9

Noah

No, you are not gonna lose your cool right now. I talked myself out of doing something irrational because at the moment all I wanted to do was rip that boy from limb to limb and hand his heart over to the vampires to feed on.

My wolf growled lowly as our mate approached the blond haired boy. When she grinned at him, we both grew agitated.

My mind was filled with several questions. Out of the many were that if she already likes him. He sure was good looking but just the thought of Kerry being with him or anyone didn't sit well with me.

I swallowed my emotions and strutted away because emotions get the best of me and when it comes to my beloved, I can't bear to watch her become someone else's right before me.

But there was one thing I needed to do in the moment. Sticks and stones crunched under my paws as I ran faster, the wind blowing alongside me. The forest has always been my favourite place to enjoy. Now my favourite place to be is near my mate. My wolf purrs while I sigh. That time is quite far away I guess.

As I make my way back to the pack, I start heading towards the lake. It was time to give some people a lesson. The pack rule says that no werewolf is allowed to approach a human until or unless their mate and the place shall not be crowded with other people. This werewolf just crosses the line and it almost hurt my mate. There is no way that I was going to let this be. I quickly change into my human form and get dressed.

Chloe and her friend Mia stood by the lake. As if Chloe took notice of me, she began to strip. Nudity was common between us werewolves but her intentions were not pure at all. This girl has kept her eyes on me ever since she stepped into our boundary. Sure she felt attracted to me but that was one sided only. So this time I had to make her see that I was not a bit interested in her.

"Are you here to watch me take a swim, Noah? Or are you joining me? Mia will leave us alone." She said in a seductive tone.

"Its alpha Noah to you, Chloe. I'm sure your elders must have taught you manners. Also it is forbidden for an unmated male and female to do such things especially when they aren't your mate." My tone was sharp making her flinch.

"But we are going to be mates, right? You haven't found yours yet."

"Where the fuck were you when the announcement was made about me finding a mate?" My annoyance rising on the surface.

"You... you found your mate?"

I could have rolled my eyes at the absurdity of that question. My wolf growls as she traces a finger on my cheek.

"But we are meant to be, Noah. Its only us. Our parents are best friends and I am here, in your pack to help you. This will give us ample time to bond and become mates."

I pushed her away.

"Our parents have nothing to do with what you want from me. And if you are here to help then who gave you the right to break the pack rules, huh? Mind you, we do not confront humans in fur but skin. You disgrace me, Chloe. That's just why it's impossible for my wolf to choose you as our mate. I told you I have found the right one so you need to let your obsession go and move the fuck on. This is your last chance. I don't want to see you anywhere near another human in your fur. Am I understood?"

With her eyes wide, she just stared at me. I'm not gonna blame her. I got off pretty harsh and rude. I can't hide my anger when she intentionally almost hurt my mate. It is normal to be protective of your loved ones. Thank God I was nearby when I sensed my mate's scent and stayed behind the bush. Chloe could have hurt her real bad.

"Am I understood, Chloe?" I asked again when she didn't answer.

"Y–yes."

"Great."

I turned my back and walked home. After taking a shower and eating some apple pie, I lay in bed. My eyes were slowly drooping due to all the patrol I had done today. I managed to kill 15 vampires lurking around the boarder. My day just came out tired but one thing sure did make my day better.

I smile.

She talked to me as if she would talk to a human. She even wanted to see my wolf again. Now that's what I would call bonding time. At first she was scared but realized that I was of no harm. She relaxed a bit and when I had shifted closer all of a sudden, I did feel stupid. My height must have freaked her out.

My smile vanishes.

That guy... I freaking hate him for being so close to my mate. He even had the audacity to touch her.

Why can't it be me?

I can't help it when I'm around her. It's so hard to control my feelings that when it comes to her, all my emotions start raining on my parade. She drives me insane. She makes me want to protect her from everything and everyone. She makes my heartbeat from miles away. Just thinking about her makes my heart beat with anxiousness, just to be next to her. Godess, I cannot wait but I have to, just for her, only her. Its gonna be worth the wait and I know it.

I wish I could disclose about me and my kind. Kerry is the one who will need to figure out who I am and if she still wants to stay around me.

Fuck, I'd die for that girl. I'd give everything up just for her. And I can't wait to have her next to me. But I have to. Kerry is worth the wait and she will make it worth while.

I loved that confused expression when I said Te amo. I know she doesn't understand French so I use that to my advantage to tell her my feelings. That way she doesn't have to feel like she needs to say something back and all. Saying 'I love you' to her felt so right and so true. I'll teach her to say it back someday. Before that, I want her to realize who I am.

I yawned and snuggled deeper into my pillow, her forest green eyes drawing me to sweet dreams.

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺