Chapter (12)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     It's been three months since I and Tristan have been away from each other and I'm miserable. I miss him, his touches, his sarcasm, his smirk his chuckle, argh! Why am I listing? I miss his everything!

School is boring without him in my life and everything in my life seems so colorless and lifeless. I don't have any reason to live. I feel so... Empty. I was in the cafeteria having lunch alone on a table at the very corner. Everyone in the gang except for Tristan and Tyson came and joined me.

Yeah, Tyson is also staying away from me. I missed my old gang. I looked at everyone and everyone was miserable like me. Seeing them like this made me even more miserable. I tried to smile but I simply couldn't. From the corner of my eye, I saw Tristan and Tyson on the other end of the cafeteria. I went up to them and spoke up right away.

"Hey uh, I-I want you guys to uh, accompany me somewhere." I blurted out. they looked at me confused and again turned to their food.

"We're not interested." they both said simultaneously and I blinked at them and stared before coming up with an excuse to take them with me.

"Bu-but I dropped my phone in the dangerous part of our neighborhood while running away from a dog and a few guys blocked me tried to harass me. I kicked one of them in the place where the sun don't shine and now they're searching for me to get revenge. I know you two learnt karate and I need you guys to come with me." I said putting on my best puppy dog eyes reaction I could. They took one look at me and sighed.

"Fine, we'll come." said Tristan still looking at his food. I jumped up in excitement and went back to my table and started eating as much as I could.

                                                                                      ※※※※※

The final bell rang and I rushed out of class to put my books in my locker. After putting my books in, I found the other two right behind me since the triplets' locker is across mine.

We walked out of the school building together and all the three of us were silent. Tyson was in between me and Tristan and I was walking by the roadside.

We were near the alley when suddenly I  heard a screech. Before I could understand what was happening a hand covered my mouth with a handkerchief and I struggled to get out of their grip. I also saw some men using their hands to cover Tristan and Tyson's mouth and before I knew it they were unconscious and I felt my eyes close soon.

                                                                                        ※※※※※

I opened my eyes and I saw Tristan and Tyson's worried faces. They both looked at me like I had broken all my bones from a two-feet fall. I slowly sat up and my head started to hurt.

"Ouch! It's starting again! Ugh, damn it!" I blurted out before I realized I said it out loud.

"What started again Athie?" asked Tristan, slightly confused. Whoa! It's the first time in three months!

"I-uh, it's um, nothing! It's nothing!" I said trying to cover up the fact I said something out loud.

"Come on! Don't lie to me! I can directly see through your lies." he said sternly.

"I have been having headaches for the past three months due to... uh, never mind!" I said smiling goofily. But he didn't seem convinced.

"You're going to tell me. Now!" he said. God! He looks so hot when he's angry. I wouldn't mind making him angry one more time. What am I thinking? Ugh! I mentally slapped myself and looked at his captivating green eyes.

"Fine! I've been having headaches for the past three months because of depression! Happy?!" I shouted at him and he seemed taken aback.

"D-depression? Why?" he asked me with deep sorrow like his love of the life had been murdered in front of him.

"Well, I wasn't able to get over you and I cried myself to sleep and starved myself more often and even attempted suicide." I said casually, showing him the scar on my left hand.

He looked at it shocked and then stood up and walked to a corner and sat there. I was sitting diagonally across him in the room which seemed to be like a basement.

I looked at my scar and kept on staring at it. Tyson was sitting beside me and hugging me since I was shivering from cold. He looked at Tristan.

"I was in love with Athie since forever. I was very much obsessed to pursue her. I tried to behave like you so that I could have some alone time with Athie. I know I shouldn't have done it but me kissing her helped me realize that I was just obsessed with her and the actual love that I had for Mel. I know that I have messed up everything and ruined your healthy relationship and I am sorry for that. From the bottom of my heart. I mean it. Please guys! Make up already!" he yelled.

Tristan and I were looking at him like he was some ghost. I didn't expect it to come out like this. Tristan doesn't know that he was in love with me.

"What?! You were the guy that was in love with Athie?" he asked completely taken aback. Gosh! This day should be called 'International Revelations Day'. A lot of revelations are coming out.

"Um, yes. Melody knows about this." he said nervously.

"Do you know about this Athie?" Tristan asked averting his gaze towards me.

"Uh, yup. I came to know about this at my birthday party. Mel told me about that." I said sadly.

"What?! Mel told you?!" Tyson asked shocked. "So, you knew about this all along?!" he asked with the same shocked tone. Tristan stood up.

Oh god! What's gonna happen?