the sweetest revenge

*AUTHOR'S NOTE; phewwww a lot goes on in this chapter. y/n completely fucking loses it. story title drop for this chapter's title for a reason. you don't rlly see much of crazy crazy y/n here, there will be more in the next chapter. anyways. enjoy, brats!*

"So... why doesn't he want me to in?" you ask. Ymir turns her head away from you.
"Ymir, come on."
"I'm really sorry, y/n. But I don't wanna break my promise to Eren."

You let out a loud sigh.
"Fine. I'm just gonna go in, then." you say.
"NO! HE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO DO THAT!" Ymir shouts.
"Well, why doesn't he?" you ask.

Ymir pouts at you.
"I'm not gonna say." she says, crossing her arms in front of her chest. You mentally sigh to yourself as you turn back to the coordinate.
"If he's in there... and I'm not supposed to go in..."

You think about what the two ways could be. Is it as simple as going in and not going in? Or is there something else, too?
"Okay, I have one more question then." you say, still staring at the coordinate.
"I got super pissed a bunch of times tonight. Two of those times, light started emitting from my body. Why?"

When you don't get a reply, you turn your head downwards to look at Ymir. Her face is scrunched up in confusion.
"Hmm. So that part of the future is set in stone." she say.
"What part of the future?" you ask.

"Remember when I told you that there are some parts of the future that aren't known yet?" Ymir asks. You nod.
"This is one of them."
"Okay... so what happens?"
"Well..."

You let out a low groan, feeling frustrated.
"Can't you tell me the two ways?" Ymir tilts her head.
"I can't. I'm sorry." Ymir sighs. You begin walking away from Ymir, heading for the coordinate.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Ymir shouts.
"If no one's gonna tell me why I can't go in, or tell me fucking anything, I'm just gonna go." you say, raising your voice a bit.
"Wait, y/n! Please, don't! Just... wait until you figure it out, please!" Ymir exclaims.

You turn your head over to her.
"How am I supposed to figure it out myself?" you ask.
"I don't know what the hell is going on." Ymir is following you, speed walking over to you.

"There's hints all over." she says. You raise a brow at her.
"Is there really, though?"
"What day is your anniversary with Eren?"
"Nine."
"And your cabin number?"
"... Nine."
"How many main titans?"
"Nine. What does this have to do with anything?"

Ymir smiles at you.
"I'm gonna show you something. This should help you understand a bit more. I believe this is the future." she says. She extends her hand out, but you smile and bend down.
"Sorry for raising my voice at you earlier, Ymir. It's not your fault. Here, get on my back."

"Yay!" Ymir giggles as she hops on your back.
"Nine." you think to yourself. You haven't thought of that number in so long. The repetition of that number seems like a far away memory.
(quick A/N; i bet y'all also forgot about the whole 9 thing, huh? if u go back, it's there. i left it for so long because i didnt wanna make the foreshadowing TOO obvious, hehe)

"Did you know that numbers have meanings?" Ymir asks as you get up.
"Hmm? What do you mean? Also, which way am I going?" you ask.
"Right. And I mean like how one hundred and forty represents freedom?"

"Oh, sure." you say.
"Do you know what the number nine represents?"
"I can't say I do." you reply, walking to the right through the sand of the paths.
"Eternal love." Ymir says.

You keep walking but you feel your eyes widen a bit.
"Really?" you ask.
"Mhm!" Ymir responds.
"Hmm. Interesting coincidence."
"Coincidence?" Ymir repeats.