Chapter (9)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     It was 5:30 pm and I was getting ready in my room. I wore a sparkling dark blue full-gown with the diamond accessories Tristan gifted me. They absolutely looked gorgeous. I made a pair! My dark blue gown goes really good with those diamond accessories.

I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and let my bags fall in the front. I twirled around in front of the mirror adoring myself when I heard my mom yell.

"Athena honey! Tristan's here get down here soon!" she said and I got nervous. What would Tristan think of my outfit? Will he like it? Do I really look good? Alright I'll clear this doubt by asking Aria about it.

I knocked on Aria's room and she opened the door. She was wearing a crimson red colored with a beautiful ruby pendant which I assume was given to her by Toby. She had her hair and make up done and she made her hair into a fishtail-braided bun letting her bangs fall of in her face. In short, she looked absolutely gorgeous!

"Athie, do you know you're really annoying sometimes. How many times will you ask me what kind of dress to wea-" she stopped halfway when she saw me and her jaw dropped. "That's it. I'm eating a donut and going back to sleep." she said and let me in.

"Hey wait! Aria, what do you mean? Do I look so awful? That you want to give up on helping me get ready?" I asked disappointed in myself.

"What?! What nonsense are you spouting? You look like an angel! I thought of getting the 'Prom Queen' title tonight but looking at you, I know that I don't even stand a 0.0000000001 percent chance against you!" she said with total excitement. What? Do I really look that good? I blushed at her comment.

"Aria, will Tristan like it? Do I really look good?" I asked with uncertainty.

"Of course! Miss Universe might have to give up her title cause you look more gorgeous than her!" she squealed and I laughed and hugged her.

"You yourself don't look bad Aria!" I said with excitement gushing through each and every fiber of my body. Then myself and Aria linked arms and went down the stairs like we were princesses out of a fairytale. Tristan took one look at me and his jaw dropped. Seeing him drop his jaw because of me made butterflies erupt in my tummy. What? Butterflies? Screw butterflies! It was like the entire zoo was unleashed in my tummy! Tristan came towards me, took my hand and kissed it.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" he said making my heart flutter at the very statement. I blushed.

"Thanks." I said shyly. We then linked our arms and walked out of the door after waving goodbye to my mum.

"Enjoy your night honey!" she said with a grin.

"I will!" I replied with a grin. Tristan then led me to his car and opened the passenger seat door for me and I climbed in. He then made his way to the driver seat and sat down and started to drive.

While driving, Tristan kept looking at me and staring at me which made my heart hammer in my chest.

"Keep your eyes at the road Tristan! You're gonna get us killed!" I said and he laughed.

"Well, what can I do? My Princess looks very pretty tonight and I can't take my eyes off her." he said with a smirk.

"Ugh! What should I do with you?!" I said frustrated.

"Um, you could start by kissing me. Then I'll take care of the rest." he said laughing. I blushed.

"Shut up!" I yelled and looked out the window. Then silence filled the car, not an awkward one, but a comfortable silence. We reached the auditorium and Tristan opened the door for me. He signaled at his arm and I linked my arms with his. We started walking to the hotel and I stood there taking in the environment.

After about five minutes, I had some fruit punch and donuts while Tristan was speaking with the guys. Aria and Mel joined me and we all had snacks together.

"May I have the honor of dancing with you milady?" someone asked and I was shocked by their sudden approach. I turned around and saw... Tyson? Why is he asking me to dance with him? Oh, now I remember. He is in love with me.

"I'm sorry Tyson, but I'm not in the mood to dance right now." I said politely turning him down.

"Oh. Please don't be sorry, I just asked casually. Have fun!" he said and walked away from us. I could say from his expression that he was upset and disappointed.

The rest of the event went by normally and it was time for the announcement about prom king and queen. I couldn't care less cause I knew I wasn't the one who was going to get the title. Mrs. Williams was on the stage announcing.

"The Prom Queen of Jefferson High this year is... Athena Marie Jones!" said Mrs. Williams and I blinked at her. Then the realization hit me that I was voted Prom Queen. I climbed onto the stage and Mrs. Williams put a sachet around me with the word 'PROM QUEEN' in big letters and gave me a bouquet of roses and placed a beautiful tiara on my head.

"Congratulations Ms. Jones!" she said and started announcing again. "And the Prom King of Jefferson High is... Tristan James Miller! He has been such a gentle man tonight!" Said Mrs. Williams and I stared at her confused. Tristan got an the stage and Mrs. Williams put a sachet around him with the words 'PROM KING' in big letters and gave him a bouquet of roses and placed a crown on his head.

"So, it is tradition for the Prom King and Queen to kiss on the stage in front of everyone. Please do the honor of completing the tradition." said Mrs. Williams and I blushed. Everyone in the crowd started cheering for us.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" they cheered and we leaned in and kissed. After the event was over, I was exhausted and Tristan seemed to have noticed it. He came up to me.

"Athie, can we get back home? I feel utterly exhausted." he said and fake yawned and I giggled at his attempt.

"You don't have to put on an act for me. I know you want to go home because you found out I was tired." I said smirking. He put up his hands in defeat and sighed.

"Alright, you win. You know, I have a surprise for you first thing in the morning so get up early! Now let's go." he said smirking back at me. We got on to his car and we drove back. He pulled up near my house and parked his car in his garage.

I changed into my pajamas and drifted to sleep. I woke up to the sound of... A heavy vehicle pulling up in our drive way?

 A heavy vehicle pulling up in our drive way?