Pain & Opinions

Waking only a few hours later after receiving Cross's...gift... Horror was horribly uncomfortable, and knew that it would be a literal nightmare to cook anything in what he was wearing. Speaking of which, this could actually be dangerous to cook in...depending on what he made at least... Of course he already knew that no one would care, well no one other than Dust but he was the minority clearly. It wasn't like anything they said would matter...
So he got up, shivering once the nice warm blankets left his near bare body. He walked up the creaky stairs that sang to him like a pond full of bullfrogs (Creative is hard...). Once he had reached the top of the dark staircase he opened the door and left to make breakfast...like he always did...
Clearing a few things that were in his way, Horror turned on the burner. He then put a pan down with a tiny bit of oil in it to fry something and started cooking.
That early morning came and went quickly for Horror, as he placed the last of the food on the table before starting to clean up the mess that was made from making it. He hummed to himself, but stopped once he was called out for doing so.
"Aw~ Why did you stop? I was enjoying it a little bit..."
The voice sounded familiar...well of course it would... But it was the most recent voice he had heard, so by default Horror groaned to see Cross, already knowing it was him before he even walked in. He had an already stupid yet scary look on his face, almost like he was telling Horror that they'd be alone for a little while...which was right, he was up around twenty minutes earlier than everyone else would be.
"Hey Cross..."
"What's with the tone? You should just be beaming while in my presence, and singing to me like you were yourself~"
Horror wanted to leave, he had to leave... But he couldn't, this was everyday...but it would be different, some how... He could just feel it...
"You want me to sing to you? Seems like an odd request from someone that already has-"
"Dream doesn't know that you're like this, that we all have had at least a piece of you..."
"... You're gonna be mad... But I'm going to say this anyways..."
Horror breathed a little before starting what he wanted to say.
"It's been to long for them not to notice the difference in all of your behaviors towards me... Would they care? Probably not for me in particular. But would they have their opinions on you?.. Well...that would be any one's guess, but I think you already know the answer..."
Cross frowned, not because he was sad, not because he was mad, not because of really any emotion... He only did it to joke and disrespect Horror's words, true in reality but not in this world the gang had painted and sculpted for themselves.
"So mean...wonder why that is?..and after everything we've done for you, how selfish you have become..."
"I think the only thing I have been is selfless for everything you all put me through."
Cross was no longer in the joking mood after that, slamming his hands down on the counter and pulling Horror forward using his top. Horror was scared, for one Cross was mad which was never ever a good thing, especially after Horror ran his mouth like he stupidly did. And two, his almost naked body was over a large pan full of sizzling oil. Horror could feel beads of sweat dripping down his face, as he slowly looked up at Cross.
"That is no way to speak to me!- You should know so much better since it's been apartally an oh so very long few years!"
Horror at this point couldn't take it anymore, normally he would be fine but after everything this morning and late last night, he just couldn't...
"Oh yes, and I'm the one in the wrong here for thinking that a few years is a long time to be stuck like this! I'm sorry for being a normal fucking person that realized that!"
Similar to Horror, Cross had had enough of the rebellious behavior. So hearing the others start to walk in, chatting and clearly aware of the commotion, Cross did something...and he did something bad...
...
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"
It hurt...It hurt so much... I didn't know what to do...time had almost stopped for a moment, no noise, no Cross...no anyone... Just me...
Horror continued to scream out in unimaginable pain as the others ran into the room. Cross only smiled...looking at what he had done to Horror...for talking back...for doing what he was doing... It made sense, right? Everyone heard him being bad- He wasn't the only one- HeWasn'tDoingAnythingWrong- nothing AT alllllllllll- This was right!- they'd get it!- Yeah! They understand!- They aaaaalways do!
       They'd Unders-tand-
    They'd Understand-   They'd Unders-tand-
                               They'd Understand-
      They'd Unders-tand-
                     They'd Unders-tand-
             THeY AlWays unDerSTanD!
"What the fuck did you do!?"
Dust screamed running over to the crying Horror on the ground, burns and hot oil littering his exposed body as he shook.
"Why are you barely wearing clothes!? Horror!"
Dust wanted to help Horror but had no clue how to do so, and the others were not much help. They weren't worried about Horror, and were only mad at Dust.
Nightmare growled, angry because him and his loves fun with Horror would clearly have to wait now due to this chaos. That along with the fact that Horror's once smooth ecto was covered in already blistering third and second degree burns.
Cross couldn't even recognize this frustration until he was slammed up against a wall by a tentacle.
"Why did you ever think that damaging our toy was a good idea?"
Nightmare growled, Cross now only being confused.
"He talked back!- Said things about Dream- He wasn't great full- You heard him!"
"No we didn't...and even if all of those things happened, you don't damage our toy..."
Cross got dropped onto the floor, scared and confused. His eyes darted around a few times before he just stopped...and sat there...
Nightmare knew that they couldn't leave him like that, so he told Killer to go bring him somewhere. Once the two of them were gone, Nightmare turned his attention to Dust and Horror.
"Can you fix...that?.."
Dust wanted to comfort Horror, and was barely listening to Nightmare but still heard him...
"I don't even want to touch him, his skin is burnt so bad and I don't even know how to get the rest of the oil off of him!"
"Well then how about you try and touch him, you know cause you have to do that to heal him."
Though that didn't sound like a direct order, Dust knew it was. So carefully he touched Horror's skin and froze. Slowly taking his now shaky hand off, Dust saw bits of skin stuck to his hand.
"...Can you still heal him?.."
"I..."
"You?.."
"...I can heal his pain...but not the injuries, not the scars this is gonna leave on him..."
"Damnit..."
"But, Ink could fix his body...but even then he-"
"Ink can fix his body?.."
"Yes but-"
"I... Wait..."
Dust was gonna speak again but could see Nightmare thinking of what he wanted his next move to be. While he was Dust gently grabbed ahold of Horror's hand, and used some magic to help the pain go away.
"That should help a-"
"No don't do anything yet, I'm still thinking"
"I'm not healing him! Just taking some of his pain away!-"
"I know what it is and I said stop"
Dust knew why Nightmare wanted him to stop, he wanted to relish in Horror's pain...and make him suffer longer... Dust didn't want that to happen, so he did something else that would meet the kings wants and needs. He took away Horror's pain, by inflicting it on himself.
Dust had to bite his lip to keep from screaming it hurt so bad. Horror knew that was what he was doing, and hated it yet loved it at the same time.
"I-I can take a little...please, D-Dust I'll be ok..."
"No I-"
"I can handle it..."
Dust didn't want to but had a feeling that if he didn't, Horror would break the connection and start to suffer again. So he did...and breathed once some pain was taken away... Horror's breath hitched as he grabbed Dust's hand tighter.
"T-Thank you..."
Dust said, Horror nodding. Nightmare groaned and rolled his eyes.
"We may not be able to risk it... But...fine... Fix Horror enough so Ink doesn't freak out to much... I'll tell you when he'll be here in an hour..."
"Ok..."
"Good, now carefully bring him to his room"
"How-"
"Figure it out"
Before Dust could ask again, everyone left including Nightmare. Dust sighed, and looked at Horror. Horror only smiling at him.
"I'm already broken into a thousand pieces, a few more wouldn't hurt."
"It's your skin...and your bones..."
"It's only a little... I won't hurt that bad, besides it's you...and you couldn't hurt me on purpose even if you tried..."
Dust carefully picked up Horror, as he began to finally heal the pained monster. It made him so happy to do so, as he walked over to the basement and began his decent down to Horror's room.