16 // That Escalated Quickly

Hi! I've not done an A/N yet, because I don't want to disrupt the story, but I just wanted to say what the fu-
How is this at 1k reads!? Thank you so much, ye have no idea how much this means to me :)
Okay, now on with the angst-

§§§§

Bad, Techno, Phil and Ranboo were all huddled into Bad's office, centred around the unconscious boy in Techno's arms.

Phil was the one to break the silence, after Techno's comment to 'start talking'. He assumed Techno implied 'start talking about Tommy, and why he supposedly passed out in the middle of nothing.'

"So, I've been helping Tommy for about a fortnight now, and we've had our ups and downs. I don't understand why he fainted, and that's all I have to tell you."

Before Techno could respond, Ranboo interrupted. "So I'm afraid I really need to go, but I'll catch up with you in a little bit once we've sorted this misunderstanding out. Techno scoffed; this was anything but a misunderstanding. Someone had hurt Tommy and he was going to find out who.

"Bye Mr Ranboo!" Bad smiled as their head teacher quickly darted out of the office and down the halls, probably to a meeting.

"Right, if that's all Phil has to say, let's get your view on this, Bad." Techno was quick to continue the conversation.

"Look... I still don't see why all of this is necessary. I've already told you everything I know. I wanted Tommy for our daily session, but I couldn't find him. I sent Phil off to get him, who returned shortly after, with Tommy in a rather bad state. I don't know what happened with them-"

"That's okay, I already know: I was there." Techno sent a quick glare at Phil.

"Okay, well I tied to get Tommy to talk, but he wouldn't. I did the best analysis I could, without him communicating to me. There was one prominent thing I noticed, which was that he kept glancing at Phil the whole time, so-"

"Why?" This definitely piqued Techno's interest.

"I don't know, but immediately after he left, Tommy broke down. I think he must have been hiding his bruises with something, because his normal skin colour was washed away with his tears. When I mentioned this, Tommy went into a panic attack and passed out."

"Interesting." Techno had a dangerous smirk on his face, knowing he'd just caught out Phil. "So," he turned to the blonde, "mind explaining why Tommy had a break down as soon as you left the room?"

"Actually yes, yes I do mind. It's none of your concern, and quite frankly, I think you're behaving rude and obnoxiously. Can't you see how Tommy's behaviour is ruining your own? He's a bad influence on you Techno."

"NO! You're just never giving him a chance, always labelling him as the 'troubled kid'. He's so much more than that."

Bad just sat in the middle of them, not knowing if it was wise to interject, or let the situation play out. In a few minutes, he would regret not saying something, and stopping them before things escalated.

"NO! TECHNO, I'M IN CHARGE HERE AND I SAY NO."

Unknown to them, Tommy started string.

"WELL I SAY YES! I'M NOT GOING TO STOP BEING TOMMY'S FRIEND JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE ASKED ME TO. HE'S A KID, PHIL. HE'S GOING TO DO STUPID STUFF."

Tommy slowly opened one eye, getting immediately stunned awake by the shouting.

"NO! TOMMY IS A USELESS CHILD WHO'S SELFISH ENOUGH TO DISTURB EVERYONE AROUND HIM. HE'S A BRAT! IF HE WOULD JUST BEHAVE, NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING TO HIM. IT'S HIS OWN FALT. HIS OWN PARENTS PROBABLY DON'T EVEN LOVE HIM!"

Tommy's mind was reeling... what had he just heard? Phil hated him! If Phil was saying this, then it must be true. Tears started forming in his eyes, as he struggled out of Techno's tight grip.

Techno's eyes went wide when he realised Tommy wriggled out of his arms. He was awake! How much had the blonde heard?

"I- I KNOW!" Phil immediately whipped around to face Tommy. How long was he awake!? How much had the kid heard? This was bad. Very very bad. Bad's head immediately shot over to where Tommy's voice had sounded. A deafening silence filled the room, all eyes on Tommy. They'd just fucked up.

"I KNOW I'M A S- STUPID CHILD! I KNOW I'M SELFISH AND RUDE AND A LOT OF TROUBLE! YOU'RE RIGHT - THIS IS ALL MY FAULT." A huge tear started rolling down Tommy's face. "I- I'm sorry I can't be the ideal student like Tubbo. I know I'm dumb and rude and altogether a terrible person. I KNOW! I know it has to be true, because PEOPLE WON'T STOP TELLING ME! And you know what? You're right. MY PARENTS DON'T LOVE ME!"

"What the fuck Phil!?" Techno shot up behind Tommy and put a comforting arm around the sobbing child.

"I was just-"

"NO! Stop it, all of you." Tommy shook himself free of Techno's grasp. "You don't like me, no one likes me."

This time it was Bad's turn to interrupt. He had been sitting quietly in the corner until now. "Tommy that's not-"

"Save it for someone who actually cares for excuses. You were just using me. All of you." With that, Tommy rushed out of the office and down the halls.

He didn't know where he has going, but he knew he had to get out of there. The blonde's vision started to get cloudy with tears, obstructing his vision. His sobs got louder and louder, until he was basically screaming.

Tommy rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door shut (and locking it behind him). His whole body was shaking. If no one believed in him, what was stopping Tommy from becoming the monster they all assumed him to be?

He looked over to the broken mirrors, noticing an especially sharp piece. It glistened in the light, reflecting sparkles and rainbows across the room.

One, innocent, little piece of mirror. No one would know...

It was not his first time, and it would not be his last.

With shaky hands, he picked up the glass, and drew wet, shimmering, red lines across his arms.