Chapter (2)

*Tristan*

*Tristan*

    All I wanted to do was ask Athena to be my prom date and my girlfriend, looks like there was no way now. She likes someone else. SHE ACTUALLY LIKES SOMEONE ELSE!!! And I have no idea on who that nutcase that stole Athena from me. Right now, myself and Tyson are in our secret hiding spot, behind the laboratory block.

"Why are you angry if Athena likes someone else, you said that you don't like her romantically the other day. Didn't you?" asked Tyson. I wanted to punch him right in the face. Even though I wanted to hide my feelings for her, I couldn't deny it.

"I could ask the same question to you." I retorted. He just looked angry and and then shrugged.

"I actually like her bro, I'm just trying to hide it. But now I guess there's no need since she like someone else." I smirked and looked at him in an 'I-know-it's-you' look.

"Who do you think she likes Tyson?" I asked. Just then I felt my phone buzz and saw that Eric had sent a video of Athena. I opened to see it but it was deleted just when she said that she had the biggest crush on someone. I let out a frustrated scream as I couldn't find out who that guy was.

I really liked Athena so much. In fact, I loved her. I loved the way she walked, the way she smiled, the way she spoke, ugh, screw it, I love her everything! I don't know when exactly I fell in love with her but I know that I fell really hard to the point that I can't live without her. The bell rang indicating the end of lunch and I groaned as I left the place reluctantly because I have English now, one of the classes I have with Athena.

I don't know how I'm gonna face her. I took the necessary books from my locker and went to class only to see Athena in her happiest mood. I guess the guy accepted her proposal. But I wanted to make sure, so I sat next to her.

"Hey, you seem to be in a happy mood. Did your crush accept your invite?" I asked as calmly as I could. She just shrugged.     

"Nah, but I have a mind blowing idea to make him accept. I don't really know if he likes me even though we grew up together."

Now that confused my mind. Grew up together? I understood that this nutcase must be in our friend circle. Because we all know each other since kindergarten.

"Who is it?" asked as if I was curios to know but she nodded in disapproval.

"Nope, I won't tell you or anyone of you until tonight."

"Ugh! Come on Athie, please tell me right now. I can't wait anymore!" I replied. She was about to say something when the bell rang marking the start of our class. Mrs. Anderson was a really great teacher. Everyone in school liked her. Everyone in our group are straight A students so we didn't have to worry about our future. But I definitely had something else to worry about.

The class went by normally except for the few times I caught Athena staring at me and the way she turned away when I caught her made me want to kiss her but again, I can't do that because she said she likes someone but didn't disclose that someone's identity.

After English class, I went to my locker to get my next period's books when I saw something odd. Everyone was going to the Football ground and out of curiosity, I also went there. I stood at the last so that no one would start fangirling on me.

I also saw Athena next to me, but she didn't seem to notice me. So, I didn't take any chance to speak with her or  grab her attention. I just tried to figure out what was going on there. The I saw the cheerleading captain Veronica Andrea Stilton climb to the top of the bleachers. The she cleared her throat to start speaking.

"Hey there everyone! I just wanted to say something to the person I really care. I believe he is in the crowd so that he can hear my message. That guy who stole my heart the very first day I saw him is... Tristan James Miller! I would like to have him up here."

The heck?! She likes me? No. I really appreciate the fact that she took the initiative for this but I can't and I won't accept it. I had to make it clear to her. I climbed up the bleachers and she started speaking again.

"Now that the person I wanted has come here, I'll ask it to you directly. Will you do me the honor of being my prom date Tristan?" she asked.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no Veronica! NO!"

"But, w-why?" she stuttered.

"Because I have someone else in my heart. My heart, it belongs to someone else. Someone I love." I said getting down the bleachers. She looked like she was about to cry but whatever, I don't care.

As I got down, I saw Athena breathing heavily her mouth wide open. She was frozen in place. I hit her in the face and she came back to her senses.

"Did you just reject Veronica Stilton?" she exclaimed, her eyes full of happiness and excitement.

"Um, yeah. Why not?" I asked while she had the biggest grin I've ever seen. She was grinning to the point that even her cheeks would start to hurt. I couldn't help but chuckle at her expression. Such A Cutie. And of course, A Beauty. We parted to go to our classes after waving a goodbye.

                                                                                     ※※※※※

Finally! Classes are over. I can go back to thinking about Athie's mysterious lover boy. Once I put my books in my locker, I'll go ask Athie about her lover boy again. I came to my locker with my brothers Tyson and Toby since we had out last period together. When I opened my locker I saw a heart-shaped card with the words "Come to the school Greenhouse with your brothers  right now!"

What the heck? Veronica still didn't learn her lesson? And now she wants me there with my brothers? Okay fine, whatever. I'll go there and see what she has for us.

The greenhouse was located behind the main school building and usually not many people go there. I don't know what Veronica is up to but if she harms my brothers or me or anyone else, I swear I'll kill her then and there.

When the three of us turned to the side of the main school building, I was shocked.