Chapter 15

"That's funny coming from the guy that is breaking into her apartment just because she isn't answering your phone call," Owen said calmly. "Last I checked, breaking and entering is not the way to treat a woman unless you are trying to scare her."

"Or it shows that I'm caring about her safety," Sheriff Jones shot back, "what if she was hurt?"

"What if she was sleeping or in the shower?" Sean threw back. "You are the one that doesn't know how she deserves to be treated."

"Tell me Jones," North said crossing his arms, "How did you think she would react to you just walking into her apartment? I bet she wouldn't be too happy especially with the way you were treating her last night."

"I was treating her just fine until you came along," He growled.

"Leaving bruises and constantly harassing her into something she doesn't want to do isn't treating her fine," Owen said fixing his tie.

"And kidnapping her and leaving her in that fortress with strangers is?" The sheriff shot back.

"Who said she was at our what did you call it fortress with strangers?" Owen asked with no emotion which just pissed the sheriff off even more.

"I know you have her Blackbourne," he glared. "She only goes to work and here other than the occasional charity event. I will have her for the ball tomorrow."

"No you won't," Owen said matter of fact. "She has already made it clear that she does not want to go, so she will not be attending."

"That's what you think," He said taking a step forward so he was face to face with Owen. North came up right behind him.

"I don't think, I know," Owen said with that icy stare of his.

The sheriff grabbed Owen's shirt and said, "Get this straight right now Blackbourne, Lisa is mine. Once she finds out what all of you are she will run and I will be there to catch her. She will be mine."

"Let go of him right now," North said as he waited.

"Or what?"

Owen reached out and hit the sheriff in the throat effectively cutting off his air supply. The sheriff dropped and grabbed his throat gasping. Owen straightened his shirt and tie then said with determination, "She will not be attending the charity ball tomorrow and if you know what is best for you, you will leave her alone."

"Any longer and his brain will become affected," Sean said watching everything.

"Fine," Owen sighed and hit his pressure points again to open up the airway. He turned to walk away.

"You fucking asshole," the sheriff gasped as he got up and swung, catching Owen off guard and hitting him in the back of the head.

Owen turned and punched the sheriff. Pretty soon a fight ensued.

"Enough!" The sheriff said after North picked him up and tossed him away from Owen. He spit out blood and wiped at his busted lip. Owen stood and shook his knuckled which were cut from punching the sheriff in the mouth. "This isn't over Blackbourne." He stormed out of the apartment.

"Get Mr. Coleman and whoever else is available, I want all her stuff packed away now, I don't trust him to leave this alone," Owen said as he touched his busted lip and saw there was blood on it. North grabbed his phone and made the call.

"Do you think he will try something at the mansion?" Sean asked as he looked over Owen's face. He could already tell North just had some bruises.

"He is certainly stupid enough to try," Owen said as he forced himself not to wince at the cut above his right eye. "I won't enforce a lockdown though, that will just scare her even more after she finds out about this." He looked around and shook his head, "What have you figured out?"

Sean shook his head, "This Dr. Smith is definitely messing with her mind by giving her both Klonopin and Zoloft. No right doctor would prescribe both of them at the same time unless they wanted to mess with their patient's mind. Those lists just show that the doctor is well aware that the klonopin is affecting her anxiety and depression and causing confusion and dizziness. I'm sure her mind is so muddled in the morning it's really no wonder that it's upsetting her stomach to the point it's making her sick and not wanting to eat. Of course she feels better later on in the day because it's out of her system and I'm sure her anxiety about taking them again is what's causing her to not want to eat since they have to be taken with food. It's a mess for sure, Owen." Sean sighed as North came back over to them.

"They are on their way. Silas sent some pictures as well," North said hanging up his phone.

Sean and Owen grabbed their phones and saw the pictures of Lisa drawing. He even sent a short video of her bobbing her head to whatever music she was listening to while sketching and biting her lip subconsciously.

"Let's go home once they get here," Sean smiled and Owen nodded.

"We will have to get cleaned up before checking on her," Owen said. "I will talk to her to see if she will be comfortable about talking about what may happen tonight."