revenge at the welcome home party

*AUTHORS NOTE; TW, there's some talk about self harm in this chapter (there is no self harm being performed, just talk about scars)*

"You want me to go to the party with you?" you shout, confused.
"I just fucking met you, dude!"
"To make them jealous. If we show up together, and we start pretending to date and all, it'll surely make them both jealous, or at least Mikasa. Jean'll have no choice! You're like, runner up! It'll be our revenge. Come on!" Eren exclaims. He has a gleeful look in his eyes. You sigh and roll your eyes.
"Listen, you don't gotta give me an answer right now, the party isn't till next Friday." Eren says.
"Okay, yeah. If it means I can get Jean-"
"And I can get Mikasa!" Eren shouts.
You laugh. All of a sudden, you feel like you've known Eren for years. Like instead of him and Mikasa being childhood friends, it was you and him. Somehow, you've both instantly clicked, even though he just broke your mother's plate.
"Sure, okay cool. I'll go with you." you agree.
"Perfect!" he says.
"Here, give me your number. So I can text you tomorrow. We should probably practice being a couple before going to the party." you and Eren exchange numbers.
You both get up and walk downstairs. You head for the door. You turn around before leaving.
"Hey, Eren. Thanks again for fixing up my hands." you say, smiling.
"Yeah, no problem. Thanks for forgiving me." he says, and smirks slightly.
"Oh! You have something on your cheek, what's that?" you ask. He touches his cheek, and something red comes off onto his fingers.
"Damn, I'm a messy eater. You let me walk around like that the whole time? You bitch." He licks his finger.
"Oh, what it from my food?" you ask. You hadn't noticed it before.
"Yeah, it was from you." he says, smiling.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks.
"Yeah, see ya!" You walk away from Eren's house, carefully trying to memorize how to get there from your house.

"Wait, I made Parmesan penne, didn't I? Basil sauce is green, and I didn't add any red sauce...but it was from me?"

As the days go by, you  get to know Eren better. You spend every day together before the party, trying to get to know each other a bit better and fit into the couple role. He comes over to your house the day after you  found him in the dining hall, and you make dinner.
"So, we should get to know each other a bit better, shouldn't we?" Eren asks, walking around your kitchen.
"If we're gonna pretend to love each other, then we should probably know some personal shit."
"What  do you wanna know?" you ask, as you carefully slice up some carrots for  the chicken stir fry you're making, trying not to cut your bandaged  hands.
"Be careful, we don't need your hands cut up even more. Remind  me to re bandage those for you soon, too. I don't think they'll be okay by the party, but it's worth a shot to try to heal them up quicker. And I don't know. What's your favourite colour?" Eren asks.  You laugh.
"Very personal question, Eren. Don't tell anyone, but it's purple." you say.
"What kind of purple?"
"A light purple. Like the colour of lilacs!" you say.
"How about you?" Eren shrugs.
"I don't really have one." he replies.
"Next question. Where's one place you've always wanted to go?"
"There's so many places." you reply.
"Australia looks really cool. So does Japan, Russia, oh man. There's so many places. What about you? Well, I guess you've been everywhere, huh? So, I guess where's your favourite place to go?"
"Greece." Eren replies.
"It's gorgeous there. I took Armin with me once. He loves the waters there. I've been wanting to take Mikasa, too."
"Is that where you were for six months?" you ask.
"I was there for two of the six. I went to Italy and New Zealand too." Eren says.
"Lucky! I wanna go to Italy to see the Colosseum. I've always wanted to travel the world." you say.
"Then go."
"I don't want to go alone, and I don't really have anyone to go with. Mostly everyone here just likes to stay here." you say.
"Hey! Maybe next time you go somewhere, I can join you!" you say. You turn to Eren. He's softly smiling.
"Maybe." he replies.
"Okay, next question. What's your biggest fear?" Eren asks.
"Huh. That's a good question. You answer first." you say. Eren looks at you, then at the floor.
"Drowning." he says. You're close enough to him to notice that his ears have turned a bit red.
"Huh, weird. His ears have gone a bit red. I wonder what that's about, hopefully he's not getting sick." you think to yourself.
"Well,  that makes sense, since you're always out in sea. I think mine would be  losing someone I love." you say. Eren looks up at you.
"What? Doesn't that scare you too?" you ask.
"No." Eren says. You watch his ears turn redder.