Chapter 28

"What do you mean was she?" Kota asked.

"What do you know about the siege?" Uncle asked as he leaned against the doorframe.

"You had an undercover and eventually gathered enough information to storm the place. A shootout ensued and the whole family was killed in the midst of everything, effectively ending the cartel since his right hand men where at the mansion as well," Kota replied.

"Tell me what you know of Amore Medina," Uncle pressed as he twirled a coin back and forth through his fingers.

"She was the only child of Jose and Lupe Medina. There are very few pictures of her due to her parents being over protective of her. There were even rumors if they ever even had a child and the pictures were never verified to actually be of her. She was rumored to be around fifteen when she was killed," Owen said. "There are conflicting rumors of her being just as ruthless as her parents to her wanting nothing to do with the family business to her not even being real and a maid being forced to being portrayed as the child to even her being hidden because of having birth and mental defects. With there being no solid proof of her existence the rumors fuel the conspiracy theories."

"There actually is verified proof of her existence, Boys," Uncle said as he pushed off the doorframe and went over to Victor. "Hook this up to your TV." Uncle handed over his cellphone and Victor did a few things then his home screen was shown on their TV.

Uncle did a few things then a video popped up. Someone followed Lupe as they entered a bedroom covered in various posters from Selena to Linkin Park to Slipknot to bands of all genres. A teenage girl with ebony hair was laying on her stomach on her bed while typing away on a laptop. "English lesson Mija," Lupe said with distaste.

The girl shut her laptop then sat it on her nightstand. She turned over and everyone gasped as a teenage version of Lisa looked into the camera. "Si Mama," She said softly. Lupe left the room and Amore sighed, "Teacher, can I ask something?" she bit her lip and looked around nervously.

"Amore, it's been a year now that you know the truth," the undercover said softly. "You don't have to call me teacher anymore. What is your question?"

They instantly recognized her tell tale habit of biting her lip and twirling her hair when she was nervous, "Did Mafia Kings really stop Mama and Papa drug house last week?"

"Yes they did, thanks to you the director was able to get ahold of his nephews and they were able to handle it and stop the sex trafficking you told us about also," the undercover said.

"Bien," she mumbled and sighed. "Mama and Papa were not happy about it but girls no deserve that."

"No they don't," the undercover shook her head. "Amore, are your parents still pressuring you to take over the family business?"

"Si," she nodded. "On sixteen birthday I start giving orders I no want to."

"What if there was a way you didn't have to Amore?" She asked and Amore looked over at the undercover shocked.

"Que?" She asked confused.

"If you could tell me when the next huge meeting was with your parents and the right hands and everyone we could stop the meeting and arrest them, we have enough evidence now to convict them of the drugs, sex trafficking, and even a few murders thanks to you," the undercover said softly. "We can get you away from all this."

"Next Wednesday," Amore said softly. "They meet first Wednesday every month."

"Gracias," She said softly. "The director will be very happy. He is already trying to find you the perfect identity to get you out of here."

The video ended then the next one started playing. There was gunshots everywhere in the background and tons of yelling. Her bedroom door flies open, "Amore?" Uncle calls out and she slid out from inside her armoire. "Come on sweetie, hold on to me and whatever you do, do NOT let go, okay?"

"Si," She said clinging to him.

"I got her, I need cover," he said into something. "I'll be honest sweetie, it didn't come out the way we wanted. Your parents were killed, I'm sorry."

"I know, they no give up," she shook her head then a voice said it was safe. The clip showed them being escorted out and he takes her to a car that was waiting. "I got you a new identity and once we get you to a safe place my undercover will come back and finish teaching you English so you can pass as American. Amore was killed in the siege, that name is gone forever, no one will look for you. You have a new life now. One where you can be whatever you want to be."

"Do I have to go back to school?" She asked and he shook his head.

"Sweetie, you graduated at 15 with honors. You are a genius, you actually remind me of my nephew Kota, he's a genius also. You can go to college if you want but it will be online at first just for protection."

"You have fourteen nephews, si? All Mafia Kings?" she asked and he nodded. "I help them with you si?"

"Yes your information was a huge help for me to give them the information they needed to help stop your parents," he said softly. "While they sometimes make bad choices, they aren't typical mafia, they do more good than bad. They help fix justice that I can't do."

"Bien," she mumbled as she watched the trees pass by.

"Rest Sweetie, you've been through so much," Uncle said softly and she closed her eyes, "I promise no more torture and no more punishments. Your life will get better from here on out, I swear it."

The video ended and they turned to look at Uncle with disbelief.