Chapter Four

Avery's POV
Today is the day! My eighteenth birthday, finally I can leave! Dressing in my regular clothes and my hair in a bun I raced down stairs. I have my listened but I want a car . So that's what I did. I went and got a car.

My car was a black jeep wrangler with gold accents. Content I parked the jeep around back and walked inside only to be met with a fist in my face. Stumbling back I held my jaw which was bruising. "WHERE WERE YOU?" Maddox screamed in my face.

I shrugged and tried to walk away but he stepped in front if me again. "It's Adonis's birthday, you have to cook again" he spat at me and I slumped my shoulders. Anna shot me a sympathetic glance while I started cooking again.

'Come on Ave,we can be better then this' Ava said weakly 'not if your weak' I thought to her. She sighed heavily and went into the back of my head. I started cooking again, only his favorites. Which was a lot.

I even did his cake. Not very special but I knew how to do it. 'Talking Body' came on by Tove Lo and I swayed my hips. I danced all the while I cooked, and I was happy in my own little world. There no one could hurt me.

"Hey mutey you will be a server" Adonis called at me making his friends laughed, I gave him a sarcastic smile and a thumbs up. He frowned and his friends had a serious face, turning around I flipped them off and started dancing. Gasps gave from behind me, but no one slapped me.

My face was set straight as I served people wine,beer, shots, you name it I served it. "Over here" I heard my father call and I pushed my way through people to get over to him. Suddenly someone was shoved into me and my tray flew and hit my father. Wine, beer, and shot stained his shirt and dripped down his face.

All music stopped as he fumed "you worthless little runt!" he screamed at me "I knew you were a mistake" he sneered at me and suddenly a hand was brought down on my cheek. Everyone heard the impact of the blow, everyone's jaws were open and eyes wide.

I looked up at my 'father' with steely eyes. That was the first time he EVER hit me, now it was the last. It was also the first time in eight years I cried a single tear, which honestly is worse than sobbing and shedding a million tears. Turning on my heel I went to my room and packed all my clothes. I didn't bother leaving some crappy note. Instead I left them a promise.

I grabbed spray paint from my old pranks and sprayed the message on the wall. Grabbing my cars keys I ran to my jeep and drove away.

Finally I'm free.
/-/-/-/-//--/-/-/-//--/-/
Pic of Maddox's car