Chapter (6)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     "What's going on here?" I asked to Ariana who was getting ready in her room.

"Oh Athie, mom and arranged a party for our birthday. Mom told that you're with Tristan and that you'd come before the party, I think Tristan knows about this." She said in a calm voice whilst brushing her hair.

"Oh, I think I was supposed to be surprised." I said while playing with my hair.

"By the way, did something happen between you and Tristan? You look so happy. Did you do that ?" she asked wriggling her eyebrows.

"What? No, nothing of that sort. We just made out a couple of times. First when we were stargazing when the clock struck midnight and he made wonderful fireworks which read HAPPY B'DAY ATHENA and second when we were taking a bath together in the waterfall this morning. That's all,  nothing else happened alright?" I said and went to my room to get ready.

When I opened the door, I saw a beautiful purple dress on my bed with a pair of diamond earrings and a wonderful heart-shaped diamond pendent. I don't know who got it for me, but I love them already.

                                                                                    ※※※※※

Finally! I'm ready, with a braided bun, the purple dress and diamond earrings, they look so cute. But I don't know if they look good on me. I went downstairs and saw all my classmates there. Tristan saw me and his jaw dropped.

"Holy Mother of Monkey Milk! Athena, you look gorgeous and those earrings and pendant do suit you well. Guess I didn't pick the ones that didn't suit my Princess." he said in awe.

"Oh my gosh Athena, you look like an angel. Who bought you that dress?" asked my father from behind me.

"What? You didn't buy me that? Then who did?" I asked in shock.

"I did." said a voice from behind Tristan. It was... Tyson? Why would he buy me a dress?

"May I know why you did that Tyson?" asked Tristan with pure anger.

"Of course. I bought it for my best friend's birthday which is Athena's birthday. I bought it for her because I wanted to." He said in a 'duh' tone. Tristan was clearly controlling his anger. He balled his fists and was ready for a fight. But before he could do something reckless, I pulled him in for a kiss to calm him down.

He kissed me back and I could feel his anger and all his tension going down. In the corner of my eye, I saw Tyson staring at the ground and balling his fists and I could swear that I saw a tear come from his eyes. 

He walked away from us after wiping his tears and dragged Melody to the restroom with him. I don't know what they did in there but when they came out, I saw Melody's lipstick on Tyson's lips and Melody seemed to be... Sad?

What the hell happened and why was Melody sad? I pulled away from Tristan and hugged and told him to wait for me in my room. After he left, I followed Melody to the fountain which is located outside our house in between the Miller and the Jones villas where she was bawling her eyes out. I sat beside her and put my hand on her shoulder. She turned around and after seeing me she cried even harder and hugged me.

"What the hell Melody? Why are you crying like this?" I asked with concern.

"Did you know that Tyson is in love with you?" she asked with a heart broken voice. It broke my heart to see her like this.

"What?! Tyson is in love with me?" I asked shocked.

"Yes. He told me about it just now and when I asked him why he agreed to be my boyfriend, he said that he agreed because he didn't want to hurt my feelings unnecessarily." she said and sniffled.

"Then why did he say it now? He could've at least told me when I asked Tristan out. He didn't even open his mouth to oppose!" I asked with sadness. Am I really so clueless that I can't even understand that two of the Miller brothers were in love with me for a long time?

"Because he says that it broke his heart when you kissed Tristan in front of him and he didn't want to lose your friendship by saying that he is in love with you." she said and she broke down once more. I didn't know how to comfort her. So I let her cry her heart out.

 So I let her cry her heart out

*Tristan*

     Why isn't Athena back yet? Did something happen to her? She's not here downstairs, is she outside? Maybe she wants some fresh air, that's why she left, I'll go accompany her.

"Because he says that it broke his heart when you kissed Tristan in front of him and he didn't want to lose your friendship by saying that he is in love with you." said someone. Oh wait a minute, I recognize this voice. It's Mel's.

Why is she crying and who is she talking to? I peeped hiding from behind a pillar and saw... Athena? What the freaking hell? Who is the he in their conversation? Who is the guy that is in love with Athena?

What is going on? Should I appear in front of them and ask what's happening? No, that would be nosy, I'll investigate it myself. I then saw Mel crying in Athie's arms and Athie was rubbing her back to comfort her.

I'll go back and pretend like nothing happened so that Athie wouldn't suspect me. I should do something about this guy soon. I hope he wouldn't ruin our relationship. This is really going to be a big problem than expected.

 This is really going to be a big problem than expected