Darkness

I...I try not to think about Nightmare...he...he was a lot...of everything... He liked to call me his toy, and tended to get mad when anyone broke it...to bad... Like when Cross burned me, those scars and injuries couldn't just be healed away by any of them...so then, in Nightmare's eyes, he saw me for what I was...broken... A faulty product that had just been degrading over time and finally broke... He had someone fix me of course, but that got me taken away from him, his toy...away... Though...I don't believe that I was his first...toy that is...
I remember when it all started he did what most of the others did, this was when he was trying to find what act or punishment would cause me the most pain and or the most negative feelings... He'd hurt me, heal me, the hurt me again...that was normal for everyone...but what happened after was...I don't know if I can describe what I felt, how it was to see what I did...that first day, and then all the others after it... Then when he was ready, Nightmare told me it was my turn... But before Nightmare ever even got close to me...it was him...
The first time, after I was beaten was odd... It seemed like a normal day but it wasn't, and Horror knew that... Once his beaten and fragile body was healed for the last time that day, Horror panted and collapsed onto the floor just to be pulled back up by Nightmare's tentacles.
"Now, now, I know this is our normal routine, but today is a new day so we're changing it up and you're coming with me~"
Horror didn't have the energy to fight back anymore, so he just slumped over in Nightmare's grasp as he was taken through the castle to his room... Horror had never been in the boss's room, no one had other than his partner, Killer, that is... But that was different, they loved each other and there for slept in the same room...and in the same bed...and did other things that Horror stopped himself from thinking about. The door in front of them opened with a swift push, and closed the same way once they were both inside with a click. Then Horror was placed in a chair, his hands bound to it so he couldn't move.
"Now, let's see how you react to this show~ I've always found it entertaining~"
Horror didn't know what show Nightmare was talking about, and was confused when he called out to Killer... Killer came over to the room rather slowly and when he entered... He was shaking, similar to how I did when Nightmare did to me what he was about to do to him... It was weird because to my knowledge they really did love each other...as much as they could, which made their relationship work...at least that's what I thought... I watched exhaustedly as Nightmare went over to Killer and cupped his cheek.
"Hello again love... You know what to do~"
"N-Nig- Um Love...I'm not in the mood right now..."
"You will be for me, and for our guest~"
Nightmare gestured over at me, Killer glancing over at me for maybe a second, just for Nightmare to pull his face back to meet his gaze.
"You know how I don't like to disappoint~ So come on~"
Killer still appeared uncomfortable, but honestly I didn't care, if anything he was worse than Nightmare so I couldn't pity him anymore...at least I didn't think so... That was until I saw Nightmare start to rip clothes off of Killer's quivering body.
"Nightmare?... What are you doing to Killer?.."
"Don't worry about it, I'm just preparing for our performance~"
"Nightmare don't make me do this..."
I barely heard Killer beg, just as the rest of his clothes were removed. He clearly was not interested in what was about to happen, but that didn't stop Nightmare, his apparent lover... Killer got picked up and tossed onto the bed, his bones still bare...
"Summon something would you?"
"..."
"Now."
After a few more seconds of him just doing nothing, Killer forced his ecto to summon.
"You're wet~ Must enjoy this some how, being controlled, seeing our toy forced to watch~ You love it, the humiliation of it all...though I know you'd never admit it~"
"Are you making me stay-... I don't want to-"
"And I had just heard my own love say that, now look at him, all hot, soaked, and bothered~ Why would I get rid of you?.. You feed me, in more ways than just negativity~"
I didn't argue after that...I couldn't...I could just watch now as Nightmare forced him self on Killer... The screams Killer let out that day were so similar to the ones he would soon make me below out... It didn't take long for that to happen... Killer was to far gone after a few more of these incidents...though I knew that before I was the spectator, I was the naive...that didn't see it... I want to say they love each other but...I can't be sure... They've put on shows, but nothing that believable ever came out of Killer...
When Nightmare began to rape me...touch me...like he did Killer and then Killer did me... He wouldn't end my torture then... His gifts...his powers...made it so I would see things...I wouldn't rest even when I slept... I hated the nights he did that, and loved the ones that he forgot...
But I think that one of the worst thing he did was torture my soul...more than he did without having touched it... It was what he'd use to do to Killer to keep his lack of emotions in check... I thought that he could only do that to Killer...but no...he could to the others, it was just simple with Killer... And though yes I was like the others in this way and it would not be simple with me, I knew Nightmare would take the time...the energy...to hurt me...like he was about to...
Horror was in his room, alone, when he heard the loud door creak open, and saw a shadow start to descend the stairs. The shadow soon took the form of Nightmare, who of course scared Horror with out even having done anything... The Darkness king finished his walk down the stairs, and went over to Horror.
"I need a boost Horror, and you are my favorite toy to play with. You know that?"
"Of course sir- I mean yes- Which ever-"
"A singular, simple yes would've been fine Horror..."
"Ok- I mean yes sir..."
Nightmare grumbled, though yes Horror was getting better with how he was addressing his superiors it still annoyed Nightmare a lot...
"Anyways~ I need you to- Why are you taking off your clothes? . ."
Horror stopped removing articles of clothing after hearing Nightmare's angry and bitter tone...
"I thought you-"
"I don't want you to think! I want you to listen!- So tell me Horror!?"
Swiftly a tentacle wrapped around Horror's body and lifted him off the ground. Horror shook but was to scared to speak.
"Did I give you a command! Did I tell you to remove your clothes!?"
"N-No so sir- I'm sor- AH!"
Horror's soul was pulled from his body by a tentacle and hoisted out in front of him.
"Now that you disobeyed me, I won't even bother with a warm up and instead get right to the fun~"
"Please s-sir I'm sorry!- AH!- S-SO SORRY!"
Horror shrieked and cried out in horrible pain as a tentacle was forcibly shoved into his soul, feeding it negativity that Horror knew it could not handle... He thrashed and screamed, begged for Nightmare to stop but he didn't until he felt Horror take as much as he could and dropped him. Horror landed on his knee's hard and gasped for air that he couldn't feel enter his none existent lungs, tears of sorrow and negativity flooding out of him in black goopy tears.
"I hope you learned you're lesson, because next time I will not be so kind... And another thing that I mine as well mention it now~..."
Horror forced his eyes to look up at Nightmare, him smiling maliciously.
"Lets just sat that we're lucky that I won't have to deal with anymore mistakes that could grow in you~ My negativity tends to be that potent after all~"
Before Horror could process what that meant, a tentacle thrashed and whipped him on the back, sending him down onto the floor on his elbows and knees. Horror only kept crying as Nightmare left, closing the door and leaving Horror in the dark... I balled up and kept crying...I was in so much pain that I couldn't move...so I stayed there that night... Stuck with this negativity that was not mine... But that pain and that sadness would never match the kind I felt when I was finally able to understand those words... ...
...At the time it didn't hit me what that meant...but now...now when I think about it I feel like I get hit by a bus, or fall from a place that's just a little to high and yet still to shallow...enough to kill me...slowly... To lay there in my sadness...my regret...about what could've been but is no longer... Just to succumb to the sorrow of it all...
"...Was I ranting?.."
Horror asked calmly, still feeling warm tears drip from his puffy cheeks...
"No...Horror... You weren't..."
Ink didn't know what to say...there was a lot there...and he didn't want to get into- Didn't want to think about it...he didn't want to think about his kids being there, in that position of near unimaginable torment...
Dust said nothing, and only held his little bean close, rocking him back and forth to help calm him down.
"I...I don't want to think about it...and I don't want to ask... But...would he- they...do that to my kids...my babies?.."
"I-I don't-"
"Would their horrible father, or whatever he is just stand there as this happened?.. And then hurt them when-"
"Ink stop thinking about it, you won't be able to help them if you're acting like you are now..."
Ink wanted to argue but didn't, only sighing...
"My babies... They're so young...I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they ever went through any of that... Or...never mind..."
"No, what is it? It's better to get it out..."
"...I-I...I want them to have the choice... To have a family when they get older..."
Of course hearing those words stung a little...but the words, the fear...it was all justified...Horror knew that... So when Ink started to cry, Horror didn't tell him to stop...he told him that it'd be ok...
"They will...I know you'll make sure of that... Because you love them..."
"T-That won't be enough..."
"It can be..."
Horror looked down at the arms around his waist, then up at Dust.
"It was for me"
"...Are you sure... I mean...can I really keep them safe... When I could barely protect myself..."
"You mean back at the castle, Ink none of us knew Nightmare was there you aren't to blame."
"Even if I'm not...I should've known...if I couldn't protect you in a basement then how could I protect my kids here..."
"Because you know your kids, this house...and now you know at least some what who and what you're dealing with... It should help...and I know you're gonna say you knew how they fought before...and how they still did with you... But since you know now...they have nothing left to hide."
"Could that be bad?.."
"Maybe later...but... We shouldn't worry about it now."
Horror gently took Ink's hand in his own and smiled.
"If I were you...I wouldn't let it show that you're worried, if your kids were older then maybe not...but now you shouldn't... So don't tell them...unless you don't want to take my advice, I don't know much about kids... Which is-"
"No...you're right... For now I won't tell them... But I do want to check up on them, at least peak in see if their fine then try and handle Dream..."
"Alright..."
Letting go of Horror's hand, Ink stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes.
"Ok...how do I look?"
"Like you weren't crying"
"Good...well thank you for this...all of this..."
"Of course..."
Horror waved bye and watched as Ink left.
"Better than Dream was..."
"He has to be strong, it's different..."
"Ya...and with that being said..."
Dust settled his head on Horror's shoulder so the two of them could look at each other.
"You don't have to be strong anymore, you endured enough you can let it out..."
"Dust...I'm ok, I don't have to... It's different for me then it is for them, me and you have always known about the others... They had no clue..."
"Is that worse?.."
"For them...it is..."
Horror sat up a small bit, looking at Dust and cupping his cheek.
"I know you think that what happened is a lot...and that how they are reacting how you I think I should... But I'm not just learning all of this...and for them it's all just worse...because to them they failed...they're protectors...so they thought they failed..."
"Ya they're protectors, and they think they failed... So...what are you...that makes you feel ok?.."
"It's not what I am Dust that makes me feel different..."
"Ok...then what is it?.."
"It's how they made me feel..."
"...Like?.."
Horror stopped for a second, and thought about the word that could describe what those things put him through...and he could only think of one that could get the point across like he wanted...
"Nothing..."