Chapter 34

"What?" Lisa asked pulling away from North. It started raining and she clung to North. She hated storms.

"Good fucking riddance," Gabe muttered as he played with Lisa's hair.

"Footage?" Victor asked and Uncle pulled up his phone.

Corey made it go onto the TV and they watched as Sheriff Jones pulled off the janitor outfit and tossed everything into the dumpster. He turned just as someone walked into the alley effectively blocking him in. There was some conversation then the man pulled out his gun and shot the sheriff in the chest three times. The guy turns and Lisa gasps.

"Who is it?" Owen asked and she started shaking as the wind started to blow causing the trees to hit the windows at times. The thunder sounded like it was getting closer.

"Tio Miguel," She said clinging to North even more. "He's after me. Please tell me I'm hallucinating again. Please no."

"I'm sorry Baby but you're not," North said rubbing her back. "But I promise you he won't get you."

Just then the power cut out and she screamed. "It's okay, it's probably from the storm," Owen said as thunder hit above them, shaking the windows.

"I'll go get the flashlights," Marc said and she screamed.

"No, don't leave," She reached out to grab him.

"It's okay Beautiful, I'll be okay, I promise," he said squeezing her hand.

"No, it's him, I know it," she shook her head. "Don't go, please don't go."

"I promise Beautiful, it's okay, it's just from the storm, the power will come back on in just a little bit," Marc said calmly. "But we will need flashlights so we don't bump into anything."

"Just use the ones on your phones, please," She pleaded.

"Actually my phone is about to die," Gabe said holding his up, "I forgot to charge it earlier."

"Mine too," Luke admitted.

"See, we need to go get the flashlights," Marc smiled softly. "I promise I will be right back."

"He will be okay," Brandon smiled, "I will go with him, okay Babe?"

"They will be okay," Nathan nodded.

"Okay," She pouted, "Just hurry back, please."

"You got it Babe," Brandon smiled and they disappeared into the darkness.

The windows continued to rattle and North kept rubbing her back to try and help calm her down. All of a sudden there was a commotion in the darkness then a thud. The guys looked at one another and she clung even tighter to North.

"It's him," She tried not to burst into tears.

"Brandon's clumsy," North said trying to remain calm, "He probably just tripped over something."

"You think so?" She asked terrified.

"Probably," Axel nodded. "I'll go check on them."

"Come on Baby," North said shifting to hold her a little better. "Let's go wait for them in the study."

"How will they know that's where we are?" She asked clutching her Yogi Bear tight.

"Because we always hang out in the study during a storm," Luke said looking around.

"The gate's locked, right?" She asked in North's ear and he ran his fingers through her hair as they sat down on the couch.

"Yes Baby, the gate's locked," he said looking at the group.

There was a loud bang on the study doors making her jump. Uncle got up and headed to the door. Just as she was saying no Uncle opened the door and Marc fell into the doorway bleeding. "There's a breach," he gasped as he clutched his stomach.

"Shit," Sean gasped as he fell to his knees and pressed his hands to Marc's stomach. "What happened?"

Marc groaned, "It was pitched black, I don't know. I was opening the drawer that held the flashlights when I was hit in the back of my head. I fell and Brandon started fighting whoever it was. They ended up knocking Brandon out and stabbed me."

"Where's Axel?" Raven asked and Marc gasped as Sean started stitching him up.

"I didn't see Axel," Marc groaned.

"It's Miguel," Lisa whimpered.

"I kill him," Raven growled as he reached for his gun.

"Don't Raven," Owen shook his head. "It's too dark and you might accidentally hit Mr. Henshaw or Mr. Toma if they come back in here. Get her to the panic room." Owen said as he looked at Uncle. "You might want to let your guys know what's going on here."

"I tried, I have no signal," Uncle said as he held up his phone.

"Panic room won't do any good if there's no power," Luke said shaking his head.

"The generator to the panic room is different than the one to the house," Owen said grabbing his gun. "Get her there and someone stay with her."

"Come on Baby," North said picking her up.

"No all of you come with me," she shook her head.

Owen walked over to her, "Darling, we have to go check on the others and stop your uncle. This has to end now."

She sniffled and straightened her back. "Okay," She said with determination. "Just bring everyone back to get me and be careful, he likes to play dirty. He favors knives because he likes to get close and personal and mess with the mind as he tortures."

"Got it," Nathan said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Doc, you and Marc go with them," Kota said, "Max you too, protect them." Max growled and went to stand by North.

"Come on Marc, we got to go," Sean said as he helped him stand. "Someone bring Brandon and Axel once you find them."

"Got it," Corey nodded.

"Let's go hunting," Raven grinned as he pulled his guns back out.