Chapter One

Avery's POV
I looked at myself in the mirror. No wonder my parents didn't give me a second glance I mean, look at me. Ink and metals decorated my body. But I think it made me look better, but they shall forever mark my body. And I didn't mind. I was labeled the mute freak of my pack.

Born mute and always will be mute.

But I didn't mind, not one bit. The only person I could talk to was my wolf Ava, because she was in my head. My older and twin brother bullied me along with the rest of the school. So I turned to music. Now I can play any instrument I want. I was ok at baking or so I thought.

I often helped the omegas cook because they had to cook so much. My only friend Anna is omega, and she loves me the way I am. She often gushes over my ink and metal wishing she could have them. But she has parents who care for her. In my free time I trained myself in martial arts.

My secret talent.

I could probably take on the best pack warrior if I wanted. But I couldn't and wouldn't, no one would allow it. 'We could be so much more' Ava told me in my head. 'Who would want a mute freak?' I whispered broken and she whimpered. Sighing I walked from my room my head hung low, trying to draw as much attention away from me as possible.

"Hey mute freak" someone yelled causing me to turn, only to be punched in the face. I went crumbling to the floor holding my bruising jaw. Ava my wolf is highly weak and wasn't able to heal me anymore. People laughed and I curled into a ball on the floor.

Silently my shoulders shook as I cried.

No sounds coming from my mouth.
-//--//-/--//--/--/-/-//-/
Pic of Avery's tattoos