Chapter (14)

*Tristan*

*Tristan*

     "Ms. Jones is awake." the doctor said with a warm smile. I couldn't be anymore relieved. I walked up to the door and peeped through it.

"Can we see her?" I asked the doctor and she nodded in agreement. I wanted to go see her at the last and make things right so, everyone went inside and spoke with her.

After they all were done, I slowly opened the door and saw Athie laying there weakly. I held her hands and she looked up at me weakly. It was so heartbreaking. I locked gazes with her.

"Athie, I'm really sorry for abandoning you when you needed me the most. I really regret the choice I made instead of talking it out. I'm really sorry." I said tears slipping my eyes.

"Will you do me the honor of making me the happiest living being alive by being my girlfriend? Again?" I asked with a small smile. Her eyes lit up with a glint of happiness.

"I sure will." she said grinning. I grinned back at her. Just then, Andy came into the room and saw us both.

"You both are grinning like idiots." Andy said as she chuckled. I tore my gaze away from Athie and glared at her.

"Andy! You just ruined the moment of reunion! That's not fair on your part!" I said holding my chest dramatically. And that cracked the mother-and-daughter duo. They laughed their asses off and Andy wiped a fake tear of her face.

"Tris, your face looks priceless!" Andy commented and laughed again. This time I joined her. After a few minutes of laughing, I turned to face Athie.

"Andy, can you give us a sec?" I asked her and she hummed in replied. I heard the door open and close behind me and once again, it was Me and Athie alone in the room.

I fixed gazes with her again and without knowing, I was leaning in close to her. Our faces were inches apart when she opened her mouth to speak.

"Are you going to kiss me now?" she asked with a mischievous smile.

"Oh god! You don't know how much I've been dying to do this for months." and saying that, I eliminated the space between our lips. I kissed her passionately and she kissed me back with more passion. We broke apart for air and Athie started gasping for air. I didn't understand what happened at the start but then realization slapped me hard.

"Athie! Are you alright?! What's wrong?! Answer me Athena! Doctor!! Doctor!!" I yelled and the doctor came in. She checked for her pulse rate and nodded her head and let out a heavy sigh.

"Mr. Miller. Please wait outside. Ms. Jones' pulse rate is going down. We need to check up on her." she said. And I immediately left the room. Moments later, the doctor came out and and looked at us sadly.

"We tried our best. I'm sorry, but Ms. Jones has passed away." the doctor said and everyone started bawling their eyes out. No, this had to be a lie. Athena can't leave me alone like that.

I can't survive without her. She promised me she wouldn't leave me forever. I won't let her go. I had to see her and make her tell me this is all a big fat lie.

I opened the door and walked in. She was there, her eyes closed and the heart rate monitor showed a straight line indicating she was dead. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Don't leave me Athena. I want, no, I need you. I need your smiles, your laughs, your sweet as honey voice, your kisses. I need you and your everything. You can't leave to me like that. You promised me that you wouldn't leave me forever. Please open you eyes." I said letting my tears roll down freely. I then heard someone laugh and opened my eyes to see who that lunatic was. But to my total shock, Athena was the one laughing. She laughed at me so hard that her cheeks and tummy might have been hurting a lot. "You really fell for it! I can't believe you fell for such a lame prank Tristan!" she said and cracked up again.

"You-you are laughing... And talking. Dead people are-aren't supposed to talk right?" I stuttered.

"Oh Tristan, did you think that you are the only one who could play scary pranks on me? I can also pull your leg even more scarier than you!" she said cracking up once more.

"And that... That look on.. Your face is... Is just... Priceless!" she said out amidst her laugh. I heard some more people crack up behind my back and turned around in shock to see the entire group standing by the door and laughing.

"Remember the time in ninth grade when we all watched The Conjuring together at your house at night and after the movie when I was about to sleep, you came jumped to my balcony and knocked my door. I opened the door and you scared me out of my wits by wearing a Halloween mask cause you knew I was cared of ghosts?" she said after laughing her heart out. "I just returned the favor. You know that I always give back twice that was given to me." she said shrugged.

"Oh? So would you return this favor?" I asked and without any delay I kissed her. After A few seconds, I pulled away and smirked at her.

She saw me with wide eyes and motioned for me to come near her. I went near her and closed my eyes knowing that she might kiss me given any moment.

But much to my disappointment, she just kissed me in the cheek. I gave her a questioning look and she chuckled.

"I was told to return the favor by kissing. You didn't specify that I should kiss you in the lips." she said with a lopsided smile. I kissed and rested my forehead on hers.

"I love you Athena." I said in a husky voice.

"I love you more Tristan." she replied and hugged me.

" she replied and hugged me