chapter 32

On the otherside, karn had arrived early to the palace and all princes welcomed him, he was suddenly very excited but shrugged it off thinking it was because of raj mata kunti and the pandavas returning and duryodhan whole heartedly accepting them.

Seeing all welcome him he was happy and also bhanumati who came along with him was happy to get more brothers who will treated her with love just like her maternal family.

The pandavas apologised for not accepting his friendship before and extended one from their end which karn accepted and they all were talking and enjoying. Duryodhan after a while asked where madi was since she was most eager to meet bhanumati.

Bhanu who heard her name asked " arya who is madi? And why does she want to meet me?", before anyone could answer the pandavas who were closer to madi were looking around for her, when they didn't see her with kunti and draupadi they thought she would be around but it had been so long since morning, karn saw the restlessness and asked what was wrong.

The pandavas hadn't heard this as they were already moving to the ladies section to find her. Kunti who was asked said she had gone for her prayers, karn wonder who they were taking about and duryodhan said but she wasn't at the temple as he had just come from there with karn and the rest. Draupadi this time replied she had gone to the river banks. Draupadi then saw karn and greeted her brother and she also asked where he had gone cause he missed her wedding.

Karn said he had gone for important work and can't reveal more. And then asked who was everyone looking for. Duhassan who came answered with evident anger " they are waiting for a characterless girl who doesn't know how to respect elders."

Shakuni smirked seeing the pandavas getting angry with yudhishter controlling them and thought duryodhan will support duhassan once again creating a gap between cousins but duryodhan shouted " duhassan you better not say a word more against madi, I have considered her my sister and it would be good if you do as well." Karn wonderred what happened when he was away he had heard about the court verdict and also a girl standing up and upright insulting gandhar raj.

Karn was proud of the girl standing up for her self and not being dependent on anyone, and wanted to meet the girl. Seeing duryodhan against duhassan he could tell duryodhan loves his new sister a lot, and the other pandavas were now cool , he was glad duhassan was stopped on time. He thought how with out even meeting this girl he too felt anger at words against her.

Vidur and the other elders had come and all sat for breakfast waiting for mahamahim bhishma. Vidur asked about madi and was told the same she had gone for prayers. Karn then asked more about the court decision that happened and who had suggested this way of justice.

Duryodhan replied what all happened and how Madi had spoken so confidently, and protected her self so well. As the session was narrated karn felt immense respect for madi and anger towards gandhar raj, reason unknown so left to ponder over it later.

Bhishma who had arrived then with madi saw her covering her face and hiding behind him. He questioned her with his eyes but she whispered that mata kunti will definitely scold her so she is hiding from her.

What she didn't realised was kunti saw the entry and already was walking towards them. the princes all saw kunti walk to the entrance , and saw bhishma and someone else whispering. Realising it was Madi nakul who was close to karn and sahadev whispered " just watch the drama now mata is going to punish Madi for sure and once again mata will forget her sons for madi" he was pouting and the rest who heard him chuckled while karn was amused at this since he knew mata kunti loved all her children equally.

By now madi was engrossed in a closed eye prayer to tridevs to save her but unfortunately kunti already reached there and twisted her ears causing her to yelp in pain. Karn on the other hand was curious to see her face after hearing her scream which too sounded melodious to him, but couldn't with so many people blocking her. He was trying from all sides but could see any thing except her yellow blue chunri that cover her face.

While madi managed to free herself she hugged mata kunit tightly apologising and once forgiven ran to her room to get changed. The rest all wondered why mata was angry and so did bhishma, who asked why she was hiding, kunti told how madi was supposed to return in and hour but came after 3 hours and had her really worried.

He rest all chuckled at that while kunti is like " tatshree you don't know her she is just like krishna when it comes to mischief, I seriously pity devaki and rohini when she will go to dwarka." She stopped there realising what she was going to spill and arjun who noticed covered up "of course she will , after all they have a special bond and just like you treat her im sure mamishrees will do the same." And diverted the topic asking pitamah bhishma where he found her.

*******************************

a small teaser before they meet, do you think karn manages to see her?

"evil laugh" - for making all of you wait longer and

"puppy eyes"  sorry for making you wait longer XDXD