37 // Backstories

Techno and Phil made their way to the hospital. Techno looked like one of those superheroes doing a slow motion match into battle, whereas Phil looked like a confused toddler who did the occasion run to catch up with Techno's fast pace. He suddenly ducked behind a wall and was shortly followed by Phil.

"Mind telling me what all this is about?"

"No not really." Phil just raised an eyebrow in response. "Fine fine two years ago they noticed me after I won the national Chess Tournament and forcefully recruited me to join them. Yeah I totally faked that internship with the electronics company or whatever lie I told you. It started off with drug trafficking but after discovering how utterly amazing I am at practically everything I do I was soon trained and promoted to one of their leaders at age... 14? No it was 15. Either way, I did an amazing escape - batting about 10 members in order to do so - and pulled a few strings to get Dad to move us to the other side of the city... yup - and all without you guys ever knowing."

"And he's modest too."

"Oh, and because of my insane knife skills I was known as The Blade."

"That's a stupid name."

"I think it's... okay but can you really blame me!? I was 15!"

Phil was about to make some snappy and undoubtedly sarcastic remark when some ominous clapping ricocheted off of the buildings around them; making it seem much more threatening than it actually was.

"Well well well! Look who finally decided to join us after all this time."

There was no use hiding: the Dreamers already knew they were there. Technoblade reluctantly stepped out of the shadows, followed by Phil. He came face to face with a man he'd hoped he would never see again.

"What do you want, Sapnap?"

"Me? Nothing. It's Dream who wants you."

Suddenly a small man (with clout goggles resting upon his head) appeared from behind Sapnap's back. His brown hair was fluffy and soft; contradicting his piercing brown eyes. Well... one was brown - the other was a pale blue with a large scar running through it.

"He wants revenge... and so do I."

"Although this sounds lovely... really I can't wait for more... I'm kind of on a mission to stop a bomb exploding so would it inconvenience you to reschedule this to another date?" Neither man looked amused by Technoblade's snarky comment. "What? Lost you're sense of humour Snapchat? C'mon it's only been like... uhm... let me see no-"

"Two years!" Everyone whipped around to see Sapnap staring Technoblade dead in the eyes. He took a step forward, "It's been two years since you left me."

"Really? I thought it was longer - you mustn't have been very memorable." Techno took a step forward.

For a second it looked like Sapnap was about to cry but it was quickly covered up by a small chuckle which slowly turned into a full-out evil villain laugh. "Really!? One day you just vanished without a trace - not even a goodbye! You left me. Do you know how I found out? No? I found George abandoned on the side of the street left to die." The small brunette looked a little embarrassed at the mention of his name. "I took him for hospital and cried for hours. When he finally woke up he wouldn't stop uttering your name and when he finally told me what happened, I swore to get revenge. Here I am The Blade - I'm getting revenge!"

Techno took a step back. "That's not my name anymore."

"Oh, but I think it is." Sapnap took a step forward

Techno took a step back. "You're bad people - this isn't right."

"Oh since when did you have any moral understanding!?" Sapnap took another step forward. "Last time I checked you've killed thousands people - only topped by Dream himself."

"I was forced to do that." Techno took one final step backwards and hit his back against a wall. "I escaped at the first chance I got-"

Sapnap took his final step forward so that he was only about a metre infront of Technoblade, "Killing eight more people in the process... this time willingly. You prioritised your own life over theirs."

"... Phil, get down."

Phil barely had time to react and duck behind some nearby bins before Techno ducked down and slid through Sapnap's legs. The two circled each other about three times before Technoblade drew out a sword. It was about a metre long and the handle was covered in all types of jewels and patterns. Sapnap soon followed by drawing two curved blades. They had a simplistic design but had a small metal keychain with flames attacked to each of them.

They circled each other once more before Sapnap launched himself at Technoblade. Techno rolled out of the way - knife barely missing him. "You're growing weak The Blade! You're out of practise."

"Hah! ThE bLaDe! What a stupid name!" Suddenly the scene went silent as everyone turned to look at Phil. Techno mumbled a faint 'idiot' under his breath before everything happened at once.