don't touch my kids." you asserted, keeping your voice at a level where only she could hear you. Wiping your hands with a sanitary cloth after touching the woman slightly you added one more comment...

"Who does this woman think she is, touching my kids? She's lucky I'm not pressing charges. Hmph, I feel bad for her child." you said while placing the children in their car seats.