cupid's arrow

*AUTHOR'S NOTE; ah, and the angst begins! oh... sorry, what? you thought it already started cuz Eren's a dick? hahahahah. no. there's only a tiny bit in this chapter, though. so don't worry. also, this chapter is like really long, so sorry about the long ass read (its like 3000 words more than i usually write oops). oh, also also! smut warning ;)*

You feel your face turn red. You look over at Eren, who's also blushing.
"I... don't know what to say." he says, eyes still focused on the painting.
"It's beautiful, Armin. Absolutely beautiful." you say, your eyes still locked on Eren. He senses you looking at him, and turns to look at you.
"That's our dynamic, huh?" he asks, smiling.
"That's us." you say back. You look into each others eyes, maintaining eye contact.
"Do you see me like that?" Eren asks, tilting his head a bit as he inches closer to you.
"I do." you reply.
"Really?" he asks.
"That's... exactly how I see you." you say, smiling. Eren leans close to your face, locking his lips with yours.
"AHHHHHHH THEY'RE KISSING!!" you hear Hange yell. You smile against Eren's lips as he gently cups your face with his right hand. You and Eren pull away from each other.
"I could really get used to you being my fake girlfriend all the time." Eren whispers, tucking some loose strands of hair behind your ear. You feel yourself blush.
"I guess I can say the same, Jaeger." you whisper back. Eren turns his head to face Armin.
"I fuckin love it, dude. So much. Thank you." he says. Armin smiles.
"I knew you both would." he says. Eren puts his arm around your waist.

After everyone has stared in awe and taken pictures of Armin's beautiful painting, Armin rounds everyone up outside.
"Thank you all for supporting me and my art." Armin says.
"Especially the people who helped put this all together; Hange, Historia, Eren, y/n, and my lovely girlfriend, Annie. If any of you would like, I'm throwing a small party at my place right now as a thank you. You're all welcome to come."
"FUCK YEAH! A PARTY! I'M IN!" you hear Connie scream.
"Me too!" Sasha adds. Eren turns his head to look at you.
"Whaddya say, sunshine? Wanna go?" he asks you.
"Of course!" you exclaim, smiling. Everyone who attended the grand opening of the art gallery decides to go to Armin's.
"We'll see you there." Eren says to Armin, getting in his car. You place yourself in the passenger seat, and Eren starts to drive off.
"That painting is really something else, huh? I was not expecting that at all." you say to Eren, looking out your window.
"Yeah, neither was I. To think that was the moment he decided to capture to turn into his big piece... we're special." Eren says back.

It doesn't take long for you and Eren to arrive at Armin's house. You both get out of his car and walk through the front door. Eren grabs your hand as you both walk in. You eye the crowd, spotting Jean and Mikasa talking to Marco, Sasha and Connie.
"Look, they're here!" you quietly say to Eren, discretely pointing in their direction.
"So they are. I would say this is our chance to get to them, but I'm positive that painting did." Eren says.
"But, it doesn't hurt to rub salt on the wound. I mean, doesn't hurt us. Should hurt them a little." Eren walks you over in their direction.
"Y/n, Eren! That painting of Armin's- WOW! It's astonishing!" Sasha exclaims once you and Eren are beside the small group.
"For real, though! It really captures how madly in love you two are with each other." Connie adds, softly giggling.
"We like it just as much as you two. What about you guys, Jean and Mikasa? How did you guys feel about it?" Eren devilishly asks, turning his head slightly to look at them both.
"It was cool." Jean blankly replies.
"I don't think it was anything worth keeping a secret over." You catch Jean rolling his eyes subtly.
"Jean, don't be that way. It's a beautiful painting of... you two." Mikasa chimes in, quickly averting her eyes down to the floor.
"You sound a bit jealous, Jean." you say, smirking.
"Yeah, horse face! You mad cuz it wasn't you with your dick hanging out?" Connie laughs, reaching over to lightly punch Jean in the arm.
"I- I'm not fucking jealous. Not of you two clowns, anyways." Jean snaps back.
"I'm gonna see what Armin has to drink." Jean walks away from you, Eren, Connie and Sasha, Mikasa following behind him.
"What's up with that guy?" Connie asks, tilting his head a bit.
"He's been kinda weird around y/n and Eren lately."
"Of course he is! Like I've said before, y/n liking him gave him an ego boost, even though he didn't feel the same way. It's just the fact that someone has a crush on him that matter to him." Sasha says.
"Aw, boo hoo, Jean lost an admirer." Eren sarcastically says, pouting.
"Who fucking cares, Jean. Get over it."