Chapter (15)

*Athena*

*Athena*

     It's been a week since I was discharged and the final exams are over. Today, I would be getting my acceptance letter and I'm excited. Yippee!!!

I was going home with Tristan in his car and when we reached home, I immediately checked the letterbox. There were five letters, two from Harvard and three from UCLA.

I went to my room with all the letters in hand and our gang of eight were gathered there. I ripped open all the letters at the same time and seven pairs of anxious eyes were staring at me. I opened the first letter from Harvard. It was for me!

"Dear Athena Nancy Jones, We are proud to inform you that you have been accepted to join the University of Harvard from this year!" I squealed in excitement and happiness as I opened the next letter from Harvard, I was shocked to the core.

"Uh, Tristan, by any chance, did you mistakenly send your form to the wrong college?" I asked confused and and the other six were staring at Tristan for an answer. His reaction seemed pretty calm.

"No I didn't" he said casually.

"But, you've got an acceptance letter from... Harvard." I asked him even more confused. He smiled at me.

"Yes, I sent the form to Harvard and got accepted." he said shrugging.

"B-but why?" I asked even more confused.

"Maybe because, I want to be with my girlfriend." he said smiling at me. I was dumbfounded at that. He pushed away the dream of going to UCLA to be with me? My eyes started tearing up and I looked at him feeling guilty.

"Y-you don't have to push your dreams away for me." I said my voice cracking because of the tears.

"You are my dream and my ambition is learning business, it doesn't matter where I study it." he said hugging me and wiping my tears.

"F-fine" I said hugging him and reading the letter further. "What? We're roommates?" I asked in shock as I showed it to him.

"Um, yeah. Duh." he said. "I specially requested the management to put us both in the same dorm room." he said grinning. I couldn't be more happier. I mean, I and my boyfriend are in the same college, same dorm room. What else is needed to lead a happy college life?

I opened the other letters which were from UCLA. The letters were for Aria, Tyson and Toby. They were all accepted. I felt my phone buzz and saw the caller ID to be Mel. I picked up the call.

"Hey Mel! I've got accepted into Harvard!" I squealed.

"Yay! I also got accepted at UCLA!" she squealed back.

"We should have video meetings every weekend and you know what? Tristan and I are roommates!" I said and she screamed in joy.

"Hey, even I and Tyson are roommates, and you know what? He said that he loved me and asked me to be his girlfriend today!" she squealed and it was my turn to scream in joy.

I nudged Tyson with my elbow mouthing 'Melody' to him and he blushed! Omigod! I'm so happy for them! We talked for a while and I hung up after seeing the annoyed expressions of everyone in their faces. Just as I hung up, I heard Eric jump up, beaming with happiness.

"What's up Eric? And Alan, you also seem to be very happy!" I asked them.

"We got accepted at Harvard and we're roommates!!!" they said in unison.

"Wow! I'm so happy for you!" I said and hugged them. Suddenly I felt someone tug my arm and pull me back and I landed on Tristan's lap.

"Enough hugging. You're hugging them for way too long." he said looking away from me. I glared at him.

"Come on Tristan! You're being way too possessive now! You know we've promised never to let our relationship come between our gang!" I said pouting.

"Fine." he muttered and let go of me. I stood up to my feet and went to my bathroom to wash my face. Everyone were talking and laughing outside in my room.

I opened the tap and was about to wash my face when I felt someone pull me to their chest by my waist. I saw Tristan in the reflection of mirror. He kissed on my neck and I giggled.

"Come on Tristan, you know better than that. You didn't have sneak into the restroom to make out." I said chuckling.

"Alright. Fine. You mean that I should get out of here and start working on new tactics to make you kiss me. Right?" he said looking at the ground.

"Um, yeah, kind of. I believe this trick of yours doesn't affect me anymore so, think of a new one baby." I said chuckling and winking at him. He sighed and left the bathroom. Oh, poor thing!

                                                                                  ※※※※※

"Yeah! I checked everything! For your kind information, you're asking this for the umpteenth time Tristan! And mom!" I yelled from the front yard. Yeah, so I, Tristan, Eric and Alan are leaving for the college today.

We're packing our stuff to move in to the dorm rooms. Aria, Toby, Tyson and Mel have already left for college a week ago and they promised to call us everyday and have a zoom call every weekend.

College starts tomorrow and to say that I'm excited would be an understatement. I hope college turns out well... Good enough. Tristan loaded the last box into the cart which is locked to the back of Tristan's car.

We all had a goodbye bear hug together and waved goodbye as I got in the passenger seat and Tristan got to the front seat. Eric and Alan were sitting at the back seat bickering about whether they should have a chandelier in their room or not.

Boys!! They can be really annoying at times. I tell you!!

And like it or not, favorable or not, college started off really good and I really hope I pass with good grades so that I can pursue my dreams of being a fashion designer!