Chapter 21

Brandon put his finger to his lips and she nodded. He pulled out his phone and sent a group text letting them know that the sheriff arrived at the book store.

"Why are you here Henshaw? Where is Lisa?" Sheriff Jones asked again as he glared down at Corey.

"She's sick," Corey said with a bored tone as he went back to typing on the computer. "I was off so I offered to run the store for her since she said it will be busy. With the people coming in I take it she was correct about today so if you will please excuse me."

"I know you are lying," Sheriff glared at him as he stepped to the side to let a lady come up with a book.

"Actually I am not," Corey shrugged after taking the woman's card and swiping it for her. He gave her the receipt and told to have a good day. "She was throwing up when I left this morning to cover for her. Doc said it looked like she had a stomach virus and would need to rest for a couple of days or she could end up in the hospital."

"Don't think I won't check with Dr. Green myself on her," Sheriff stormed out the store and Corey sighed then went back to checking out the people that were forming a line.

"I think it's best if you go back to the house incase he shows up again," Brandon said softly. "You need to try and get a little nap in also."

She sighed then yawned, "Okay if you think you and Corey can handle today or if Kota doesn't mind joining or swapping one of you out, only if Owen and Dr. Sean agree," She yawned again.

Brandon pulled out his phone and told them what happened. "I agree with Brandon Pookie," Sean said, "You need to rest and I think Jones will try to stop by here to see if you really are sick."

"I have no problem coming up there and helping out the twins," Kota said in the background. "I'll head up there now."

"I will come get you Pookie," Sean said grabbing his car keys, "I will meet you in the back." Brandon hung up the phone then sent Corey a text to let him know what was going on. "Corey said he doesn't mind staying here to cover, makes his lie more legit looking." She closed her eyes and leaned against him. He smiled softly and held her until about ten minutes later when Sean said was in pulling into the back. "Come on Babe, Doc is here to pick you up."

She nodded and they headed to the back. She got into Doc's car and they drove off. Once they got to the mansion Sean took her inside and had her lay in her bed, "I have to take care of a few things at the hospital so I want you to stay in this room and try and get some sleep please. I will come by and check on you when I get back from my shift. Someone will be in a little bit with some soup and crackers. You had a hard night last night plus your body is trying to adjust to not having the klonopin, please just try and rest." He spotted her bear and gave it to her then kissed her forehead.

She yawned and nodded, "Where's Owen?" She asked softly and Sean smirked.

"He is at his office but I am sure he will be here as soon as he is done with whatever he has to do today," He said as he gently rubbed her back. "I have a feeling with you here Pookie he will FINALLY be home more and less overworking himself."

"You're silly," she yawned. She got quiet and Sean thought she was starting to drift off to sleep when she opened her chocolate eyes and looked at him with fear radiating out of her, "I'm scared Dr. Sean."

"Of what?" He asked curiously.

"I don't want to go to sleep," She whispered and he nodded.

"Do you think you will feel slightly better if someone was laying with you?" He asked and she curled into her bear even more.

"I thought you said everyone was working besides Corey and Brandon and now they are at the bookstore with Kota even taking off work to go over there," she whispered and he saw a few tears slip free. "I'm becoming too much trouble like I knew I would." She said it so softly he almost didn't hear it and it broke his heart to hear her say it. He had to let Owen know.