Reasoning

"What's the point of waiting?"
"Not getting caught, Dream...I know it's hard but we're doing the best thing we can by waiting..."
Dream who clearly disagreed with his partner huffed. Ink understood why, and didn't take it personally.
"You know this to..."
"...Doesn't mean I like it..."
"I know, but being mad at me and hunger striking doesn't solve anything..."
Ink brought the food part up because Dream hadn't eaten since breakfast of the previous day, and Ink was really beginning to worry...
"I'm fine Ink-"
"It's not just you we have to worry about, though neither of us eat very...eh...often or regularly, the baby in you might...and even if it doesn't it's growing and healing after what happened... You have to eat Dream, that's not something we're going to debate...so please..."
Looking away from Ink, Dream let out a long sigh.
"Can you...come with me?"
"Of course, let's go"
For Ink's more than willing attitude at the moment, Dream hesitated, not really reflecting his lovers want to go anywhere. Ink notice rather quickly and let out another small sigh.
"Dream-"
"I know, I know...I'm coming..."
Though it was slow, Dream did eventually get himself up and over to Ink. Ink wrapped an arm around his hip, leading him through the door. Neither of them said much as they went through the home, there wasn't very much to say... It was so quiet, and they hated it...
Getting into the kitchen they saw Dust and Horror. Horror was making something to eat, something that really did smell amazing.
"What ya making?.."
The couple looked at Dream and Ink, softening their much to happy expression to a much more appropriate somber ones.
"Oh nothing special, wanna come sit down?"
With a tiny nod, Dream got led over to the table and sat down. Horror had again basically made everything he could think of, unsure of what to make for both sad guardians and the pregnant Dream with may be specific cravings.
"We'll leave you two alone if you'd like"
"Oh thank you Ho-"
"No...Ink I want them to stay...I...I wanna ask them some things..."
Dust and Horror shot one another a slightly worried glance, then looked to Ink for some form of reassurance. Ink slowly nodded, so the two of them sat down. They watched Dream pick and eat some of his food.
"Why...Why do they want you back so bad..?"
It went silent, neither of them said anything...
"Do you not know?.. Do you not wanna tell me?.."
"...It's your brother, ok?-"
"That doesn't tell me why..."
"We don't-"
"Dust..."
Dust went quiet so Horror could speak
"...He...Nightmare wanted what was happening to me to continue because of how it benefit him."
"How did it ever-"
"The negativity I let off, the others, he used that as power...to control them there, and in other places... He was stronger when he fought you, and the rest of them were well...they still had some amount of sense left in them, but not very much... He doesn't need me, he wants me and Dust back...to try and fix this, get that control back- As flimsy as it was to begin with..."
"But he doesn't need you this bad...he doesn't... He's just to prideful to ever let you get away from him... He wants me to suffer... This is never just gonna be because of you...it just won't be..."
Dream was again shaking, he was keeping it together moderately well considering well everything... Horror let out a small sigh, and nodded lightly.
"I...I know... But if I can blame myself for it all, at least I can be able to apologize for it all..."
It went silent after that, no one knew what to say to the other in this instance...and that was ok... They enjoyed their meals, as much as they could, before returning to do what ever it was they were doing. Ink brought some of the food from breakfast back with him and Dream to their room, so Dream could snack on what he liked as he attempted to regain an appetite.
"Breakfast was good, Horror always makes good food, even though we tell him he doesn't have to...ehe-"
"Ink..."
Dream had a sad look, a semi serious one but mostly sad.
"Oh...Dreamy..."
"Don't...do that, I'm not a child...I'm just sad... I...I don't be that rude to people... I don't act like that- Even now-"
"Dream if you ever have an excuse to act 'like that' it's now, don't be ashamed of it-"
"I can't help it, it's how I am, it's how he knows I am..."
Still shaking, Dream walks himself over to the bed and sits back down. Ink sighed, walking over to him with some hot chocolate.
"Here, I know you like this"
"...Thanks..."
He took and took a few sips, still not appearing to be his normal glowing self. Ink wasn't expecting a sweet drink to help to much, so he started to talk to him again.
"Nightmare...he's just like this... It doesn't make anyone happy...and that's what he wants...he wants this out of you, and me... There is no for us to feel better about this, none at all... But being mad about being sad and everything else like that, doesn't make it better..."
"Nothing will...nothing can, I want our kids back...I want them here...now... And to think he'd do this for those reasons...for the ones I thought..."
Ink...Ink couldn't help but think the worst to...his kids being tortured by Nightmare because he wanted his power battery back? Didn't want to loose? Any reasoning wouldn't make sense, and he knew that... Dream probably did to, he just didn't want to admit that he couldn't rationalize what has happening...that he couldn't understand what is brother was now...
"Just eat and rest...We...We won't have to wait much longer to get our kids back...trust me..."
"But-"
"I mean it...I...I want to say we'll have a prefect opportunity to get them, that Nightmare will leave with his pets...but that won't happen...we'll get them back...and we won't wait any longer to do so..."