Chapter 6

It was 9 am, you had just dropped off the three balls of energy at Nanami's residence, he volunteered to take care of them for the day while you left for an important meeting.

You were dressed in long pants and a fancy blouse when you entered the lavish establishment, the front desk lined with the label X. Approaching the front desk, the receptionist welcomed you warmly.

"Hello Miss L/n, you're here regarding the meeting scheduled at 9:30?"

"Yes, I have come a little early to visit my office first."

"Oh right, uh."

The woman shifted nervously in her seat. Your intimidating aura was a bit much this early in the morning.

"I'm very sorry but it seems that Sir Raiko has cleared the space for a leisure room."

That idiot.

"I see... Is he in today, I would like to have a word with him please."

"O-oh yes, of course, he should be coming around noon, just after your meeting is scheduled to finish."

"Thank you." you left with a slight bow and went to get a coffee in the common room.

Checking your watch you saw it was 9:25, you left, coffee in hand and headed to your meeting. Upon entering you were met with a large table in a well sunlit room with many windows, some people were already seated, in which whom you recognised straight away as they were your colleagues.

"Ahh, Y/n! It's so good to see you!" you were met with a bubbly and cheerful red-headed man who was quite shorter than you.

"It's good to see you too," you warmly replied, bowing scantily.

"Oh stop with the whole formal thing, glad to see you are well." he cheered.

"Akane, please shut up, it's too early for your cheerful bullshit." A dark-haired man said while walking through the door. He didn't notice you until you slyly pointed out his potty mouth.

"Oh, hey Y/n."

"Greetings Kaito," you said with a straight face.

In your previous years of working with Force X, missions were a lot more prevalent, meaning you were admitted to missions quite frequently. Both Akane and Kaito accompanied you on every mission, you were a team and pretty good friends, though as task prevalence grew scarce you all slightly drifted apart.

"May we all be seated." a woman at the head of the table stated sternly, all attendees took a seat swiftly, allowing her to begin.

"As we all know, our relationship with the Jujutsu Sourcery School is of much importance. Faculty within the school have reached out with a pressing case, and a pretty cute one if I might say." The woman's attempt at comedic enlightenment failed miserably as everyone stayed completely silent.

"Ehm, continuing. On the 27th of September, I was ordered to assign Miss L/n on a mission to accompany three first year's on an authorised mission to exorcise three first grade curses, nothing interesting until we found out that these same first years are now toddlers." The woman stepped to the side with a thin metal pointer in hand, pointing at a projected screen. Exhibiting visual information.

"Yuji Itadori, also known as Sukuna's vessel, Megumi Fushiguro and Nobara Kugisaki are presently three years of age. We have a few sources factual information as to how they became mere kids, but it is common knowledge that it's to do with the curses."

"Wow, no way," Kaito remarked sarcastically while resting his bored face on his hand. In which Akane quickly hit him on his arm in return.

"Don't touch me."

"Then hush."

"Thank you, Kaito for your very much needed testimony, now back to what I was saying. We have taken samples from the scene, closely observing any abnormalities within the soil, grass and surrounding elements that may have come in contact with the curses. Only a few things have been found so far. Our research department has linked this occurrence to one that transpired around 82 years ago. The victims were all in their 20's, in which they were non-curse users, only ordinary humans. They too were transformed into toddlers, yet studies show that they passed away within 4 days of being children."

"As the scene was investigated, they found two amulets, ones that looked like these." She said pointing to the screen.

"The Creeds Genisis was ingrained on both relics, the words were accompanied by a Serpent lining the bottom. As the victims' bodies were observed, it was found that that same serpent was branded on their lower backs. When the three first years were examined, they had no signs of the serpent or the amulets linked to them directly. But what we found on nearby trees were these same Serpents. The lower trunks of five trees that faced each other were branded."

"So what are we getting at." One person asked.

"Well, it's obvious that there is a large correlation between these two occurrences. It's very much probable that these beings come from an aged line of curses. They may even be curse users." Kaito stated.

"Anyone else find it weird that only first grades were capable of doing this, unless of course they were curse users. These curses or curse users may have even cloaked their true grades when they were confronted," Akane added.

"What does that mean?" Another person called Miyuko asked.

"What I'm saying is that though first grades display prominent intelligence, there's only so much they can do. Special grades must have been accountable for this charade. It's possible that they used some form of deceiving spell to disguise their true grade so that it wouldn't cause much suspicion, leaving Y/n thinking that the kids can fight them without too much difficulty."

"Oh, so if others were informed that they were special grades, the high schoolers wouldn't have been assigned to the mission," Miyuko replied.

"Exactly," Akane said.

"But why those three? And why those 20-year-olds?Why was it them?" Another person named Ren asked.

The room was silent for a few seconds, but the headwoman quickly asked...

"Any thoughts Y/n?"

You looked up at her from your notes in slight amusement. This is getting fun.

"I may have a few..."

End of chapter
____________________________________

Word count: 1080

This is getting mysterioussssss. Hehhe

I feel like this book is ass but oh well. The next chapter is coming very soon. Hope you are enjoying it so far!!