Cry For Help

After getting Horror in his bed, Dust started to heal him. Bits of ecto skin and bone were stuck to the sheets, it now being easy to see him falling apart, like he had been for years. Dust felt horrible that this happened, to Horror...who had been doing everything and anything for everyone up until...
"I can't even find the words to tell you-"
"How sorry you are?.."
Horror chuckled, grabbing a hold of Dust's arm before leaning his head on it and sighing.
"You did nothing wrong... Cross is right I was running my mouth, and it got me in trouble-"
"No!-"
"No?.. No what?.."
"... You shouldn't get in trouble for speaking your mind, you deserve to have an opinion...especially with...everything..."
"Everything?.. Defining everything is a lot right now...and even if I could I still wouldn't have a voice... Something that would matter..."
"But you-"
"Dust..."
Horror move one of his hands up to Dust's face, and smiled.
"You've always been nothing but good to me through out all the years of torcher and abuse... I couldn't thank you more for being so... But I can't do what I want like you can, I maybe never will be able to again either..."
"Horror..."
"You can do everything for me...but then the only thing I would feel is bad if you took my place... Don't do so much that, that happens..."
Horror rested his head on Dust's and had to stop himself from crying.
"If not for you then for me..."
Horror was expecting a response, but what he got probably said everything he would ever need to know. Lips gently pressed on his, and in the moment Horror loved it... He didn't want it to stop, yet he knew it had to. With tears that could no longer be held in starting to spill from his eyes, Horror shakly pulled away from Dust, small whines and hicks coming from him the second he did.
"W-We can't- D-Dust we can't do this..."
"Oh I-I'm-"
"Don't...let me finish first..."
Dust wanted to say something, but kept himself from doing so and nodded. Horror mouthed the words thank you, before tightly gripping Dust's hand in his own more.
"I never said I didn't want to...but we can't... If the others ever found out that we got close...then they'd use you as leverage and make me do more than I already am... I don't want you to get hurt if I do something wrong... I-If this happens..."
Horror felt himself starting to cry again, so Dust wiped his tears away.
"Sshhh, sshhhh, I know we can't...I know...and it's ok... When we get out of here, you can make your own choices...about you...and about this..."
"Dust it'd-"
"I know...when we've tried before, and when you have... It's failed...horribly... But Ink's coming over."
"And Nightmare will be down here when he is"
"I know... So subtly...hint that you need help..."
Horror was nervous, and really thought that this plan was not going to work...yet... He somehow made himself think of an idea.
"This will get me in trouble later... But in the long run it'll be better."
"What are you going to do?.."
"I'll say that I want to be alone when Ink'a helping me for...reasons..."
"But-"
"Yes that means you can't be here either... But I'll be ok...I can do this... Trust me..."
"...Fine... But what happens after you-"
"Nightmare will be mad, and probably tomorrow he'll...punish me...if I'm'ok..."
"What!? No he can't-"
"Don't try and stop him..."
Horror breathed and let go of Dust's hand
"It'll be worse for the both of us if you do"
"Fine..."
"Good..."
*Knock- Knock*
The sound of someone's hand striking at the door twice echoed through the small room that was Horror's bedroom. The room went quiet as the door opened, Nightmare being the one to do so.
"Hey boss-"
"Is he healed sufficiently?"
"Yes..."
"Good, Ink will be here in ten- Get those clothes off of him before he does."
"But what-"
"He will Ni- Boss..."
Horror quickly corrected himself, not wanting to push his luck more than he already had that day.
"Ok...now I'll be back when Ink gets here, you better be stripped when he arrives."
"Yes sir..."
Turning away, Nightmare left, slamming the door behind him. Dust and Horror looked at each other once he had.
"I can go now if-"
"I need your help...and even if I didn't I wouldn't mind, you wouldn't be trying to be a creep..."
"Yeah I wouldn't..."
"Ok, good, now can you help me?"
"Of course"
"Ok..."
Horror slowly sat up, leaning forward with a small grunt.
"Unclip it please"
"Ok"
Dust shakly brought his hands to Horror's back, unclipping what he told him to gently.
"Ok there, now pull it off..."
"What if I-"
"You won't hurt me if that's what you were about to ask..."
Dust was still rather paranoid and scared about hurting Horror, so using one hand he held Horror's and started to heal him again so he wouldn't feel any pain.
"Dust you don't have to"
"I want to..."
"But you've already-"
"Used to much magic?"
"Yes..."
"I can use a little more..."
Dust again leaned his head on Horror's as he pulled off his top, with both him and Horror hearing the thing pealing away off of his skin. It only took a small while for it to come off. Horror huffed, breathing slowly.
"I'm ok..."
"Ok...do you want to do your bottoms yourself-"
"I already did..."
"Oh good"
Horror sighed, leaning on Dust like he was him.
"I'll be ok...some day..."
"I know you will..."
The both of them just stayed like that until they heard the door open again, the two quickly separated from one another before Ink and Nightmare got downstairs.
"Oh Horror...that looks bad..."
Ink said with a mix of worriedness and concern.
"I'm ok, Dust healed me...so I feel better...ish..."
"That's great!- But I'd still like to help you, the accident sounded real bad..."
"The accident?.."
Dust said in a kind of questioning manner, Ink going on to explain the story he was told.
"Yeah I heard some oil splashed out of a pan..."
Horror could hear the odd skepticism in Ink's voice, that Dust and Nightmare seemed to fail to notice. So he played it off like he didn't know either.
"Yep!- It was a real nasty one..."
"I thought so, but I can help"
Ink went over to Horror and sat next to him to see his female ecto summoned.
"Oh! That's the ecto you summoned..."
"Yeah..."
"Mhm..."
Ink's eyes traveled around until he saw something but ignored it for the time being.
"Anyways, do you want to be alone when we do this?"
"No he'll be-"
"Actually...yes..."
Nightmare hearing himself get cut off was bad, but hearing Horror's words made it even worse.
"Yes I would..."
Nightmare felt his body tense, a mix of anger residing inside him. Horror's bones chilled, a fear inside him that he never thought he wouldn't have to feel for a while.
"Ok! We can do that, Nightmare Dust you mind?"
Dust and Nightmare looked at each other, Nightmare resisting the urge to blow up and instead nodding.
"Yep..."
After that him and Dust left, Ink waiting to hear the door close before looking back at Horror. He took out a brush, and then looked back up at Horror.
"May I?"
"Yes..."
"Ok"
Carefully Ink started to repaint Horror's skin, Horror whining a little due to a slight burning sensation.
"Sorry if it stings, it'll do that depending on the injury."
"I'm alright..."
"Good..."
Continuing with what he was doing, Ink didn't say anything for a moment, leaving the room quiet. Until he started to ask a few questions.
"Horror, you don't mind me asking some questions do you?"
"Oh um no that's alright"
"Ok... So why is your ecto summoned? Or more why was it summoned when you were cooking? I know you know better than to do something like that, at least I think you do."
"Oh my Uh magic has been flaring up lately, don't know why if I'm being honest, just know it's happening..."
"I see..."
Ink went quiet for a moment Horror thinking that he was done asking questions but being proven wrong quickly.
"What clothes were you wearing?"
"Just normal clothes..."
"Ok..."
Horror was starting to get a little nervous, though he still refused to say anything unless we asked to.
"I jus want to ask you one more thing"
"Ok, go ahead"
"Why are you lying to me?"
"What!?- I'm not lying I would never..."
"Ok sure, say you aren't, then please explain the skin covered lingerie set on your floor?"
Horror froze, looking over at the black huddle of a few clothes on the ground.
"Now I wouldn't say that, you do lie, everyone does. But why about this? Your hurt bad...and everything I was told before just seemed out of character for you."
"Like?.."
"The fact that you weren't being carful enough to not spill burning hot oil is almost astonishing."
"It was an accident..."
"Not like this...not with you..."
Horror wanted to argue, but didn't...it would only make Ink be more suspicious. So he stayed quiet as Ink finished up what he was doing. The burns looked less severe, but were still visibly there. Ink noticed Horror staring and sighed.
"I can't do anything else, your body has already had to much magic going through it to be safe. You'd need to be at a higher level, and you aren't... We'll let your body rest, and I'll come back around the same time tomorrow, ok?"
"Ok..."
After getting an answer Ink stood up, putting his brush away as he did so.
"Oh and Horror"
"Hm?"
"If something is going on you can tell me. I know our relationship in the past might've not been the best for...reasons...but I'm meant to protect the creators creations, so that means you to... So even if our past make you have a bad opinion of me, know that I would help you if you ever need it..."
This was the perfect opportunity, just what Horror needed. He was going to be honest...he was, until the door opened again. Horror felt his soul drop to the pit of his stomach, watching Dust and Nightmare come in the room.
"Oh um...so I'll be back tomorrow, ok Horror?"
"Ok-"
"You'll what?"
Nightmare snarled over Horror, prompting Ink to tell him he would have to come back tomorrow, and why.
"That makes no sense, monsters-"
"Then think of it this way, humans need water to live, but if they drink to much it can be bad and even kill them. It's the same thing here, to much magic for a lower level monster...no offense Horror."
"It's o-"
"Continue."
Again Nightmare cut Horror off, Ink already starting to notice an alarming pattern starting to form. Though he really, really wanted to say something about it...he had a bad feeling that if he did then something bad would happen...so he kept quiet. But not before taking a pencil out and starting to write something down in his scarf.
"Lower level monster can't take more magic than their soul can process, or more than the limit them selfs can use. Understand?"
"Yes...I guess I do... But what are you writing in your scarf?"
Ink saw Nightmare trying to look at what he was writing or what was already written, so he turned away a little bit as he finished up writing.
"Oh you know, this and that, and when I have to be here tomorrow. Nothing new really"
"Then why did you try and hide it?"
"Well I have more things than just that, like the time I have to pick up PJ and Gray from school."
"You mean those abomination that spawned after a stupid fight with the destroyer."
"They aren't-"
"Sorry, I meant to say accidents~"
Ink started to get mad, and he started to get real made real quick. He grabbed ahold of the front of Nightmare's shirt and pulled him forward. Dust and Horror heard Ink whisper something to Nightmare, resulting in an exasperated groan from the king.
"Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut about those...things..."
"Thank you"
Ink growled, making Nightmare chuckle. Ink thought he was about to explode, and yet he kept himself from doing so.
"I'll see ya later..."
"See you then creator~"
Ink turned to leave, walking up the stairs and opening the door when he stopped. He felt a strong and random compulsion to turn around, so he did. Once he had he was met with the sad, pleading face of Horror. It was almost scary how scared the poor thing looked. Ink kept his mouth shut, only watching the others lips mouth words with out making a sound...words that he'd have to go and tell Dream about...words he would have to remember to do so. So taking out his pencil one last, Ink wrote what he had to before leaving.
Horror was terrified and sad to see his only help do the one thing that would leave him alone with these monsters, the simple action of walking out and closing the door...the small click the ceil on his horrible fate.
But what he didn't know is what Ink had wrote down, being more interest in what he wrote down just before leaving him...alone...
Don't for get his words