28

Kerry

Love.

That word again.

What do I feel for Noah? Alot.

I feel crazy when he isn't around. I am totally in love with his scent. I love caressing his hair and I want to caress his cheek and feel the sharp edges of his jaw. I love it when he holds me to sleep. His warmth is my blanket and my comfortable place. Lately, I get really frustrated when I don't see him for a day. I know he has work that needs to be done and he has a family but I can't stop the pain I feel in my chest.

Noah hasn't been around for a few days now. I haven't seen him for the whole week. I've only seen glimpses of his back in the mornings as he left for pack duties. As an alpha, he sure had some tough things to deal with.

Me? I was restless all the time. It wasn't peace until I saw him. I even snapped at Layla's Mom when she tried to comfort me. Fortunately, she wasn't mad at me for snapping at her. She only laughed and said that I needed my mate's love.

And right now I really did need Noah. The sudden realization hit me. I really did need Noah.

What if those females were enjoying around him and he was giving his attention to them? Esther said that unmated females liked to attach to Noah all the time. Was he giving his attention to them?

I sighed. I am sick and tired of staying in bed. The doctor did recommend that I could take short walks. All I've done is walk around in the room and the house. No one would allow me to get out. I slowly wobbled on my feet as I made my way to the front door.

Just once wouldn't hurt.

Plus Noah must be attending to pretty females while I've been sitting a round and laying like a sick person. And I wanted to see for myself. I wanted to see if what Esther said was true.

I already insisted that Mikhaila could go without worrying about me so I had none to watch over me. I stepped out the door and made sure to lock it.

The evening light flashed on my face and I had to shield it with my hand. It's been so long since I have stepped outside. Everywhere was green. Trees and shrubs, cute houses that looked like cabins in the wood, and a bigger looking building that looked 4 stories high.

I walked towards the building, following the footpath and getting weird looks from people around me. They were literally bowing to me which made me uncomfortable. I wasn't used to attention. One of the woman stopped by to say 'Good evening Luna' and I awkwardly replied back. When I reached the tall building, I pushed the glass doors and entered.

Two people were busy with their files and arguing over something. They snapped their heads at me and I flinched so hard that I could have broken my neck.

"I'm so sorry Luna. We just got scared that it was Alpha."

They were scared of Noah?

"Er... it's ok. Have you... um... seen him?"

"In his office probably," the other one answered. "The top floor, Luna."

"Thank you but which way?"

The first lady chuckled. "Take the corridor on the left and you will find the elevator."

"Ok."

I followed her directions and reached the elevator. I felt a small ache in my stomach but I ignored it. I know I was stressing my wound but I just wanted to see Noah.

The elevator dinged as it stopped on the top floor. There was only one door ahead of me and it must be Noah's office. I made my way there and knocked on the door. Some shuffling was heard and then the door opened widely.