Chapter (8)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     I opened my eyes and looked around to find out that I was in the... Hospital? Why am I here? The last thing I remember is running away from Tristan and Tristan grabbing me to stop and then I started running away and... Oh yeah, I was running away and climbing down the stairs when I tripped on my gown and fell down the stairs. Yeah, now I remember.

I felt someone holding my hands, who was it? I leaned down and saw... Tristan holding my hands and sleeping on my lap. Cute. Wait what? I ran away from him and he is taking care of me? Oh what did I do to deserve such a loving guy? I'm so in love with him! When I tried to get up, I felt a sharp pain in head.

"Ouch!" I cried and Tristan woke up startled.

"Are you okay? Do you feel pain? How is your head? Do you feel anything weird? Do you remember me?" he asked his voice full of panic and concern.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up Tristan. My head is throbbing and I do remember you. I suppose I can't forget you even if I wanted to." I said and chuckled mildly which earned me another sharp pain from my head.

"I'm glad that you're okay and Athie? I'm sorry. I swear I'll never fight with you ever again." he said teary eyed. I knew this was genuine and those words were from his heart.

"It's alright, I feel really happy to know that you love me so much and I don't know what I did to deserve you." I said smiling. He chuckled.

"I'm the one who must have done a lot of virtues in my life to deserve yo-" I cut him out before he could say anything else by kissing him. He kissed me back and we pulled apart a few minutes later and laughed mildly.

"The doctor said that you should take rest. We'll go home after this bottle of IV drips are done." he said smiling.

"Alright alright. I'll do something until then." I said and looked him in the eye. I could say that he was scared, tired, worried, angry and concerned all at once. But... Why? He'll tell me if he wants to. I just scrolled through social media for sometime and the drips was done in fifteen minutes or so.

We both went back home and the first thing I did was drag Tristan to my room. We went there and I locked the door and then made him sit on my bed. He looked at me with surprise and I took a tuxedo from my closet. I gave it to him and he stared at me.

"Whoa! What is this?" he asked with an amused look.

"Oh nothing, it's just a tuxedo for my boyfriend. I picked it out myself. I believe he likes it." I said with a grin. He looked at it and grinned back at me. We both grinned at each other like idiots until we heard a knock on my door.

"Sweetie, your friends are here to see you, please open the door!" said my mom.

"Okay mom!" I yelled back and unlocked the door. Mel and Aria jumped in and gave me bone crushing hug and squealed in their skull-splitting voice.

"Athie! You're alright! You're fine! You're healthy!" they screamed in unison.

"Ouch! Ouch! Yeah yeah, I'm alright!" I said and pushed them. I turned around to look at Tristan and he was still staring at the tuxedo. Did he not like it?

"Um, Tristan, you're staring at it continuously. Do you dislike it?" I asked sadly. He blushed.

"I, Tristan James Miller, am officially in love with you and your everything!" he yelled and hugged me. Then he whispered in my ear.

"Ready for prom tonight?" he asked in a feeble whispering voice. Now it's my turn to blush.

"I-I... Of course I'm ready!" I yelled and ran out the room to the kitchen. I had some cupcakes from he fridge and tried to make sandwiches for the four of us. I was cutting the vegetables when I suddenly felt a strong pair of arms around my waist and a chin in the crook of my neck.

"My My, look at my Princess cutting veggies. You look more cute while cooking." he whispered in my ears. I became red in shyness and pushed him away.

"D-D-Don't do that! I'm losing focus!" I said and he smirked.

"Oh! You're blushing Athie. You look really cute. Awww." he said, pinching my cheeks. I swatted his hands away and started cutting veggies again. He jumped and sat on the countertop next to the place where I was cutting vegetables.

"Okay, enough icing. What do you wanna ask?" I asked with a sigh.

"What did you want to say to me last night?" he asked curiously. I stopped cutting the veggies and looked up at him.

"I know you're curious to know that, but it's not the right time to say. You might fight with with Ty- Never mind." I said with a sigh again.

"It's fine. I know you'll tell me when you want to." he said and left the kitchen. Did he suspect something? Why did he leave without saying anything? I know that he is the nosy type, but he didn't question me further. Is something wrong? Did I say something wrong? Irrelevant thoughts were popping in my head and I was carelessly cutting the veggies and suddenly, I cut my finger with the knife.

"Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ow! What the bloody hell?! Ow! Ow! Ow!" I was screaming in pain when Tristan rushed into the kitchen worried.

"What happened? Are you okay?" he asked concerned. I just nodded.

"It's okay, I'm fine. I just cut my finger with the knife." I said. He picked me up by my waist and I instinctively put my legs around him. His breath hitched and he made sit on the counter top. I still had my legs around him.

"Hey take your legs off me, will you? If you keep on holding me like this, then you're gonna pay for it." he said and I immediately withdrew my legs, blushing.

He washed my wound and put a bandage on my finger. He let me get down and the time was 3:30 pm now. The prom starts in three and half hours. He went to his house and I went to my room to get ready.

 He went to his house and I went to my room to get ready