Chapter 15

You sat Itadori down in front of your desk, taking a seat right after him. He stayed quiet while you quickly pulled out some files and your laptop, fully preparing yourself for the conversation. Before commencing your small conference with the boy you heard a few small knocks at the door. Expecting it to be one of the kids you welcomed them in warmly, that is until a tall man with white hair opened the door.

He shyly peeked through, mumbling before he made up actual words to say. You sighed and ushered him in.

"Yes, Satoru?" stated like a true businesswoman.

His gaze alternated between you and Itadori, and without saying a word he walked over to a reading chair in the corner of your office by your large bookshelf and took a seat. Fiddling with a few of the books before picking up a random encyclopedia to look at. You sighed and returned your attention to Itadori, he too was confused but paid no more attention than needed.

"So I just want to ask you a few questions about things you possibly remembered randomly or dreamt about. I'm already aware that you were able to recall um... Junpei." You said, wording it carefully so you wouldn't hurt the boy's feelings.

"It's okay L/n, you can talk about him," he reassured with a bright smile. You nodded in return.

"You were also able to recollect an assignment you went on with Satoru, where you encountered a very special curse named Jogo? Was that his name?" You asked looking over to Gojo for an answer.

He looked up at you with an attitude and gave you an unimpressed 'mhm'. Licking his finger and turning the page exaggeratedly.

"You remember those, correct?"

"Yes, mam."

"Okay..." your voice trailed off slightly while you were typing.

"Now, do you remember the day you were assigned to the mission where we first met?"

"Yes, we had met you for the first time. We were unaware that we had to exorcise three first grades, so we all got scared. But you were completely in control so you all calmed us down, we had met for the first time and then when we all saw how beautif- uh calm you were."

"Tch." you heard the man say from the corner.

"You told us to go to different areas so we could fight them individually...which wasn't a problem. That is until... The first grades transformed into something."

You were eagerly listening to the boy's words, you had a small recording system that acted as a personal scribe instead of you writing every detail.

"Yes? What did they transform into?"

"W-well I think the one I was fighting turned... Human, now that I think about it, it was kind of a disguise. But I was shocked so I kind of froze, and then I can't remember what happened right after that." you and Gojo looked up at the boy.

"Itadori, do you know what they looked like?" you asked almost immediately.

"U-um, I only saw him for a second or two, but he was tall with long black hair, the only abnormal feature he had was a scar across his forehead, but that's all. Wait Gojo sensei, wasn't that the guy you went after when you took us to the park," he said turning to the man, he was dumbfounded. Gojo's eyes were wide with pure shock, his brows furrowed slightly, he was distressed in a way. Not enough for Itadori to tell but you could read him like a book.

He came back that day covered in wounds. That's what he meant when he said he ran into an old friend. Suguru...

"Yuji, you remember going to the park with Satoru?"