Chapter 11

You were on your way home when you received a sudden phone call from your workplace number.
You made sure to stop the car so you could answer and have a proper talk, for they only really called you if it was an emergency or an upcoming meeting.

"Hello, this is Y/n speaking."

"Hello, miss L/nnn~~"

Only three words were spoken and you immediately recognised the person's voice.

"What is it Raiko, I'm driving," you stated, incoherently digging daggers into him across the phone with your stern voice.

"A warm hello would be nice you know."

"What could you want at this hour?"

"You sound old, it's only 8 pm."

"Well, I want to get home to the kids."

"Stop saying it like that."

"Huh? Like what?"

"Like you're married or something and you have kids, it pisses me off."

You sighed into the phone, this guy is so childish.

"Raiko just tell me why you called."

"...we're scheduling another meeting, Akane and Ren have found some new leads on the case. I'll send the files through, maybe you'll be able to find more. The meeting is in two days, the usual time."

"Okay, I'll follow up with everything when I get home. Did you need anything else?"

The line stayed silent for a few moments.

"Hello?"

"Yes, actually I do... I want you to have dinner with me."

Your eye twitched at his words. Was he actually serious? Surely not.

"What?"

"I said it loud enough didn't I? I want you to have dinner with me."

Sighing into the phone you quickly replied with a polite decline.

"Raiko, you are my boss, it's highly informal and I'm also with someone. Unless your intentions of course are to have it as colleagues then I'll maybe be open to that option. Otherwise no. Apologies."

On the other side of the phone, the man gripped his phone tightly and clenched his fist. The words 'im with someone' made him grit his teeth almost hard enough to shatter them.

"Who," he stated, anger lacing his voice.

"Who what?"

"Who are you seeing?"

"Do I really have to specify?"

"Yes, unless you don't want your office back," he announced spitefully.

"You're so difficult."

"Only for you~"

"Hhh, Gojo."

"WHAT!"

"Have nice evening sir."

"YOU'RE WITH HIM- I'm going to kill him."

"Mhm, goodnight."

You concluded, ending the phone call with a swift thrust of your finger.

You continued on your way and soon arrived home. Gojo already left the hotel in his car, he wanted to pick up some snacks on the way home.

...

"Mommy!!" the three fledglings all yelled in unison while running to you. Enveloping them in your arms you gave them kisses on the cheek before setting them down once more.