Chapter 40

Lisa twirled Victor's pencil as she laid on the hotel bed on her back and sighed. She looked over at the guys stuff that she took out of their rooms that now lay on the top of the hotel dresser. She put the pencil with the rest of stuff and smiled softly. She knew she should stay away from them right now since Miguel was hunting her down but she was so drawn to them. She sighed and looked at the clock, it was three in the morning, they should be asleep. Maybe she can visit them just one more time before she headed to the address the last man of his told her before she stabbed him in the neck.

She detested the fact she was turning more and more into her parents but at least this was justice for the guys and not just out of greed. She got into Raven's car and headed to their new place. She had to admit she felt like a creep stalking them but she had to make sure they remained safe while she hunted down everyone that was tied to Miguel.

She pulled up to their new place and sighed, her heart warmed at the mansion. It felt like home and while that hurt her it also gave her comfort that they had little mementos of her throughout the place. She parked the car and headed over to the fence. She climbed over and looked around. She headed over to the tree by the library and started climbing it.

"What the fuck?" She whispered when she noticed the window was left open. She climbed in and looked around in panic. "What the fuck?" she whispered again as she pulled out her mermaid rainbow pocket knife. Max came bouncing in and she knelt down to hug him. "Hi Maxy," she breathed as she ran her fingers through his fur. "Why is the window open?" She asked him as she pulled his bone out of her small backpack that held her stuff that wouldn't fit in her pockets. "Has to be okay if Maxy is okay," she whispered as she looked around but made sure to keep a tight clasp on her knife.

She glanced around the library and saw there was new book in the collection that wasn't there last time. Ghost Hunters: True Stories from the world's most famous demonologists By Ed and Lorraine Warren she grabbed it and slipped it into her bag then slipped out into the hallway. She checked and everyone was asleep. She sat with each one for a few minutes watching them sleep and gently touching their faces as if she was trying to memorize them and engrain them into her heart.

Just as she was about to leave Norths' room she spotted her Yogi bear. She walked over and picked it up. She figured she had a few minutes to spare. She sat on the floor and started hugging it while rocking back and forth. Her emotions started to overcome her and a few tears slipped free. She clung to her bear and silently sobbed. Before she realized it she cried herself to sleep.

North woke up then instantly sat up. He grabbed his phone and sent a group text Get the FUCK in here now and be FUCKING silent!

His door crept open and Luke stuck his head in. He jolted back and slapped his hand over Gabe's mouth as Gabe walked in. His eyes grew to be as big as saucers and slapped Luke. Luke pulled him over to North's bed and they sat down. They raised their hands like When and North shook his head. The rest of the team walked in and looked down shocked. Silas grabbed a blanket out of North's closet and carefully covered her up. Sean walked around and looked her up and down.

They debated over waking her and just letting her get some sleep. "Let her sleep," Sean whispered. "If her night terrors are as bad as she wrote then she needs it."

They silently slipped out of the room and headed downstairs. "I can't fucking believe she is here," Gabe whispered loudly as they entered the kitchen. Marc started making coffee for everyone while Luke got started making breakfast.

"I wonder how long she has been here," Silas muttered as he watched Max walk in proudly with a bone in his mouth. "Too bad you can't tell us, Max."

Everyone turned to see Max carry his bone then lay down beside Kota. Kota took the bone out of his mouth, look the bone over, then give it back to Max. "Based on how much meat is barely left on this bone, I would say she's been here a couple of hours. You know how he goes to town on these."

"Alright breakfast is ready," Luke said as he finished making scrambled eggs. "The toaster is out if you want toast and yogurt is in the fridge. I'm making Cupcake hot chocolate when she wakes up."

They ate breakfast then after cleaning up they headed back upstairs to check on her. North opened his door and everyone looked in shocked. Yogi bear was back in the chair, the blanket was on the bed and the spot where she was laying was now empty.