Chapter 17

Silas picked her up and carried her downstairs into the media room where she saw everyone else was already waiting. He sat down and even though she wanted to cuddle she knew she needed strength so she peeked over to Owen.

He was watching her and instantly noticed that she had shrank into herself when she realized she was surrounded by everyone. He had told Sean to go get her bear then when she looked up at him scared he started to walk over to her and Silas. She held her arms out to him and he picked her up. She instantly wrapped her legs around him waist and arms around her neck. "Dr. Green is going to go get your bear," he whispered into her ear as he sat at his desk. She hummed in appreciation as he moved her hair out of her face. Sean reappeared and handed her the bear and she smiled softly at him.

"So, what's going on?" Kota asked as Max came and sat beside Owen and Lisa.

"Miss Thompson will be staying with us for a little bit," Owen said he rubbed her back. "The sheriff has gotten an unhealthy obsession with her, to the point of breaking into her apartment just a little while ago because she wasn't answering his phone calls. He has it set in his mind that she will be attending the charity ball with him tomorrow even though she has refused him multiple times. He knows that she is here so we need to be vigilant. I will not put it past him to do something especially tomorrow."

"How long will she be here?" She heard Victor ask.

"It is to be determined," Owen said. "That be said, some events may transpire tonight and possibly future nights that you need to be aware of."

"What are you trying to say Mr. B?" Silas asked.

"It is best of Miss Thompson explains," Owen said rubbing her back.

"Um...I...um...," she tried to say while sitting up and looking at Owen's shirt. She clutched her bear and tried again. "I...um....take.....medicine."

"We know that Baby," North said. "What is the medicine for?"

"It's....it's....it's," She sighed in frustration.

"Is it for your panic attacks Trouble?" Gabe asked. "That's not a big fucking deal, I suffer from them all the time."

She shook her head, "That's not all," She whispered as she clutched her bear. "I have...I have...I can't," She burst into tears. Owen hugged her tightly. "It's okay Darling," he saw most of them look at him shocked but kept their mouths shut. "Do you remember Dr. Green and I told you we all have gone through horrible childhoods, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I promise you no one will make fun of you for what your medicine is for and remember what Dr. Green told you about it?"

She calmed down and sniffled, "He said he wants me to stop taking one of the medicines because it might be what's making me sick and the doctor knew it," she said in between sniffles and hiccups.

"What?" The rest of the team asked shocked and mad.

She hid back in Owen's chest. "You can tell them Darling, I promise it will be okay. Can we try something?" She nodded. "Close your eyes, hug your bear and let's play twenty questions."

"Okay," She said softly.

Sean motioned for them to remain quiet. Owen started, "What's your favorite movie?"

"Nightmare Before Christmas. Why does everyone call you Mr. B?" She asked softly as she felt his tie and started playing with it.

"Because I prefer being formal, it's the way I have always been but I will let you call me Owen if you want. What is your favorite color?"

"I have multiple, black, cerulean blue, sea foam green, blood red, dark purple, and amethyst purple. What is yours?"

"Steel grey," he said softly.

"Like your eyes?" She asked and he nodded.

"Favorite food?" he asked.

"Pepperoni pizza with black olives and depending on my mood either bbq sauce or alfredo sauce instead of marina, buffalo boneless wings, and chef salad with cucumbers but no tomatoes, I'm allergic. Oh and no nuts, I'm allergic to that also. Or sesame chicken with lo mein noodles and egg drop soup. It just depends on my mood. A lot really depends on my mood," She said softly. "Is that okay?" She asked scared and nervous.

"Of course it is," he nodded. "What is it about books that you love?"

"They let me escape reality," She said softly as she kept playing with his tie. He really wanted to straighten and fix it but he forced himself to restrain from doing so since it was giving her some peace. "Do you like to read?"

"Yes but Mr. Lee has more passion for books than any of us. What is your medicine for?"

"Anxiety, depression, PTSD, and Night terrors," She said softly. "Why does Sheriff Jones say I need to stay away from all of you?"

"Because he wants you to himself," Owen sighed. "He wants to force you into a relationship and because we don't tolerate his behavior. That and because our work can sometimes be dangerous."

"Just please be careful," she said softly. "I may not really understand what is going on but I wouldn't like it if any of you got hurt. I just hope my problems don't become too much of a problem."

"They won't be Pookie," Sean said coming over to them. "We all deal with something, I promise."

"So since no one else is going to ask I will," Gabe blurted out. "What the fuck is going on with this fucking doctor and this medicine shit?" She tensed up and he sighed, "Oy Trouble, you need to fucking learn how I fucking talk. I'm on medicine for anxiety so it really fucking pissing me off that this fucking doctor knew your meds are fucking with you and not doing anything about it."

"Oh he is," North growled as he passed around her lists. The room growled as they each read them.

She hid her face in Owen and he made them be quiet. "So what's the plan?" Kota asked.

"She isn't going to take her klonopin tonight since it can actually increase her anxiety, depression, and PTSD," Sean explained. "I think it is what is making her so sick and confused in the mornings."

"So what could happen with her not taking it?" North asked.

"She may start having night terrors again," Sean sighed.

"What does that mean exactly?" North asked.

"It's like nightmares times a hundred. She will scream, fight if we try to restrain her, sob, shake, sweating, gasping, it varies with each person," Sean explained. "She didn't want to tell you at first but we thought it would be best incase she does scream you don't break down her door and scare her even more than she will already be."

"We will help her anyway we can," they said in unison.

"I'm thinking a fucking sleepover is needed in the media room," Gabe smirked.