33 // The Dreamers

Both Phil and Techno had pale faces. Techno slowly opened his mouth to speak but he couldn't find the words; leaving him with it hanging open and looking like a goldfish. Finally, he seemed to find a jumble of words to utter out beneath his breath.

"Cherrington... you mean-"

"That run-down street famous for all the drugs and gangs? Ye-"

"The Dreamers."

"...what?"

"The dreamers. I uuuh... I had a run-in with them years ago, but if Tommy's there then he's in trouble. Shit!"

Phil looked a bit confused and shook his head slightly, "I'm not sure if I quite understand you there."

"Shit! No of course you don't! You're just some stupid senior who can't seem to do his job right! If you had done something sooner then none of this would have happened. You're so useless you've stayed in 6th form for an extra two years because you were too busy helping younger students than focusing on studying!"

Silence descended upon the two of them. Both wanting to end it, but neither finding the words to do so. Silence - and the occasional pant from Techno after all the running.

"I'm just going to g-" Phil slowly turned away.

"No!" Techno reluctantly reached out and gently grabbed Phil's hand; pulling him back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that - it's just that I'm now really really worried about Tommy. If the Dreamers are involved then he really is in deep trouble. We need to go-"

"Dude... I wasn't mad about that. I was going to find Tommy... and you were kind of right about the whole doing something sooner. I noticed the red flags as well but it was just that his father-"

Techno seemed to perk up at this word, "His father!? What's he done? Who is he? What did he tell you? Why did you listen? What did you-"

"Techno please - now isn't the time. I'll tell you later." Technoblade looked like he was about to protest, "I'll tell you when you tell me what happened with you and the Dreamers. That's not going unnoticed by the way."

Techno groaned. "Fine - but if Tommy's involved in the Dreamers in some way, we need to hurry. Call the police if it gets bad - we really need to find him before it's too late."

"Alright brother, let's go find Tommy and put an end to this mess."