13

Noah

Brightness evaded my closed eyes. I groaned and flipped in the other direction wincing as I land on the cold floor. Fuck!

Opening my eyes, I realize that I had slept on the couch. On Kerry's couch, to be exact. Memories of last night resurfaced putting a smile on my face. I stretched and got up. Yesterday couldn't be any better than I wanted it to be. I mean, its Kerry and she just gave me a chance to prove, to love her. Fuck, the day couldn't get any better.

I finally can do what I've been dreaming to do for so many days. I know I'm a pathetic at heart but Kerry does that to me. I'm as scared as her but I don't show it because I know that I would never let her go until she would prefer someone else over me.

"Good morning." I heard her soft voice from the kitchen. I turned to her, a smile grazing her lips, her hair in a loose ponytail and her hands busy preparing breakfast.

I could wake to this everyday! Shut up, conscience.

"Good morning." I said with a smile and walked to the counter. She swallowed and looked away slowly.

I wish I could kiss her right now. But baby steps. I need to drop a few notch of my emotions. It's hard to do so when all I want is to love her like crazy.

"Did you sleep well? The couch isn't really that comfortable to sleep on."

"It was uncomfortable."

She looked up immediately. "I'm sorry–"

"But that was one of the best good night's sleep I've had. The last one was when you were at my parents."

A light blush formed on her cheeks, increasing as she looked down again. I mentally noted to make her blush more often because that blush puts up all the electrifying sensations in my bones.

"Do you have a spare toothbrush?"

"Yeah. It's inside the bathroom cabinet and the bathroom is in my room."

"Can I also take a shower?"

She nods. "Go on, I won't mind."

"Thanks."

She turns away with a shy smile as I make my way to her room. When I open the oak door, I'm greeted a simple bed with a small nightstand beside it. The black duvet and the white sheets and pillows indicated how simple this girl was. The runaway grey colored wall behind the bed draws attention and contrasts with the other three white walls. Sunlight shines it's way through the windows. I don't see any pictures on the wall or the nightstand. A wardrobe is in the far corner on the left with another door that might lead to the bathroom. There is a small study table on the other corner that had all the stacks of thick books and a collection of pencils and pens.

The bathroom had black tiles on the wall and white ones on the floor. I opened the cabinet and took out the blue toothbrush. Putting some toothpaste on the brush, I thoroughly brushed my teeth. After rinsing and washing my face, I placed my brush beside Kerry's red one. Then I took a cold shower and got dressed in the same clothes I wore earlier because at the moment I did not have extras.

Kerry had already set the table so I sat myself infront of her. The only thing separating us was the table. Our legs touched but Kerry quickly moved it back.

"I didn't know what you liked so I just made waffles. If you want I can make you something else."

"I love waffles." I said with a hidden smile. "You shouldn't put too much weight on your ankle. How is it?"

"Other than the pain, I haven't seen it for myself."

"I'll take a look at it."

There was this comfortable silence, that homey feeling that makes you want to stay cozily. I was delighted with how good the waffles tasted. Whenever mom made waffles, Dad and I would fight over it because the taste is heaven. I definitely would never let Kerry make these waffles for anyone else.

Kerry was nervous. I could sense it from miles away plus her eyes seemed to be glued to the half eaten plate. I wish I could read her thoughts just then.

"Are you gonna eat that?" I gestured to the plate before her as I took my last bite.

"I'm full."

"Can I have that?"

I grinned when she gave me a baffled look. Her eyes widened. What can I say, I've got a big appetite.

She pushes the plate towards me. "Where does all that go?" She asks curiously.

"My metabolism rate is high. I usually end up taking long runs and under the hood of cars, so yeah, I usually get hungry almost all the time. I've got a big appetite."

"I wish I had that."

I laughed and she smiled back. I could fight the world just to see her smile at me. My heart warmed in my chest as I felt at peace with my mate. My wolf she did make a worth while choice.

Once we were done, Kerry insisted on clearing the table but I walked her to the couch and did the clearing and washing myself. Then I brought the first aid kit from the kitchen.

"I could have washed the dishes atleast." She complained.

"You're hurt and I'm not letting you do a thing."

I sat down on the floor and took hold of her feet and placed them on my lap. I could feel her eyes on me as I gently examined her ankle. The angry red bruise seemed to be swollen. Kerry needed to lay down and not do a thing or else this would get worse.

I put some ointment on the bruise gently. Kerry grasped my laundered tshirt and gasped. Shit it must be hurting like hell.

I apologized.

"Its ok."

I examined her palm. The bandage was free of blood so it meant that the wound was healing.

"Let's leave this one." She nods.

Now it's time that she gets some rest. So I got up, placed a hand under her knees and one under her upper body and carried her to her room. If she wanted to say something, she didn't. She just stared at me as I slowly lowered her on the bed. I brushed her hair to the side and adjusted her pillow.

"You should get some rest. You're not allowed to get off this bed unless you need to go to the washroom. I don't want that bruise to swell anymore." I said firmly.

"Noah."

I smile at her. "Yes, mi amor?"

She doesn't say anything but when her small hand encloses on top of mine, my eyes widen. Her eyes tell me that she wants to say something but she doesn't. Time passes by as we stare at each other and then she finally speaks.

"I know I'm stubborn but thank you for being here with me. It gets really alone being on my own. But when you're here, it's like I can feel more safe."

I lean down towards her. She closes her eyes as I land a soft kiss on her forehead. My love for her gets even stronger.

"I'll always be here. Forever. Even if you realize that you don't need me."

She smiles.

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺