41 // Big Men Stay Put

I have the most inconsistent updates—

§§§§

Tommy and Techno finally made it to the hospital after sprinting down all of the roads and paths of the neighbourhood. They both looked exhausted; despite neither of them actually admitting that they were. Techno suddenly stopped rather dramatically - leaving Tommy to try to do the same... in reality his shoes sort of slid across the pavement a bit more but he managed to recover it (in all honesty it possibly looked even cooler than what Technoblade had just done).

"Okay - now what? What's next?" Tommy turned around to see that Techno was already running off. "Wh- HEY!!"

Techno took a second to look over his shoulder at Tommy before focusing back on the building ahead of them, "Stay here - I don't want you getting hurt. Wait for the police and tell them where I am."

"Okay: firstly stop being so dramatic, secondly, I thought I made it very clear that I'm coming." Technoblade groaned. "HEY! I'm a big man and big men would help you." Techno rolled his eyes and started walking ahead.

"Tommy if you don't stay here I'm going to shout so loud at you when this is all over. Now stay right where you are before I get someone to babysit you."

"I don't need babysitting I'm a big man!"

Unknown to Tommy, Technoblade smirked at this - Tommy was right where he wanted him to be. "Right... so since big men don't need babysitters then big men will stay put, right?" Tommy furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth slightly. "Tommy promise me that you'll stay put."

Tommy stayed silent but kept the confused face. "Tommy look at me," the blonde looked up, "I know I've only known you for about a month... maybe a month and a half... but you mean so much to me - you're like the younger brother I never had - so please can you stay here? I wouldn't forgive myself if another child died because of me." That last part was said under his breath, but it caught Tommy's attention.

"What's what supposed to mean?"

Techno sighted. "I've... I've done some bad - reckless - stuff, okay. I was running an errand for the Dreamers and my target was getting away. In the end, I resorted to using an explosive to finish the job... it blew up the whole building. I was out of there by that point..."

Techno looked down and shuffled his feet back and fourth. "The bomb completely blew up the whole building - there were so survivors. I... uhm... there was an orphanage on one of the ground floors that I didn't know about. I killed about 30 orphans... all kids."

Tommy just looked at Technoblade with wide eyes. "Y- you worked for the Dreamers!?"

"Yeah I already went over my backstory-" Techno started but was quickly interrupted.

"Nope no you didn't. I would have remembered if you did."

"Dude I get one moment of trauma in this story and you weren't even paying enough attention to remember it!?" (Ah - I seem to have broken the 4th wall... whatever I'm going with it.)

"Wha-" Tommy just shook his head, "that doesn't matter! I caught the bullet, ran after you, said bye to Phil and here we are talking."

"Yeah bu... ooooooh you weren't there. SERIOUSLY I GET ONE MOMENT AND THE MAIN CHARACTER ISN'T EVEN PRESENT WHEN IT HAPPENS!!" (Man I really gotta stop breaking this wall huh-)

"Are you high dude?"

"No- NO I AM NOT HIGH!" Technoblade sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'm fine and if you want to be fine too then I would suggest that you stay put like a Big Man."

Tommy closed his eyes, puffed his chest out and stuck his hands on his hips, "I am a big man!"

Techno raised an eyebrow, "So you'll stay here?"

"Yeah!" Techno smirked, saluted and ran off into the hospital after taking one finally glance behind him.

After a couple of seconds of silence, Tommy opened his eyes. "Techno...?" The blonde turned around in a full circle before realising what had just happened. "OH FUCK YOU MAN!!"