Chapter (4)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     Oh my gosh! Tristan is coming to pick me up in less than an hour! But I'm still not ready. Ugh! What am I gonna do? Hell, I've never even been to a date. What if I end up making the day awkward? What if Tristan doesn't like my dress? What if I behave like my klutzy self again?

Alright, I don't have enough time to have a mini freak-out session. I'll ignore all the 'What-ifs' for now and get ready. I don't wanna look like a cavewoman in a modern dress in front of Tristan.

I can see him wearing a denim jeans, white t-shirt and a denim jacket through my room's window. I'm wearing a red cocktail dress that falls just above my knees and a side french braid leaving my bangs in the front.

I put on my makeup and went to check on Melody in the guest room and Ariana in her room. They were both ready and we went downstairs and started watching Stranger Things. Half-way to the episode and I realized the time is 7:45 pm. I gave a wake-up call to the other two and checked myself in the mirror on last time before opening the door.

We all went outside to see candle lights along the stone path to the guys' cars. We all went to our respective boyfriends' cars. Tristan smiled at me warmly before bowing and opening the passenger side door for me.

"Hello gorgeous!" Tristan greeted me and smiled at me making his dimple to appear. Cute.

"Hello handsome!" I said greeted back sarcastically and he pouted. Cute.

"Am I not handsome Athie?" he asked slightly sad. I laughed and I kissed him in the cheek.

"No, you're not handome." I said and he glared at me. "You're extremely handsome and hot if that's even possible." I said and his face lit up. I chuckled.

"That's more like it. Now let's go to McDonalds. Our food is waiting for us." he said smirking and I laughed. We reached McDonalds and saw Ariana and Melody waving to us from a table. We went over and I sat next to Melody across Tristan.

During the meal, my heart kept hammering in my chest to the point that it might come and fall in front me over the table. Don't even ask why. Tristan never took a look at his food instead he was looking at me like a child in a candy store.

Ugh! How did I fall in love with him again? Oh wait, fall in love? Am I really in love with Tristan? Wait, what the heck am I thinking? I'm 18 now and my dream is to go to Harvard and I know that Tristan's dream college is UCLA. We'll be almost 2600 miles away from each other and I know for sure that long-distance relationships don't make a 100% success.

Maybe we could figure this out. I believe in Him. I believe in Me. I believe in Us. So I must believe we could figure this out. Alright, we have a long time until college. Let's figure this out later. After the meal we all started talking about a few random things. It was around 9:30 pm when Tristan stood up.

"Hey come on Athie, I wanna take you to a place." Tristan said to me in a calm voice.

"Are you sure not gonna kidnap me and murder me?" I asked with a laugh and he just chuckled nodding.

We started to go somewhere near a mountain and Tristan drove up the mountain. He stepped out the car and opened the door for me. He covered my eyes with his palms and led me somewhere. When he opened my eyes, I was in for a shock.

There was a tent and carpet laid next to the tent with a food basket and other necessities like water and all. He led me to the carpet and we both sat there stargazing. When I realized the time, it was 11:45 pm. I started panicking and yelling at Tristan to drop me off at home. But he just sat calmly and chuckled.

"Why don't you just calm down and relax?" he said calmly.

"What?! It's almost midnight and my parents will be worried sick that I'm not home yet!" I yelled.

"Athie, just chill. Your parents know that you're staying together and that we'll be home tomorrow night. I also brought you a few clothes to change. Don't worry, I didn't even enter your room, your mom picked up the clothes and things for you. Now calm down alright?" he said with a grin.

That was when I felt relieved. I felt kinda cold and shivered so, Tristan removed his jacket and put it on me. I was staring into his emerald green eyes when I heard some popping sounds.

I turned around to fireworks. It read "HAPPY B'DAY ATHENA" and I swear I was about to burst into tears.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." Tristan said kissing my forehead.

"Whoa! That's so cool! And so touching. Thank you Tristan." I said smiling and staring in to his mesmerizing eyes. He was just inches away from my face and I could feel his breath on my face. He slowly leaned to kiss me and I kissed him back. We made out for like half an hour except for the breaks we took to catch our breaths.

"Hey, I feel sleepy and tired Tristan." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Then lets go into the tent." he said with  smile.

"What? Both of us in the same tent?" I asked with excitement. Are we gonna cuddle with each other?

"What? You're not comfortable with the both us sleeping in the same tent?" he asked nervously.

"No! I'm just asking out of curiosity." I replied shyly.

"Are you sure? I have another tent in hand if you feel uncomfortable I could just-" I cut him off by putting my hand on his mouth.

"I really don't mind. Okay? In fact, I'd love to cuddle with you to sleep." I said smiling. He smiled back and we went inside the tent. He kissed my forehead once more before falling asleep.

 He kissed my forehead once more before falling asleep