Chapter 35

Lisa watched as the guys went their separate ways and melted into the darkness. She was terrified but tried to remain calm because she knew it wouldn't do any good to go into a panic attack right now. Every once in a while, she would hear a door open then shut and it terrified her. She couldn't see her hand in front of her yet North seemed to know exactly where he was going.

They reached the top of the stairs and Sean sighed, "Keep going, I have to check his stitches."

"We can wait," North shook his head but Sean shook his head.

"Owen said to get her to the room, so go," Sean protested. "We will be right behind, I just need to make sure they are okay."

"Fine but if you aren't there within five minutes of me getting there I'm coming looking for you," North said and Sean nodded.

"You got it," he said as he pulled his phone out and turned on the flashlight. "Go."

North growled but turned and started down the hallway. Every time there was a bang he would tell her that it was just the trees hitting the window, and while sometimes that was true he knew other times it was a fight. As much as he wanted to go check on his brothers, he knew he needed to protect Lisa at all costs. He knew how tough his brothers were so he tried not to worry, they were the Mafia Kings for a reason. They could take just as much as they dish out if not more. He turned the corner and headed down the hallway. She was shaking in his arms and he hated it. He wanted to calm her down but he couldn't lie to her either.

"I'm sorry North," She whispered and he froze for a second.

"What for?" he whispered back while keeping his eyes peeled.

"Because Miguel is after me," she explained. "None of this wouldn't have happened if not for me."

"That's not true, we've been after the cartel for years," he said softly. "We would have ran into him no matter what. Now it's just personal because he's trying to take you away from us and that isn't going to happen, okay?"

"Why do you think he killed Sheriff Jones if he was working for him?" She asked after a few more minutes of silence.

They walked into a room and North headed to the bookcase.

"People like Miguel kill their help after they are no longer of any use," North tried to explain as he felt for a certain book. "The sheriff did want he was require and then most likely told Miguel where you were so he was no longer needed and so Miguel probably killed him since he was a loose end."

Just then North was shoved forward and Lisa gasped as her back hit the bookcase. She dropped her bear as North let go of her and shoved back to land on top of whoever had grabbed him. "North," She reached out for him but couldn't see her hands in front of her.

"Run!" North shouted as he started wrestling with the person on the floor.

Lisa got up and ran. She bumped into different things but she just got up and ran. She found the door and yanked it open. She heard more fighting in the distance, if North was fighting with someone in that room then who were the rest of the guys fighting with? Did Miguel have other people with him? Of course he did, he would have brought back up if he knew where she was, he wasn't stupid he knew he would need help getting her while also dealing with all the guys. She had no idea where she was going but North told her to run so that was what she was going to do. She remembered there was a barn in the backyard, maybe she could run there and hide in the loft. She just had to make it there.

She heard Uncle shouting and then there was popping sounds echoing throughout the mansion that she recognized too well as gun shots. She covered her mouth to prevent the screams from escaping. She couldn't panic and worry about who was shooting, she had to get to safety, the guys were depending on it and she couldn't let them down. She could panic and have a breakdown later. She closed her eyes for a second and thought back to the training her parents force her to go through in case they were ever raided. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She opened her eyes and she could see just a little bit of dimension. She turned and found her way to a room that had a balcony. She quickly looked around the room then rushed over to the doors. She quietly opened the glass doors and stepped outside into the rain. She reached the balcony and pushed her hair out of her face even though it was no use the wind just kept whipping it around. She grabbed the hair tie on her wrist and tried pulling it back but then gave up, she had more important things to worry about. She put one leg over and looked down, she was on the third floor but there was a trellis on the side she just had to reach and she could safely climb down. She started to turn to get back on the balcony when someone grabbed her arm with so much force she knew it was instantly bruised.

"Found you Sobrina," she turned to look in to the pitch black eyes of her uncle Miguel.