Chapter19

"I'm Axel," he said softly. "I'm your friend."

"Bed," She mumbled after he helped her rinse her mouth out.

"Okay, let's get you back in bed," he nodded as Marc went to start coffee.

"We're so taking the fucking day off," Gabe growled as he made his way into the kitchen.

Sean followed Axel as he helped her to the guest room where her stuff was. "There you go Doll, back in bed," he said softly as he helped her lay down.

"Check list," She slurred slightly as she closed her eyes.
"You don't need to check the list," Sean said as he helped her roll onto her stomach and started rubbing her back. "You just need to get some more sleep."

"Mmmm" She hummed in appreciation and he smirked. He sat beside her and kept rubbing her back until she drifted back to sleep.
Sean yawned and Marc walked in with two cups of coffee, "Thank you," Sean beamed as he took a drink. "It's going to be a long day."

"Yeah, that was definitely something," Marc nodded.

"Hey Doc," Gabe asked softly as he walked in. "Is she going to keep having these since you got rid of the night terror medicine? Can you give her something else so she doesn't have to keep going through this?"

"I don't know honestly Gabe," Sean shook his head, "I will definitely be looking into it though. I also want to look into her dosage of her Zoloft once I know for sure the Klonopin is out of her system."

They quietly stood and left the room. About an hour later they heard her alarm go off. "Why the fuck is her alarm going off?" Gabe asked as it shut off.
"She probably thinks she's going to work," Sean said as he stood. "I need to go check on her." He walked over to her room and knocked on the door. "Pookie, can I come in?"

"Sure Sean," She called out and he opened the door to find her brushing her teeth.
"How are you feeling?" he asked as he leaned against the doorframe and watched her.

"Exhausted," She said after she rinsed her mouth out.

"Then why don't you get back in bed and get more sleep?" he asked and she shook her head.

"I have to go to work, it's going to be a busy day," She sighed then yawned. "I just need some coffee and a few energy drinks throughout the day and I'll be fine."

"Can you try and eat something please?" Sean asked and she nodded. "Do you remember this morning talking to Axel?"

She thought about it and paled, "Oh my god, yes, I need to apologize," She said softly. "I can't believe I forgot him for a little bit."

"It's okay Pookie," Sean said softly. "He knows it was due to the night terrors you had last night."

"So I did have them?" She asked and sighed in defeat. "I was so hoping I was just dreaming about it. I'm so sorry about last night."

"It's okay," Sean said as he held her hands. "I learned a lot about your terrors and we can try and figure out a way to help you with them."

"If you say so," She shrugged, "I need to get dressed for work."

"Okay," Sean nodded. "Are you sure you won't stay home and rest? You really need it."

She shook her head. "I need to work Sean."

"Okay but I want a couple of us to go with you since you are tired and because of the sheriff," Sean said with concern in his voice.

"I will be okay," she shook her head.

"Even if you say now," Owen said as he came into the room, "knowing the guys, they will just show up and stay anyway."

"Don't you all have work?" She asked confused.

"Not all of us," Axel said shaking his head. "Brandon and Corey are off today."
"I'm so sorry about earlier Axel," She said while looking at her feet. "I do remember you, my head was just really fuzzy earlier."

"I know Doll," Axel said softly. "Now can a few of us stay with you please for your safety?"

She looked between him, Owen, and Sean with a mix of confusion and awe then sighed, "If all of you think it is best, then I will."

"We do," She looked past them to see the rest of the group in the entrance of the room.

"Ok, if you say it's best," She nodded. "Now I have to get dressed, where is my bag?"

"You have clothes hanging up," Owen said, "Mr. Coleman put them up yesterday. We will go prepare breakfast. What would you like?"

"Toast," She said softly. "I don't have an appetite."

"That's fine, at least you are trying," Sean nodded, "we appreciate it very much. Thank you."

She smiled then blushed and looked down, "You're welcome."

Owen motioned for everyone to leave and once she shut the door, she sighed and shook her head. Those guys were making her head and heart very confused.