Care

Ink sat near the small child that still had no name, sitting near the bed wher the child slept and rubbing his temple lovingly, with Horror just watching...still feeling rather indifferent about evrything he saw, and was still seeing. By now Gradient and PJ were back up and awake again, even with PJ acting much different then he had been those many days prior...before everything that had happened... Currently they were both peaking in on there father, and the boy that had just been put to sleep for a second time after waking up shortly after arrving at the Stars home. As they were peaking in though, Dream caught them as he was walking back to the room.
"Guys, what are you doing?"
"Oh um- Nothing!-"
"Shh, shhh don't yell, just come here"
The two kids went over to Dream, getting scooped up and slowly brought in the room they had been snooping upon as Dream spoke.
"I know you're both curious, and still a little spooked after what happened... But you shouldn't snoop. Just tell me next time, I'll let you see him, and your father...ok?"
"Ok Daddy"
"You feeling ok Jam?"
PJ still didn't say anything...he really hadn't since Dream and Ink got back from their trip, but he still nodded just as Dream rounded the corner with the  him and Gray. Ink looked up, seeing Dream and his two very obviously intrigued children.
"Were you two being curious?"
Both kids nodded, still looking at the child laying in bed. Ink chuckled a little, standing up and going over to Dream.
"May I?"
"Please"
With a smile, Ink gently took PJ from Dream, letting the clearly still scared and paranoid PJ snuggle up into him near instantly.
"There...that's better..."
"If you two wanna talk, I can stay here and watch the kid..."
Horror offered, the other two quick to turn the idea down.
"No Horror it's ok we-"
"I insist, if you wanna talk go ahead"
Though they were more then reluctant to do so, the couple agreed to let Horror watch over the child as they left with the kids to chat.
When they left Horror looked over at the sleeping child, standing up shortly afterwards to go sit next to him. A few moments later though and Horror noticed that the child woke up, but before he freaked out Horror spoke.
"It's ok you know, they aren't like um... Nightmare..."
The kid stared at Horror for a second, seeming to calm down after hearing his voice for some reason. After the kid looked away and appeared to think for a moment, then began to mumble.
"I can tell you thought about it...but I'm glad you didn't call him my father..."
"I didn't take him for the type..."
"..."
"You can talk to me if you want, I'll listen"
Though clearly reluctant, the kid slowly looked over at Horror and began lightly speaking.
"I recognize your voice... And I'm almost sorry that I do..."
"Don't be kid, it's ok, I'm just worried about you..."
"I'm ok now...I think... Am I ok?"
"You're ok here, and besides Nightmare isn't coming back for a while so it'll be fine."
"Ok..."
"Don't sound convinced"
"It's not that..."
Sitting up, the child again glanced away from Horror.
"I'm still scared...yes... But now I'm confused...very...confused..."
"You've only known that place I'm guessing... So it makes sense that'd this'll be a lot, but it'll be fine you don't have to worry..."
"I'm not worried, just confused..."
"And that's ok to...the two outside will help, they helped me, you can ask what you want-"
"They'll just make me go to sleep again... I don't want to do that..."
"Ok, I won't let them again... You seemed cozy though, when Ink held you... If you want I can-"
"P-Please..."
Horror could hear the nerves in the child's voice, which only made Horror more eager to comfort him. Climbing onto the bed next the still nervous child, Horror let him scoot close and climb on him before clinging to him similarly like he had to Ink. Horror didn't mind, in fact he enjoyed being able to hold a child like he was now...like he's thought about many times before... Snapping out of it, Horror rubbed the small kids back to help him settle. Horror did this to try and calm the small skeleton down, him still shaking but seeming to calm down.
Just as this was happening, Ink and Dream walked in without the other children, appearing rather nervous once they saw the other kid awake and on Horror.
"U-Um Horror? Do you need us-"
"No, he said he didn't wanna go to sleep again... I said I'd let him stay up..."
"He spoke?"
Dream curiously questioned, Horror nodding as he looked down at the kid and asked him a rather simple question, to see if he'd speak in front of Dream and Ink.
"Hey bud, do you wanna tell us your name?"
The child peaked out of Horror's embrace, staying silent for a few moments and seeming like they were going to stay quiet. Assuming this to be the case, Dream began to speak again.
"It's ok, we don-"
"He normally called be bastard... But I know better then to think that's a name..."
Dream went silent, surprised to hear the nameless kid speak and now also feeling worse for him...for having to suffer to Nightmare... Ink wasn't stunned to silence, though he definitely felt bad for the kid, he still found his words.
"I know that's what he normally called you, but was there ever a time he called you something else?"
"No...not really..."
"I'm sorry then..."
The kid didn't say anything after that, just snuggling in closer to Horror. Even though he was now more hesitant to go closer to the anxious child, Ink still got somewhat close and sat on the foot of the bed, trying to speak as gently as he could.
"How about we start by giving you a name, if you want us to..."
"Ok..."
"Ok...Ok, um..."
Ink paused for a moment, looking at the kid to try and think of what to call him.
"Um er- Maybe Lunar, or something that has to do with-"
"It feels like you're trying to name the kids again!- And you're doing it just as poorly as you had before."
"Like you have any ideas?-"
"I do actually, Uh Colton is a cute name, and makes more sense then yours."
"Says you, and I have plenty of other names if you don't like that one."
"Please do tell them then"
As the couple began 'fighting', Horror just lightly snickered and looked down at the kid, thinking for a moment what he'd name them... Coming up with something rather quickly after seeing the mark he had on his forehead.
"Since you don't seem to be gleaming with happiness about those other names, how about Crescent? To match that maerk on your head."
"...I like that..."
"Alright buddy, then we'll call you that. And tell them after they stop spatting."
Finding that at least a little funny, Crescent snickered, snuggling in closer to Horror and feeling safe for the first time in his rather short life.
Only a few hours later though it was night so Ink and Dream put the kids to bed, including Cres, who was at least for now sleeping in Dream's old room. Horror wasn't sure if he should've left Crescent alone, but he seemed ok so he hesitantly went off to his room. When he entered, Dust was already settled in bed, but he was still able to see that there was something off with Horror.
"Hey? What's wrong? Kid say something-"
"No, no it's nothing like that... Just feel bad for leaving him alone..."
"Ink and Dream will handle him if something happens, it's ok."
"He seemed comfortable with me though... He said he heard me..."
"Oh..."
"Yeah..."
"...Just try not to worry, you know he'll be fine..."
"I know...I do..."
"Good, now come over here and get comfy"
With a a big grin on his face, Horror skipped over to Dust and jumped on the bed next to him. Seconds afterwards, he got pulled into Dust's arms and under the covers.
"Good night, and please try your best to get a good nights sleep for once..."
"I will Dusty, and good night"
After getting a little peck on the head for a good night kiss, Horror settled the best he could before dozing off.
Not long after, both Horror and Dust awoke to the sound of the door opening. Grumbling, Dust sat up.
"Mm, who's there- Oh...um Horror"
"What?-"
"I think it's for you..."
"What do you- Oh...yeah I guess so..."
Standing in the doorway were two small silhouettes, one with pink eyes that was clearly PJ and the other with lightly glowing spots of teal covering their body, that being Cres. Before either Dust or Horror had a chance to speak, PJ started talking.
"He came to my room and asked where you were...I hope you don't mind..."
"No buddy it's ok, what does-"
"Can I come and sleep with you two?"
Crescent reluctantly asked, seeming very shy but a bit less anxious then before. Leaning closer to Dust, Horror whispered to him.
"You don't mind right?"
"Of course not Horror, if he wants to it's ok"
"Alright, yeah of course you can kid"
With an adorable smile, Crescent ran up and went over to Horror, getting lifted and put into bed to snuggle near both Horror and Dust. Horror loved having Crescent so close, it was something he liked- no loved...and already was begnning to resemble everything he thought about, wished he had... While fantisizing though, he noticed PJ turn around and start to leave, but before he was able to leave Horror called out to him.
"Um PJ? Are you ok to? I know everything that happened was a lot... I can bring you to your parents room, talk to-"
"No...I'm ok...I'm fine..."
"PJ-"
"Good night..."
Horror didn't push anymore after PJ's coldly spoken remarks, just watching him walk away off to bed frigidly, and only feeling a sinking feeling of guilt and dismay as he did so...
________________________________________
Quick little thing that I'll put here for people that check this out but don't read oneshots, there is a little rafel? Contest thing? Idk, but it's for reaching 100 followers so if you wanna enter go comment your idea for a story under that and I might use it for next book once I finish this one. ^^ (I'd do it soon, I only have one or two more parts to do for this book. Also you have to be a follower.)
Thank you all :3