48 // Aftermath

Two months had passed since the most traumatic event of Tommy, Techno and Phil's lives. A lot had happened in that time. For starters, the three had grown a lot closer (Tommy and Techno the most) and Phil actually apologised to Tommy. Techno still thought it wasn't good enough (and as all good brothers should, brought it up at the most inconvenient times) but Tommy accepted it with open arms.

Life had been getting better for him. After Dream was taken into custody, Tommy was first sent into the foster system. Granted, it was pretty unpleasant and awkward at times, but it wasn't abusive and there was a roof over his head. He'd made a few friends - the most noticeable of which being two kids (both slightly older than him) called Bilzo and Purpled. Tommy thought they had very weird names. They had a games night every Wednesday and the staff were relatively kind to all the kids.

Tommy was one of the oldest there; despite his caring heart, he took very little interest in the younger kids and frequently teased them. After all, he was a Big Man. He had to assert his dominance somehow -  this mostly ended him up in trouble... okay it always ended him up in trouble. Tommy's favourite worker was called Minx - mainly because she was the only one who didn't criticise his use of language. Although he rarely understood her jokes, he always tried to laugh at them... this also got him into trouble.

He still attended school during this time and became a bit of a celebrity after news of what happened got around. Granted, the majority of his old teachers still hated him, but a lot had warmed up to his bubbly nature. Most of the other kids tired to befriend him (after what had happened) but Techno was quick to shoo them all away. Tommy knew he could always count on Phil and him... probably the latter a bit more than the first.

However, during his time there he still felt like something was missing. The workers at the orphanage were nice and kind, but they lacked the love and compassion that could only come from a parent. Don't get him wrong, they were lovely people and the orphanage was definitely an upgrade from his own home, but it just didn't feel right. Luckily for him, his saviours turned up a just month and a half after he had first arrived there.

Tommy remembers the sight of Techno and Phil pulling their excited parents into the cramped hallway of the orphanage with a smile. He remembers their eager faces and the warm embrace of the pink haired man he'd missed so much. They were quick to sign the adoption forms (after they were analysed and assessed for safety of course - it didn't take long as the parents already had an adoption licence) and in less than two hours they were officially Tommy's new family.

Saying goodbye to Bilzo and Purpled was sad (but if you asked Tommy, there was absolutely so way he cried because he was a Big Man and he felt no pain), but they exchanged numbers and promised to stay in touch with each other.

This now brings us to the present, where Tommy's getting tucked into bed by his family of two weeks. His room is still fairly pain, but it's rapidly getting filled with more and more useless junk; no doubt in a month's time, it will be completely overflowing with stuff!

"Goodnight you little rascal," Techno pulled the covers over Tommy's half asleep body and kissed him goodnight on the forehead, "you're going to need your beauty sleep-"

"I'm glad you've finally noticed my looks, big bro. I'm dazzling, I know!"

"Alright, alright," Techno couldn't help but let out a chuckle, "I admit it, you're stunning, but nothing compared to me!" he whisper-shouted as he comically wiggled his eyebrows up and down. The two burst into a fit of giggles; clutching their sides and laughing their heads off.

"Okay boys, that's enough now," Their mum poked her head around the door (seemingly aroused by all the noise  they were creating), "it's time for you two to sleep. We all know how import the court case is tomorrow," she gave Tommy a sympathetic glance at this, causing Techno to dramatically roll his eyes, "and you're both going to need to be at your best for it. Besides, your arguing is pointless - I'm clearly the most attractive one here!"

If they had a bedside lamp on in that moment, Techno and Tommy would have seen their father poke his head around the door and smirk at the last comment, murmuring something along the lines of 'right you are'.

"Ew! Get a room you two!" came Phil's teasing yell from his own room across the hall.

A few minutes later, Tommy was sound asleep; smile still plastered on his face. He had found his family, and tomorrow, whatever was awaiting him in that court room, they were going to face together.

Besides, Techno still hadn't revealed why the bomb hadn't gone off, and what he had meant by 'mole' despite Tommy's constant whining. Why were they still alive?