paths

*AUTHOR'S NOTE; WE MADE IT TO 300K READS OMFGGGGG THATS INSANE! i'm glad you're all enjoying the story so far, don't forget to vote for the chapters! enjoy, brats!*

Eren tilts his head.
"Huh?"
"You just said 'five more minutes, Ymir.'"
"Oh... did I?" Eren asks.
"Who's Ymir? Like... Ymir that's part of the scouts with us?"
"Oh, uh, no." Eren replies as he sits up on the bed to stretch.

"Ah... arm still hurts." he winces. You eye Eren's back, and you notice he's already gaining his strength back.
"How'd you sleep, sunshine?" Eren asks as he lays back down beside you.
"I slept fine. And you?"
"Good. Best sleep I've had in months." Eren sighs.

"Okay... now are you gonna tell me who Ymir is orrrrr..." you say, feeling weird that he sort of dodged your question.
"If not our Ymir, then who?"
"Ymir Fritz." Eren says.

You feel your eyes widen.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" you ask.
"Whaaaaat? It's Ymir!" Eren exclaims, giving you a 'what?' look.
"Have you gone insane, Eren?" you ask.
"Ymir Fritz as in Founding Ymir? The one that's been dead for like, centuries?"

"Mhm. Her." Eren replies. You squint your eyes and open your mouth.
"Did they give you acid in Marley? What the fuck is going on?"
"Eren, you really suck at explaining things."
"I'm sorry! I just fuckin woke up!"

"You hear it too?" you ask. Eren turns his head to look at you, his eyes wide.
"What?" he asks.
"That female voice." you respond.
"Oh, shit." Eren says, looking away from you for a moment.
"What the fuck is going on?" you ask.

Eren looks back at you.
"I'm missing something." he says.
"Y/n, what happened to me when I got knocked out?"
"Levi threw you out of the plane." you reply.
"I went to go save you, and I tried turning you into your titan. I accidentally cut my hand, and when I touched your wound, you turned, but I was also somehow connected to you."

Eren's face turns pale.
"So soon?" he asks.
"What?"
"Huh?"
"What do you mean by so soon?" you ask. Eren shakes his head.
"Ymir, we're coming."

"HUH?" you shout. Before you can even think, Eren gets closer to you, grabbing your face with both of his hands.
"Do you trust me?" he asks.
"What are you doing?"
"Do you?"
"...Yes." you reply. Suddenly, Eren bangs his head into yours, causing a weird static like feeling that moves through your whole body.

"OUCH! Fucking bitch! Why'd you headbutt m-" You open your eyes to see that you're no longer in the cabin bedroom like you were just a moment ago. You're in the place of your dreams, the starry sky, the sand beneath your feet.
"Did he knock me out?" you ask out loud.
"No, you're conscious." Eren replies.

You turn your head to see Eren standing in front of you. He extends his arm out to you.
"Here. Get up." he says. You take his hand, standing up in front of him.
"Where... where the hell are we?" you ask.
"We're in a place called the paths." Eren replies.

"EREN! YOU'RE BACK!" A young female voice squeals. It's a familiar voice, a voice you've heard in your dreams many times before. You turn your head to see a young girl with blonde hair running towards you and Eren.
"Hey, kid!" Eren exclaims, getting down on one knee and extending both of his arms. The young girl rushes to Eren, wrapping her arms around him once she reaches him.

Eren picks the young girl up, smiling widely as he looks over at you.
"Ah, you're getting a bit stronger again!" The girl exclaims.
"Y/n, this is Ymir Fritz. Ymir, this is y/n." Eren says.
"Hi, y/n! Oh my, you're even prettier in person!" The young girl says.

You stare at the young girl.
"This... is Ymir?" you ask.
"Mhm." Eren replies.
"But... you're dead."
"Well, yeah. On Earth I am." Ymir says.
"But here is where all the titan shifters go. Of course, titan shifters can bring non titan shifters to the paths too, but they can't come by themselves."