Chapter (13)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     Tristan let out a intimidating laugh and Tyson took a step back. What is going to happen now? Is he going to beat up Tyson? Oh no! I should stop this!

"Tristan, don't pick up a fight. He's your brother! And you Tyson, the method you tried to pursue me was very much inappropriate. I don't encourage this!" I said tying to put on my best intimidating look.

They both came closer to me and Tristan punched Tyson right on the face. I grew white with fear. Tristan never encourages violence, but now he's fighting with his brother for me!

"Tristan stop it! I'm not worth the violence! I'm not worth anything! I only bring trouble to everyone around me! This is the sole reason I wanted to kill myself! I don't want anyone of you get hurt because of me!" I yelled and completely breaking down at this stage, I started crying.

"What? Athena, no! You're completely worth more than anything else in this world! I'm love with you more than than anything else in the world. Nothing can replace you. Ever!" Tristan said with a concerned look. Suddenly the door opened and a group of guys entered the room with guns in their hands.

"Hey you all! Get your butts up and come with us!" a guy said pointing the gun at us and we all stood up. They took us outside the basement to a room which seemed to be like a living room.

A guy was sitting on a chair with a phone and from that I knew that we were kidnapped for ransom. They made us kneel down a few feet away and in front of the guy and asked us have our hands at the back. We did as they said.

"Tell me your parents' number." the guy grumbled, pointing towards Tristan.

"And what made you think I'd do that?" he asked him with a smirk.

"You will. If you don't, I'm taking this little beauty to my room." said the guy holding my chin. I immediately flinched and and started crying. Tristan mumbled several 'okays' under his breath and took the phone from his hand and dialed his dad, Chris.

"Dad, don't search for us. We'll bring Athena and come back home safely." he said to Chris and hung up the call. The guy in front of us slapped Tristan.

"Trying to be smart and heroic, are we?" he asked.

"No, trying to save your head from trouble." he said and snickered. The guy pulled out a gun and reloaded it.

 The guy pulled out a gun and reloaded it

*Tristan*

      I saw the guy reload his gun and I just snickered at him even more. He pointed the gun towards me and pulled the trigger. I was ready to dodge it when I heard someone grunt in pain and blood splashed on my face.

I turned around and saw Athie lying on my lap, blood gushing out from her back. I was about to open my mouth to speak but she interrupted me with a kiss. She kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away.

"I love you Tristan James Miller. Just remember that I'll always be with you and support you no matter what." she said weakly and closed her eyelids. Every fiber in my body wanted to tear that guy's head away from his body.

I screamed in anger and kicked the guy hard right in the balls. The other guys tried to shoot me and tried to beat us up but Tyson accompanied me to fight with those guys. I vented out all my anger on those guys and my cheeks were wet with tears.

"I love you too Athena Nancy Jones." I whispered while I picked her up on my arms. It broke my heart to see her lay unconscious on my arms. I rushed her to the hospital and she was admitted in the emergency ward. A few minutes later the doctor came out with her stethoscope in hand and looked at us worried.

"The bullet is stuck in her chest cavity and it might be hard for us to remove it. We need to perform a surgery. Please sign these forms for us to continue with the surgery." the doctor said handing out a set of papers to Alex, Athie's dad. he signed them and the doctor went inside the operation theatre. A few hour later the same doctor came out again.

"The surgery was a success and Ms. Jones is alright but she has lost a lot of blood and the hospital blood bank doesn't have the blood group needed right now. We need someone with the same blood group to donate blood. It'll be even better if it's a family member." the doctor said.

"Me! Me! I have the same blood group as Athena and she is my twin sister!" screamed Aria jumping up from her seat. The doctor took her in and after an hour or so, the doctor came out again with Aria. She looked relieved.

"Alex, Andy, I'm really sorry for not protecting Athie and not being there for her when she needed me the most. I don't deserve Athena. She deserves a far more better guy than me." I said tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Tris, no one deserves Athie more than you do. Even though you were not able to protect her a few times, you've saved her a lot of times by laying your life on the line. I think she just returned the favor by doing the same." said Andy trying to console me.

"But-"

"No buts. Remember the time when you were in the forth grade? You triplets and the twins were playing in the lawn when you stepped on a snake which was about to bite Athena. You saved her life without even thinking once about yours." Andy said tears filling her eyes.

"And the other time in the sixth grade? When you were playing football, the ball rolled to the road and Athie went to pick it up. A car was coming her way but you pushed her out of the way and got hit by the car. Now, it's her turn to return the favor. Please don't be sorry Tris." she said as she hugged me and Alex joined the hug.

The sound of door creaking open filled the silent room and the doctor stepped out.