Chapter 47

Avery's POV
I was a nervous wreck, I was meeting the pack today then we were going to meet my family for dinner. Needless to say I was having a mini panic attack. "Babe calm down" Tatum says and he rubs my shoulders trying to relieve my tension.

"I can't" I sigh, "stress isn't good for the babies"'Tatum warns me. I growl knowing he was right and take deep breaths, "that's better" he says and stops rubbing my shoulders. Once I was semi calm Tate proceeds to tell me that the pack was very excited.

"It will take and hour at most, and it'll happen at lunchtime" he informed me. "Am I hour? I think I can last an hour" I say breezily.

_______

"Oh my god" I collapse on the couch, needless to say it was a wonder I survived an hour. The pack was so excited, I literally talked to everyone. "You did amazing baby" Tatum kisses my forehead and sits by my feet. Taking off my heels he rubs my sore feet, "right there" I moan making him chuckle.

"We have dinner with your family in a while" he says softly while switching feet. "Don't remind me" I scowl, "it won't be that bad" he laughs making me smile at him. My heart started tattooing itself to my rib cage.

I had never left like this before.

Not even with Eros.

"You're right" I yawn and cuddle into the couch. Standing up Tate kisses my forehead before he walks into the kitchen. The sound of running water told me he washed his hands. When he returned he scooped me up and placed me in his lap, I laid my head in the crook of his neck.

Reaching over he turned on the Tv, everything was in Spanish. "Sleep" he murmurs kissing my cheek, nodding into his neck I curl against him. His strong arms find their way around me, making me feel safe and at home.

~

After my nap I was ready to go, but most of all I was nervous. My mom and dad would most probably interrogate him. Standing in front of the mirror I mess with my perfect hair.

I had curdled it to perfection, and I wore leggings with an maternity sweater. "Ave you look fine" Tate says and wraps his arms around me while nuzzling his nose in my neck. I just sigh and cock my head in the mirror, a breathy laugh leaves Tate's lips.

"So beautiful" he murmurs against my skin, heat creeps of my necks and spills onto my cheeks. "And all mine" he softly bites the skin there making me gasp, my knees go weak at the little nip.

"Tatum" I moan softly, "we will continue this later" he says seductively against my skin before pulling away and looking at me in the mirror with black eyes that swirled with lust.

"Come on, your parents are waiting" taking my hand Tatum leads me from our room and to his car outside. "Where are we meeting them?" Tatum asks while starting the car, I think for a moment.

"Some small family restaurant" I say, he smiles "I know the place" he nods and starts to pull out of the driveway. The ride was silence, but a comfortable one. My hands rested on my stomach, it was getting bigger.

The twins should be coming any week or day now, and I couldn't be more excited. My hands rested on my belly, waiting for a kick. When I felt some I smile tenderly and began to hum.

Tate took a hand off the wheel and put a hand on my stomach, a large grin on his face felling me he felt a kick too. "Amazing" he murmurs and with drawls his hand from my stomach to rest it on my thigh.

"Here we are" Tate pulls into a cozy looking diner, through the glass I see my family seated at a large booth. Jacob, Elise, Mom and Dad were looking around outside, eyes searching for us.

I couldn't help the eager smile on my face as I fumbled with my seatbelt. Tate grins and helps me, chuckling the whole time. "Thank you" I kiss his lips before opening my door and easing myself out.

Tate, being the non pregnant one of us got out of the car quicker and helped me out. I smile sheepishly at him and got on my tip toes to kiss his cheeks, Tate only chuckles and shakes his head.

Grabbing my hand Tate leads us into the warm diner, amazing smells immediately attacking my nose. Thankfully the diner was seat yourself, saving us time.

"I'm nervous" Tate whispers as we walk towards my family, I turn my head and smile at him.

"Don't be, they'll love you" I assure him by kissing his lips quickly. I tug Tate towards the table, smiling brightly at my family.

"Hello family" I sing and open my arms for a hug, Elise flew into my arms and hugged me tightly.

"We were so worried!" She says when I let her go, I shoot her a sheepishly smile as I'm passed around. Mom started crying, and Jake was Jake and glared at Tate for five minutes straight.

"Mom, Dad, Jake, Elise, this is Tatum" I say and shove Tate forward, he glares at me a little before smiling at my family.

"Alpha and Luna" Tatum bows respectfully, my parents return the gesture before we sit down.

"So Tatum tell me, what are your intentions with my daughter?" Dad asks, leaning back in his chair while crossing his arms.

"I would like to work on our relationship for a while before I marry her" Tatum says seriously making me blush.

Marriage

Dad nods in approval, "what about the babies?" He asks seriously, I grip Tate's hand. Tate shoots me a smile and rubs soothing circles over my knuckles.

"I will try and be the best father to them, despite them not being mine" Tatum says seriously again, my heart flutters in happiness and a warm feeling blooms in my stomach.

"You have my blessing" Dad groans in defeat, I smile at Dad and peck Tate's cheek. Well that was short.

"But if you hurt my daughter..." Dad trials off, a thoughtful look on his face. Beside me Tate shivers at the look in Keller's eyes.

"Let's eat!" I divert the topic and pick up the menu, Tatum squeezes my hand and peeks over my shoulder and looks at the menu with me.

"Hmmm" I hum while looking at what to eat, there was so much stuff to eat! And luckily there was English translations for those who couldn't read Spanish.

"Chicken and cheese enchiladas sound" I comment softy and look at from the corner of my eye. Tate swiftly pecks me cheek and hums in agreement, a blush spreads on my cheeks again from the gesture.

"So beautiful" Tate murmurs, his warm breath fanning my neck making me shiver with delight.

Abruptly I put the menu down and give a big smile to my family. They all give us curious looks, but I notice that Jake wanted to say something.

"Avery...what are we gonna do?" Jake sighs and grips Elise's hand. My heart clench sin my chest, he was right. They can't follow me forever.

"Go back with Keller and Alex" I tell him softly, Elise's eyes widen and they fill with tears.

"I don't wanna leave you Avery" Elise whispers, Jake nods his head in agreement.

"I don't want you to go either, but I can't let you drag you guys around forever" I tell her gently, beside me Tatum tenses.

"Mom and Dad, you guys need to go back to Landon. He is your son and he needs your help with the pack" I tell the honestly. Mom and Dad nod, their eyes full of worry.

"¿Puedo tomar su pedido?" A male waiter says, standing beside Tatum.

Tatum murmurs our orders back to the man in fluent Spanish before he scurried away.

"Jake and Elise you could join my pack" Tatum says suddenly, I stare at my mate in shock. He was willing to let two strangers (to him) into his pack. My eyes water at the thoughtfulness of him.

"Alpha Tatum we would love to join" Jake says gratefully, his eyes shooting to me for a moment then to Tate's.

"It's settled then" Tatum clears his throat with a award winning smile. I grip Tatum's hand and kiss his cheek.